Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealing With Imperfections In Watches (Dust in dial, scratches on hands etc)..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing With Imperfections In Watches (Dust in dial, scratches on hands etc)..

Just curious for members of the board here, how do u guys feel about blemishes/imperfections in watches.

I am not talking about scratches or external issues caused by wear and tear.

What I am concerned is imperfections or issues found within the watch.

For e.g dust particles in watch dial, minor scratches in hands, oil patches/stains in hands

It seems all of my watches have such minor issues when observed closely. Not with a loupe, just normal eye vision

If a brand new watch you own has such issues, do you simply ignore it or do you send your watch for warranty servicing?

I have sent several of my watches for warranty servicing and they rarely come back in a good condition. Often leaving extra dust particles in dial and sometimes even damaging the hands due to mishandling.

How many of you guys are ok with leaving the watch alone, accepting such flaws as signs of uniquess/character?

I do find it hard to accept this. And I have experienced this over some of my (past) watches. One brand did good to remove a small little, tiny-weeny hair, on the dial

One brand did badly and after having sold the watch, I "self-declared" never to touch that brand ever again, mainly because of the poor service attitude at the service centre. The glass/acrylic of the watch turned foggy on the inside after a couple of months
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

No way for imperfections if the watch cost a bomb

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X