X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone getting Iphone 3GS??

Anyone getting it? Im very tempted but my plan with Starhub still have a yr

http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-3g-s/

Battery - Standard battery, Li-Ion giving you up to 300 hours standby time and up to 12 hours 2G talk time and up to 5 hours 3G talk time, you will also get up to 30 hours music play time.

Camera - 3 megapixel camera (2048x1536 pixels) featuring Touch focus and geo-tagging, it also has a VGA video camera at 30 fps.

Data Features - GPRS, EDGE, 3G (HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps), Bluetooth v2.1, WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11b/g, USB v2.0

Display - 3.5-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen (16-million colours/320 x 480 pixels), Multi-touch input method, Proximity sensor for auto turn-off, Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate, Ambient light sensor and Scratch-resistant surface

Size and Weight - 115.5 x 62.1 x 12.3mm and weighs 135 grams

Networks - 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 and 3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100

Memory Features - Phonebook can handle practically unlimited entries and fields including photo-call, the call records can store 100 received/100 missed/100 dialed calls, 16GB and 32GB internal storage

Sound - Vibration alert, MP3 ringtones, Downloadable polyphonic, 3.5 mm headset jack and Speakerphone

Other Features

* Mac OS X v10.4.11
    * SMS & MMS Messaging
    * Email
    * HTML (Safari) Browser
    * Games - Downloadable, including motion-based
    * GPS with A-GPS support
    * Google Maps
    * TV-out
    * Digital compass
    * Audio/video player
    * Voice command/dial
    * Photo browser
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

No notable upgrades from iphone 3G.... not gonna upgrade

US selling at 99USD? Reach SG... u tink hw much liaos...
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

reach SG? 1k without contract.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Fark up SG... if its selling at $99USD in SG, i'm sure the take up rate would be much much higher....
        A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Once reach sure selling at premium one. Actually considered ordering from US via Vpost but dunno whether can use phone here or nt le..

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Still no video call function.... giving it a miss again...

Comment

Wah 116520, u video call often?? With XMM?? heheheh

No won't be upgrading as still tied on contract...

I know for sure one person who is NOT gona get it... Darkie..

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

DA anti Apple ah?

no significant changes to iphone 3G leh so will give this a miss and continue using my current one haha..

heard US slashing price for the 3G model when this hits town. Will Singapore follow suit?
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

spoke to some iphone owners and they say the 3g video call function is app based. there is already builtin cameras on the top left front of the iphone and to utilise it, u have to pay for the apps... dunno how true.. any one can verify this?

very interested in the 3gs but if no video call also sian..
                  In The Bag
                  Him
                  Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
                  Her
                  Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
                  Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

Originally posted by elyjacob View Post
                    spoke to some iphone owners and they say the 3g video call function is app based. there is already builtin cameras on the top left front of the iphone and to utilise it, u have to pay for the apps... dunno how true.. any one can verify this?

very interested in the 3gs but if no video call also sian..
                    don think its true

the cam is at the back of the phone. how to chat video when u need to face the back of the phone?

then image u chatting with XMM and your phone is turned to face outside for everyuone to see...WOW!!!

in other words, all can see EXCEPT the caller.
                    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

In Sg, iPhone will be selling at a premium: saw e pricing at e Singtel website:

iOne Plus $25.68/mth iPhone 3G 8GB $698 iPhone 3G 16GB $848

iTwo Value $48.15/mth $348 $508

iTwo Plus $82.93/mth $49 $208

iThree Plus $192.60/mth $0 $0

Comment

apparently under the black border, there are 3 circular things on the front top-left of the iphone. one of these circles is the said camera. i was not able to see it at first but under strong light, and play a bit with the angle of the iphone, you should be able to see it.
                        In The Bag
                        Him
                        Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
                        Her

Next Target

Comment

i tht those were the sensors?

"The display responds to three sensors. A proximity sensor deactivates the display and touchscreen when the device is brought near the face during a call. This is done to save battery power and to prevent inadvertent inputs from the user's face and ears. An ambient light sensor adjusts the display brightness which in turn saves battery power. "

checkout this webbie
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

dint know one of those has a cam function? may i know where u find the info? thx in advance!

Comment

Iphone is nice.... Don't know why pp don't like it... Thinking of either blackberry or Iphone cos contract is up soon.... So which is better?
                            PAM 233K :woohoo:
                            IWC BP 5004 :D
                            Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
                            Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

you are probably correct!.. my info comes from two persons who uses iphone and claims that one of the 'circles' is a camera.... they may be pulling a fast one on me or they themselves were misinformed..

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                              i tht those were the sensors?

"The display responds to three sensors. A proximity sensor deactivates the display and touchscreen when the device is brought near the face during a call. This is done to save battery power and to prevent inadvertent inputs from the user's face and ears. An ambient light sensor adjusts the display brightness which in turn saves battery power. "

checkout this webbie
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

dint know one of those has a cam function? may i know where u find the info? thx in advance!
                              In The Bag
                              Him
                              Her

Next Target

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X