an interesting conversation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an interesting conversation.

recently someone message me to inform me that a picture of rolex posted in fb is fake watch.

below is private conversation between informant and me

me : how you know is fake.
    informant: the pearl is too white.
    me : noted.

informant : the bezel is also fake.
    me : how you know bezel is fake.
    informant : the font is not right.

informant : i have studied rolex for many years.
    me : ok.

the member who posted the alleged fake rolex then responded in his post with a RSC centre service receipt indicating that the bezel and pearl has been changed. member also masked out part of the watch serial on the watch case and receipt to indicate that it is the watch is indeed sent in. informant then ask for a video of both receipt and case together for reasons i am not sure.

then in another instance, this informant again private message me and say that another posted pic is a fake watch. again informant pointed out the pearl and bezel and dial is fake. i asked how you tell. this watch has a T<25 dial which means that this dial is more than 15 years old. i agree that the pearl looks really white. so it is possibly not the original pearl.

partial conversation

informant : watch is fake.
    me: how you know
    informant : i dont know how to tell you. but it is fake.
    informant : u go see many youtube then you know.
    me : ok.

me : the watch in concern has a T<25 dial so likely it is more than 15 years old, the pearl could have cracked and was replaced.
    informant : if replaced should use after market pearl made in swiss and not china.
    me : a after market pearl not from rolex is not original rolex, does not matter swiss or china made.
    me : if i have a customized 6694 dial fitted on my 6694 does it mean my watch is fake?
    informant : oh that is different.

partial private message between informant and the member who posted the rolex watch (which informant claim is fake)

informant : did you ask the shop about the bezel and pearl and dial.
    member : no.
    member : why my lume does not glow.
    member : how you know the watch looks funny.
    informant : because i m professional.

informant is not a trained rolex technician.
    informant only looked at youtube videos that compare real and fake rolex.

i do not know how informant can claim to be professional. one look at a watch without using eye loupe and opening case back, this informant can tell that a watch is fake. i am very amazed. even the rolex customer service dare not even comment if rolex is fake upon seeing one at the counter, they will tell you that they will ask the rolex watch technician to check. the rolex watch technician also have to open case back to confirm.

informant accepts a custom made - after market dial in a rolex watch but does not accept a pearl and/or bezel to be after market. to say that a watch is fake just because of a pearl?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

informant also showed me a picture comparing the real and fake bezel of a sea dweller. but never show me the the alleged fake bezel against an original bezel.

me : you show me comparison of SD but not the sub date
    informant : you see the picture, the fakes are similar.

is informant telling me that the same type of bezel is used on sub date and sea dweller?

are they different variations of bezel used on a sub date?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
    2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

how many of you can one look at a picture of a rolex watch and confirm (without a doubt) it is fake?
      if yes, what are the signs you look for.

will you accept that say a 15 year old watch with after market pearl? or will you say if there is a use of after market pearl, the watch is fake.

kindly email with
      2. your nick

Comment

I'm happy to share small part of my story. My colleague do same job as me, drive public accordingly with service. His own fake pepsi that he wear everyday, my colleagues and even few regular passengers known is fake. I wear my pepsi to work, few jokers says fake, according to super expert, talk a lot, blah blah blah statement, you think he can wear 40k 50k ROLEX. I also happy, now my ah neh BOSS can sleep well at night.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X