No announcement yet.

Car Enthusiast thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which is worse, because if asians sit in it and complain imagine the angmoh, who are bigger/fatter/etc
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by D[e]smond View Post
      yo. anyone here tried the lexus IS250?
      would like to hear some comments
      thanks
      Looks good on the outside....but doesn't seem spacious on the inside. I was also looking at that...hhehe I sat on the GS300 a few times...I think 1 problem is the boot...it's not userfriendly...the opening so small...want to put big things also hard..have to tilt then put in. Comfort wise it's gd...leg room and stuff are ok

Oh yeah...any more recommendations for a nice spacious car? that's less than 2L? or 2L at the most?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Hmm... Looks like all the current talk is about luxury cars like Lexus, Mercs and exotics... How about changing topic to some hardcore Jap racers like the Mitsubishi Evo X for a change?? For one, I am seriously toying with the idea of getting one next year!

Any bros/sistas have experience with the Evo?
        Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

• Originally posted by chongj88 View Post
          Hmm... Looks like all the current talk is about luxury cars like Lexus, Mercs and exotics... How about changing topic to some hardcore Jap racers like the Mitsubishi Evo X for a change?? For one, I am seriously toying with the idea of getting one next year!

Where got exotics..we cannot even afford exotics la...hahaha

I heard the EvoX not as powerful as the Evo 9 leh...I dun like ah beng cars ...

hehehehe oh yeah I think problemchylde (Peter) has 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            Looks good on the outside....but doesn't seem spacious on the inside. I was also looking at that...hhehe I sat on the GS300 a few times...I think 1 problem is the boot...it's not userfriendly...the opening so small...want to put big things also hard..have to tilt then put in. Comfort wise it's gd...leg room and stuff are ok

Oh yeah...any more recommendations for a nice spacious car? that's less than 2L? or 2L at the most?
            the problem with these "sports sedan" all have short rear overhangs, this include the GS300,430,430H.

if you want long wheelbase, you should be looking at the LD460 that my friend is a dream car. too bad i never drive before.

Originally posted by chongj88 View Post
            Hmm... Looks like all the current talk is about luxury cars like Lexus, Mercs and exotics... How about changing topic to some hardcore Jap racers like the Mitsubishi Evo X for a change?? For one, I am seriously toying with the idea of getting one next year!

my friend friend use to own evo, but never sit/drive so dunno. but hear that the evo lose to wrx. so according to her, WRX more worth it
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• i feel that the driver plays a part in how the car perform. last time play S13, driver/owner of car cannot get a good time for quarter mile. then switch driver. got fastest time.

also need to compare what is done. the horsepower should be similar. then the same driver whack both cars over a specific distance. then the test will be more accurate. need to assume that the driver is familiar to both cars to get the maximim out of the car.

Evo is more expensive but all the works already done. WRX is cheaper but need to modify some more.

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
              my friend friend use to own evo, but never sit/drive so dunno. but hear that the evo lose to wrx. so according to her, WRX more worth it
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• hahaha...nice cars lar...both evo and wrx..but hor me old liao lar..cannot take too much excitement...hehehe..later too powerful engine then concuss from the excitement how???hahahaha...
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

for space... hard to beat camry, cefire or the new accord. Boot can put 4 golf bags easy...
                  The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                    i feel that the driver plays a part in how the car perform.
                    It's not how much power a car has
                    It's how the power is used...
                    The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                      i feel that the driver plays a part in how the car perform. last time play S13, driver/owner of car cannot get a good time for quarter mile. then switch driver. got fastest time.

also need to compare what is done. the horsepower should be similar. then the same driver whack both cars over a specific distance. then the test will be more accurate. need to assume that the driver is familiar to both cars to get the maximim out of the car.

Evo is more expensive but all the works already done. WRX is cheaper but need to modify some more.
                      ya many factor that make the car behave differently. best that those who want to buy go and test themselves and make sure they like.

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                      for space... hard to beat camry, cefire or the new accord. Boot can put 4 golf bags easy...
                      cefiro resale value not so good, camry is workhorse, very reliable, simple car somemore. accord is nice and refined, but you pay for that 'luxury'
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Where got exotics..we cannot even afford exotics la...hahaha

I heard the EvoX not as powerful as the Evo 9 leh...I dun like ah beng cars ...

hehehehe oh yeah I think problemchylde (Peter) has 1
                        I am an old ah beng at heart! hahaha... I know it is a waste of the car's power in our roads here... But somehow the idea of having all the potential is enticing... muahahaha....
                        Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

• Originally posted by chongj88 View Post
                          I am an old ah beng at heart! hahaha... I know it is a waste of the car's power in our roads here... But somehow the idea of having all the potential is enticing... muahahaha....
                          Hahaha...then once u go NS highway...chiong ah!

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                          It's not bad...but quite alot of ppl hav those cars seh..was thinking of something more classy...hehehe

I think the C180 still a pretty gd choice...

Comment

It's not bad...but quite alot of ppl hav those cars seh..was thinking of something more classy...hehehe

4cyl merc no good leh

Comment

go NS hwy sure chiong one , unless you are driving chery QQ

i told my dad about this car and he says, very good sit in the car and your balls will QQ like kachang (shrink ) if drive on NS hwy

honestly, a 2000cc 4cyl merc not that good, better to look at preowned E class or S class.

Originally posted by pet View Post
                              4cyl merc no good leh
                              nor is a 2000cc 6cyl car
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                                go NS hwy sure chiong one , unless you are driving chery QQ

i told my dad about this car and he says, very good sit in the car and your balls will QQ like kachang (shrink ) if drive on NS hwy

honestly, a 2000cc 4cyl merc not that good, better to look at preowned E class or S class.

nor is a 2000cc 6cyl car
                                merc 180, 200 w or w/o kompressor all lauya... older E model got the E240, which i think it's abt 2.6L 6 cyl... min hv tht..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X