X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 April - 2.8% Hike in transport fees

read article here

I have read the article at least twice. the only reason was given as below

"How the 2.8 per cent figure was calculated: By aggregating the 3.4 per cent fare adjustment quantum carried over from the 2013 Fare Review Exercise with the -0.6 per cent figure from 2014, the PTC said."

in the article, it says 1.1 million commuters will have not have any fare change. but it did not say how many commuters' fares will change. what is the number of commuters who will be affected?

interestingly, couple of days ago - it is reported that there could be a lower transport price due to falling energy prices. article can be found here

in that article, in that it stated that in 2014 there was a 3.2% increase. in 2015 there is an increment of another 2.8. this would mean that within 2 years there is an increment of 6%. so if one spends ~$200/month in bus/trains, it will mean an increment of $12/month. therefore if an employee did not get a pay increment of more than $12/month, what is the opportunity cost?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

I can only shake head

Comment

Start to ride bicycle lol.

Comment

I think that it will force people to change their travel patterns to save on bus/mrt fees for those at the really lower end or those looking to save a dime or two. At the same time, like clocking suggest, some may see the opportunity cost to change to riding bicycle if their company or office building can support the infastucture.

It may also force some people to save or cut back on eating/shopping expenses to pay that $12 a month assuming that their salary remains the same.

Saying so, in light of the not so positive news coming from the whole world that smell of a slow down coming soon. Companies may be giving lesser or none to their employees.

Therefore with lesser spending means the deflation will continue?

Well for me, i may just go without the lim chee guan bak kwa for this chinese new year.

Comment

Fare hike is no news in Singapore.

Fare drop is.
          All opinions expressed are of a personal level

Comment

Always excuses and excuses... but all are BS to me.

Comment

they are raising the fares now so that come 2016 when they reduce, the profits still same same

Comment

No matter they do what, 2016 they win also lor

Comment

No matter how, still have to take the public transport.
                  Two words = bo bian.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X