Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singapore Election 2015 - who will you vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pap

Lots of people are complaining PAP..
    In real fact, I think they are doing a very good job..

-low crime rate attract investors and tourist to Singapore therefore will generate jobs for both locals and forgieners.
    -cheap transportation
    -clean and safe city
    -cheap food

For those who frequently travel oversea will understand.

Comment

12 sept

Comment

i have never cast vote for pap before & never will

Comment

Originally posted by r1_77 View Post
          i have never cast vote for pap before & never will
          Same here bro.

I used to vote PAP but went against them in the 2011 election and more so for 2015 election.

i already gave out the marching orders for my whole family father, mother, wife, brothers, sister etc to all vote against the PAP.

However, I am willing to go back to PAP is someone can explain to me just 1 simple issue.

I read all the papers, listen to all the talks but I cannot find the simple answer to ONE issue i am unhappy with- Foreign Talent.

The government knows a lot of people are unhappy with the Foreign Talent issue here but I dont understand why they say they have reduced them by sending the "Blue Collar" workers home and that resulted in our factories suffering.

I think most of us Singaporeans are unhappy with the "White Collar" foreign talent.

THe blue collar workers are not competing with us in jobs, let them come!

There was this advertisement on TV where this guy's air con broke down and when he called the air con service company they say short of staff. why should we stop these workers from coming!

and contrast this with another TV advert
          this little boy was talking to a little girl on what they want to be when they grow up.

the girl said she want to be a lawyer and the boy said I want to be a banker.

The little girl said something like "my dad said most of the top paying banking jobs have gone to foreigners"

and the little boy replied "it is ok as long as we do our job well" !!!!

so the advert is telling us to live with it!?

There are so many companies whose top bosses, board of directors, management staff are all FTs now and they bring in their whole kampong to fill up the middle management roles too.

The new rules that you must advertise the job position for few months before you employ FT dont work because they just go through motion and say cannot find suitable singapore candidates after 3 months then they can bring more FT in.

All these FT come to singapore, they see so nice they dont leave.

I know so many singaporeans who are sidelines by the FTs and young singaporeans can't find jobs and are working as contract staff or temps (so on paper unemployment is low) cos still working.

Companies can get MBAs staff from India for $2,500. how are your children going to compete next time?

Can someone tell me if there is something I dont know that I should welcome more FTs?

PLEASE CAN someone explain to me why I should accept the policy on FT, I am listening.
          I want to understand and accept if the reasons are reasonable.

True FT talent ok i can accept. but come on , so many jobs done by FTs is not rocket science, any local fresh grads can do too.

Comment

West side - pap stronghold

No point voting opposition

Comment

Originally posted by kart87 View Post
              West side - pap stronghold

No point voting opposition
              Well I still vote opposition no matter how (lousy) they r. At least they won't lose their deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by Vintage0345 View Post
                Lots of people are complaining PAP..
                In real fact, I think they are doing a very good job..

-low crime rate attract investors and tourist to Singapore therefore will generate jobs for both locals and forgieners.
                -cheap transportation
                -clean and safe city
                -cheap food

For those who frequently travel oversea will understand.
                Second this!
                My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
                Rolex Submariner 16610
                Rolex Submariner 116610
                Rolex Date 1550
                IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
                IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
                Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
                Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
                Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
                Seiko Sumo SBDC001
                Seiko Sumo SBDC003
                Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
                Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Comment

having an opposition voice does help keep the ruling party in check.. since 2011 there has been more concern for the general public (Singaporeans) compared to before. another GRC would help

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Luke View Post
                    Just wondering what members choice is, each member one vote only
                    pap no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by b1ackop5 View Post
                      Same here bro.

I used to vote PAP but went against them in the 2011 election and more so for 2015 election.

i already gave out the marching orders for my whole family father, mother, wife, brothers, sister etc to all vote against the PAP.

However, I am willing to go back to PAP is someone can explain to me just 1 simple issue.

I read all the papers, listen to all the talks but I cannot find the simple answer to ONE issue i am unhappy with- Foreign Talent.

The government knows a lot of people are unhappy with the Foreign Talent issue here but I dont understand why they say they have reduced them by sending the "Blue Collar" workers home and that resulted in our factories suffering.

I think most of us Singaporeans are unhappy with the "White Collar" foreign talent.

THe blue collar workers are not competing with us in jobs, let them come!

There was this advertisement on TV where this guy's air con broke down and when he called the air con service company they say short of staff. why should we stop these workers from coming!

and contrast this with another TV advert
                      this little boy was talking to a little girl on what they want to be when they grow up.

the girl said she want to be a lawyer and the boy said I want to be a banker.

The little girl said something like "my dad said most of the top paying banking jobs have gone to foreigners"

and the little boy replied "it is ok as long as we do our job well" !!!!

so the advert is telling us to live with it!?

There are so many companies whose top bosses, board of directors, management staff are all FTs now and they bring in their whole kampong to fill up the middle management roles too.

The new rules that you must advertise the job position for few months before you employ FT dont work because they just go through motion and say cannot find suitable singapore candidates after 3 months then they can bring more FT in.

All these FT come to singapore, they see so nice they dont leave.

I know so many singaporeans who are sidelines by the FTs and young singaporeans can't find jobs and are working as contract staff or temps (so on paper unemployment is low) cos still working.

Companies can get MBAs staff from India for $2,500. how are your children going to compete next time?

Can someone tell me if there is something I dont know that I should welcome more FTs?

PLEASE CAN someone explain to me why I should accept the policy on FT, I am listening.
                      I want to understand and accept if the reasons are reasonable.

True FT talent ok i can accept. but come on , so many jobs done by FTs is not rocket science, any local fresh grads can do too.
                      well said!

currently in sg, blue collar worker salary is freaking low.
                      who in his/her right mind would want themselves or their kids to work as blue collar?

Comment

Originally posted by r1_77 View Post
                        well said!

currently in sg, blue collar worker salary is freaking low.
                        who in his/her right mind would want themselves or their kids to work as blue collar?
                        Those who vote for PAP r USUSLLY those that already make it in life. Or those that work for them. (NTUC, MINDEF, government officer etc etc)plus those companies that r linked to government (sub contractors, etc etc) Got benefits what lol. Who will want to change that? Lol (Government paying them what) maybe some thought without PAP they will be out of job lol. There r rumors that they have no choice but to vote for PAP? Wonder if that is true? Plus those( scared to die) wait they know who I vote, will I get into trouble? Lol. Only middle class or lower income citizens will vote opposition. PAP used to be good, the good work done by the older generation of PAP leaders, but not with the current members, I think cannot make it Liao. (previous ppl sow the fruits, they enjoy the benefits) The era has ended. There r talks that (Sg is peaceful and safe etc etc. Sg is small, honestly speaking, it also easlier to manage and control, even want to suppress or catch ppl also more easy. Pls don't compare to other countries that even a small town r dozen of times bigger then Sg lol) They still think they are doing a very good job, hence the snobbish attitude. (There is a saying. Never see a big snake pee) Sg is still a good place to live in, but with them holding power years after years, dono how long it will last? But saying all these, there are still many MPs that I feel r quite ok. But with the party whip, don't think they can offer much. Saying all these, it better to vote wisely, oppose not for the sake of opposing, just hope more oppositions r voted in so more alternatives, solutions or ideas, balance and check (PAP MP also human, I don't think they r always right) rather than policies that r steamrolled to us.

Comment

there are no simple answers.
                          Most people want the PAP to be the government ,they have done a good job,
                          but also want a second voice in Parliament.
                          Its important to think wisely and not be impulsive when you vote.

Comment

Originally posted by arthurl View Post
                            there are no simple answers.
                            Most people want the PAP to be the government ,they have done a good job,
                            but also want a second voice in Parliament.
                            Its important to think wisely and not be impulsive when you vote.
                            The ex PAP has done a good job, not the correct 1 I think 😓

Comment

I think having FT will will not affect so much to the minister as they are not the one suffering now... One day if FT start to infest in to the parliament, they might feel the threat or anger.

Comment

I vote for PAP

(I thought vote is secret)
                                TAG Heuer Formula 1 Grande Date 42 WAU1110.FT6024
                                Omega Speedmaster Professional 42 MM 3573.50
                                Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Ultra Thin 2788520
                                Casio A168WA-1YES
                                Hublot Chelsea Classic Fusion 521.NX.7119.LR.CFC16
                                NOMOS Glashütte Tangente 139
                                Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167A-001

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X