X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Gates advises: "Billionaires, give away most of your wealth"

Who wan to donate to poor me....

But really... for him...

Microsoft founder Bill Gates said,"I think they would enjoy it, their kids would be better off, and the world would be better off," by giving to charitable causes.

Microsoft founder Bill Gates has said that billionaires ought to give away most of their wealth to charitable causes, and that they may find themselves enjoying doing so.

The world’s richest man has donated a large chunk of his US$40 billion ($58 billion) fortune to fight poverty and disease, via the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, a philanthropic powerhouse.

“I think all billionaires should give away the vast majority of their fortunes, though I don’t say they shouldn’t leave anything to their kids,” Mr Gates told a gathering at Oslo’s opera house on Wednesday.

“I think they would enjoy it, their kids would be better off, and the world would be better off,” he said.

“I’m a great believer that great wealth should go from the richest to the poorest,” he noted, seated next to his wife, Melinda, who co-chairs the foundation.

One who has heeded the advice is investment whiz Warren Buffett, the world’s second-richest man. The close friend of Mr Gates said in 2006 he would leave a good part of his estimated US$37 billion wealth to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Mr Gates said his foundation’s biggest success had been with vaccination, where “we have saved millions of lives”.

He said it was very disappointing science had not produced a HIV/Aids vaccine, but was optimistic about some emerging prevention methods that could be used by women to stop infection before a vaccine is discovered.

Once one of those methods proved to work, he said, the foundation would “get it out there and dramatically decrease the number getting (the disease)”.
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

sure .... when i make it! i sure donate my billions as well
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

One can be the richest man in the world but he will be displaced one day. But if he were to give away his wealth, no one can dispute he's the first in history to give away his wealth as the richest man in the world. And typically after after achieving the billionaire status, the next most important thing all mega wealth families like soros, buffett and gates etc do is to gain a legacy, a name which will be recorded in history books for the nextany generations.
      Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
      Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
      GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
      GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
      DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
      DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
      , 18238 malachite
      DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
      AP 15300 Black
      Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
      GP 18k RG
      IWC Port 3714 Chrono
      Chronoswiss Skeleton
      Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Make the money and get rich 1st

Comment

Originally posted by minimerc View Post
          One can be the richest man in the world but he will be displaced one day. But if he were to give away his wealth, no one can dispute he's the first in history to give away his wealth as the richest man in the world. And typically after after achieving the billionaire status, the next most important thing all mega wealth families like soros, buffett and gates etc do is to gain a legacy, a name which will be recorded in history books for the nextany generations.
          Why can't we just applaud such act rather than doubt the intention? At least they are doing something good that benefits human, and not try to gain a legacy by buying a football club + expensive players to try and win the Champions League.

Besides, the Buffett and Gates already have their name in the history book for what they have achieved.
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X