Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Brothers

Thanks for your reply.

Well, firstly I am not buying Rollies, so cannot go RSC... ... one Brother mentioned that to open the bracelet and verify against the warranty... then pai seh if does not want to buy.

For other watches for example Tag,Sinn,BR etc does their serail no all hide under the bracelet or on the cases.

Ya, I might be thinking to much cos eyeing a less 3k watch but it does happen on my friend.. A guy sold him a watch no box and paper... later took the watch to RSC for servicing and he was questioned by the pple over there.. long and old story dont want to elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      if private seller where got receipt?? should I copy down his name, IC number, address?
      no need a actual receipt. even if type on toilet paper "sold <insert watch description> to <insert new owner details> for <amount>.

sellers ID/IC/etc."

at least you are protected should anything happen.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Good advice. But I never did before.... one question, touch wood huh, if I buy a watch from someone (of course you got his/her name and handphone number/namecard or even know where he/she stays if you deal at their place) and later find out that the watch is a stolen watch... police get involved and if you tell them you bought the watch from this person and give them all you know (of course without the so-called receipt). Will the police believe you? Will you be charged with the procession of stolen goods?

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        no need a actual receipt. even if type on toilet paper "sold <insert watch description> to <insert new owner details> for <amount>.

sellers ID/IC/etc."

at least you are protected should anything happen.

Comment

this im not sure, so being a typical s'porean, i shall always practise caution, and ask for a "receipt" even if it means he signing over "title" to me. i know my ass is protected.
          Blue 6694
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Another scenerio, you buy a watch from a private seller. It comes with box and dated and un-named paper/card. Later found out it is a stolen watch. You put your name on the paper/card, can proof the watch is yours and not stolen??

Comment

maybe ask to look at retailers records. im not sure. eitherway, as long as you have something to prove that you bought the item in good faith, then you are ok
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

thought i bring up this thread for read.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

there is also a thread over in Rolex Concierge Service about buying pre-own watches.

there are quite a number of things to look out for when buying a pre-own watch. some people have to pay 'tuition' money, while some dont.

i would advice some of the following to be adhere when possible
                  • use the iTrader section for REFERENCE only. it is by no means 100%. at least it gives buyer a benchmark
                  • meet during the day so that you can see the watch under normal light. if not possible meet @ brightly lit area
                  • go RSC and verify the watch. but many buyers prefer not to. i always go RSC regardless buying from gray dealers or pre-own.
                  • ask for service receipt if possible.
                  • ask for last known service if previous point is not available
                  • the list go on........

most important, if you are not comfortable in buying a pre-own go brand new from AD. it is hassle free(applicable to models still available)
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X