Car Enthusiast thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pet.. Best still 4 u to go check those out personally... Price estimates :
    Sienta abt 60kish, wish n stream Base models from a gd pi shld be 70k +, isis 74k+, these 4 models have gd boot space but wun meet yr requirement of an odourless car when u leave yr fishing net behind..
    u can go to yuniku to see sienta and any other pi to look see the other 3... But think 3x b4 buying from a pi... Make sure they hv their own wkshop. If they sub out to comfort delgro or any others, its a PI worth giving a miss...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• to solve the problem of carpeted floors, you can always put a rubber mat, i have seen it sold before that acts like a plate, slightly curved up, and it will stop the seawater from getting into the carpets.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post
        My wife's estima aeras engine = base model, if not wrong abt 170hp... performance already not bad...
        That's not too bad... but power/weight ratio is not great. Then again... it's a MPV...

The Estimas I am talking about are from at least 3 years back where they are super-charged.

But I must agree... Undoubted biggest Jepun MPV easily matching the Grand Voyager for space.
        The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

• Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
          Just saw this:
          http://www.autopacific.com/index/new...vehicle-awards

Toyota 4Runner, Kia Sorento, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Ford Escape, Subaru Forester, Toyota Sienna all got awards.

Plenty of choice in the SUV category.
          Two important observations:

1) No Beemers in any category!
          2) Volvo S40 is a winner!!
          The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

• Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
            Bro.. for me, the Civic 2l is nice to have but the price they are tagging it is way too high.. moreover parts for Honday is not cheap... (I am a parts guy... ) Another factor that steered me away was the interior built is pretty poor. U know the silver casing at the base of the "auto gear shift", my friend's civic faded in less than 6mth.. WTF.. he go back and KPKB. It was replaced eventually but I mean its Jap made... shouldn't be that bad. If considering a Civic, 2l would be a better choice though....

My old trusty Altis was lousy in quality but understandable as its Thai made.. alot of "budget nip tucks". After 1yr, alot of interior detoriated... I can only pray that my Wish dun give me this kind of "cheapo" problems... will only know months to come.

Actually commenting on yr friends who drove stream, so far your friends are the honest few.. at least unlike my car forum friends who bought Stream and praising it all high and mighty.. I mean I know that NO 1 car i perfect but these blokes seem to claim it to be... WIsh too have its own set of -ve pts but it all voice down to the lesser of two evils of the owner and driver..
            One of the reasons I think of Picnic is because toyota parts are cheaper than others (is this perception correct?). But I hear from my mechanic that the Picnic driveshaft is problematic and a lot of owners need to change it after a period of time.

As for Stream, I test drove it. Errr... nothing much to say about it expect than the steering feel is a little too light for my liking.

Funny enough... I've never sat in a Wish before. So cannot really say much about it...

You parts guy... eeerrrr...
            1) you do conti car (volvo in particular) parts? Hehe... volvo parts bloody expensive... always good to know another lobang.

2) Of the 3 choices (Picnic, Wish and Stream) which ones have the most after-market parts? I am almost certain to change to larger rims and springs first (shocks later) just to improve ride.
            The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

• volvo parts indeed expensive, somemore the tank of petrol always missing, last time they siphoned about 30L from the tank (based on my milage calculations).

lobang please pass along
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• well...conti cars are expensive to maintain in general..haha...so i prefer japanese makes...easy to get spare parts too...no need to wait so long for the spare parts to arrive...
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• many donkey years ago used to have lobang for VW parts, now no more. indeed conti cars are pricey to buy and maintain. jap cars also in my books, much cheaper in the long run.
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• nw aiming for for lancer ex...
                    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                      That's not too bad... but power/weight ratio is not great. Then again... it's a MPV...

The Estimas I am talking about are from at least 3 years back where they are super-charged.

But I must agree... Undoubted biggest Jepun MPV easily matching the Grand Voyager for space.
                      estima space wise really no complain. b4 buying compare to voyager. american quality not as good as jp. estima also come with v6 3.5L I think. bit another at least 15 to 20k more. also got hybrid model.

this estimate very practical. ours come wirh power doors. I really like it. kids wise also very good.

as for my wife.... u know lah.. knock here stratch there so many times. to them just too big loh... also to them perhaps not handsome and sexy enough . . . h ha hahaha ...

Comment

estima space wise really no complain. b4 buying compare to voyager. american quality not as good as jp. estima also come with v6 3.5L I think. bit another at least 15 to 20k more. also got hybrid model.

this estimate very practical. ours come wirh power doors. I really like it. kids wise also very good.

as for my wife.... u know lah.. knock here stratch there so many times. to them just too big loh... also to them perhaps not handsome and sexy enough . . . h ha hahaha ...
                        i ever sit inside voyager before, not my fav. i can only comment from passenger POV, seats are hard, door is clumsy, but the seating track is cool adjustable seating for middle row.

would rather buy jap estima if possible, more features and much more comfort
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                          i ever sit inside voyager before, not my fav. i can only comment from passenger POV, seats are hard, door is clumsy, but the seating track is cool adjustable seating for middle row.

Another very comfortable & luxurious MPV would be the Toyota Alphard. Sat in one before, wah, very nice. But not many around on the roads that I can see.

Comment

• i think more common in MY iirc
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post

voyager rear seat terrible, tilt at a funny angle...

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
                              Another very comfortable & luxurious MPV would be the Toyota Alphard. Sat in one before, wah, very nice. But not many around on the roads that I can see.
                              i also consider this 1 b4 buying estima, more boxy.. uglier thn estima, my wife not agree to it... also too high, some carpark kanna ht limit.

Comment

voyager rear seat terrible, tilt at a funny angle...

i also consider this 1 b4 buying estima, more boxy.. uglier thn estima, my wife not agree to it... also too high, some carpark kanna ht limit.
                                never go back that far so not sure about the seating angle, but in jp i saw one fella modify the estima into a mobile office with mobile BB, 110v inverter, etc. looks very cool!!
                                Blue 6694
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X