No announcement yet.

Car Enthusiast thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hehehe..i seldom go to KL liao...so if realli have to go i will go in my company car..which is better...if lost or kana stolen i am not so worried.hehehe...juz have to make police report and info the BOSS...
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• if insurance cover OK,if not cover, you sure get pump oil
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Bro.. for me, the Civic 2l is nice to have but the price they are tagging it is way too high.. moreover parts for Honday is not cheap... (I am a parts guy... ) Another factor that steered me away was the interior built is pretty poor. U know the silver casing at the base of the "auto gear shift", my friend's civic faded in less than 6mth.. WTF.. he go back and KPKB. It was replaced eventually but I mean its Jap made... shouldn't be that bad. If considering a Civic, 2l would be a better choice though....

My old trusty Altis was lousy in quality but understandable as its Thai made.. alot of "budget nip tucks". After 1yr, alot of interior detoriated... I can only pray that my Wish dun give me this kind of "cheapo" problems... will only know months to come.

Actually commenting on yr friends who drove stream, so far your friends are the honest few.. at least unlike my car forum friends who bought Stream and praising it all high and mighty.. I mean I know that NO 1 car i perfect but these blokes seem to claim it to be... WIsh too have its own set of -ve pts but it all voice down to the lesser of two evils of the owner and driver..
        Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
        I can understand from the price perspective. Look... if the diff is only 6k. Trust me... that 6k will be well spent. If your right foot is a little heavy, the FC between a 1.5l and 2l is going to be negligible. That's because you'll be stepping hard on the 1.5l than the 2l.

of course road tax and insurance is another factor. But if you divide that out by 12 months... it's also not too much. Go for the 2.0l lah... you'll have more fun driving...

Or why not think about the 1.8l or 2l civic? IMHO again... that's the Jepun car to get below 2,000cc. Good engine, good handling, nice styling...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
        - GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
          Bro.. for me, the Civic 2l is nice to have but the price they are tagging it is way too high.. moreover parts for Honday is not cheap... (I am a parts guy... ) Another factor that steered me away was the interior built is pretty poor. U know the silver casing at the base of the "auto gear shift", my friend's civic faded in less than 6mth.. WTF.. he go back and KPKB. It was replaced eventually but I mean its Jap made... shouldn't be that bad. If considering a Civic, 2l would be a better choice though....

My old trusty Altis was lousy in quality but understandable as its Thai made.. alot of "budget nip tucks". After 1yr, alot of interior detoriated... I can only pray that my Wish dun give me this kind of "cheapo" problems... will only know months to come.

Actually commenting on yr friends who drove stream, so far your friends are the honest few.. at least unlike my car forum friends who bought Stream and praising it all high and mighty.. I mean I know that NO 1 car i perfect but these blokes seem to claim it to be... WIsh too have its own set of -ve pts but it all voice down to the lesser of two evils of the owner and driver..
          i dunno much abt cars...but odyssey is nice for me....big, nice and can run...drink water like thirsty elephant too i think...hahaa
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

• Folks another bad news, Diesel now up to $2.06 for those who uses..
            "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

• Originally posted by Nooch View Post
              Folks another bad news, Diesel now up to $2.06 for those who uses..
              Diesel up to $2...mean 95/98 would go even higher

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• I was with my dad last night at the petrol kiosk....next to us was a Chery QQ,that person pumped 31L for $71 like that....we pumped 31L(3/4 tank empty) for $71 also.

But I mean if u were to compare...a 1.6L car and a 0.8L Chery QQ...not that efficient as it seems?

Comment

• i have yet to touch the QQ, it looks like a piece of PRC junk luckily no PRC cars in Oz *yet*, but went to farm yesterday, and saw PRC tractor, the owner even mention best piece of machinery he has owned and cheap too.
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• darkie... Not necessary true... Litres is the size of the car fuel tank.. Not representative of hw fuel efficient the car is.... For all yr u knw, his chery clocked >550+km with his 31litres?? Thats damn efficient.... I dun noe, anybody driving a chery. So dun knw fc of it?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                    - GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

darkie... Not necessary true... Litres is the size of the car fuel tank.. Not representative of hw fuel efficient the car is.... For all yr u knw, his chery clocked >550+km with his 31litres?? Thats damn efficient.... I dun noe, anybody driving a chery. So dun knw fc of it?
                      Hmm that's true...

Comment

BRo.. honestly if I were in your position, I won't get a Vitara.. Estima fulfills most requirements... a 2nd car serves as a convenience and for leisure purpose.. in yr case its fishing.. so I will look at a fuel economical car with space.

Looking at that, Wish to me meets that if I am looking for a comfort and spacious drive. Even Toyota Fielder.

If you want an even bigger car, ISIS.. its a beauty in terms of functionality..
                        http://www.toyota.co.jp/jp/tech/new_...ion/index.html
                        Go see the video of the functionality.. if it doesn't impress you, nothing will hahah..
                        jst now i wnt champion, took list price, vitara price quite cheap leh, only 68.5k nia... dunno worth or not...

actually i wnt something more van like... eg fiat panaroma, cos if remove seat, like cargo van leow... thn hor the flooring, i hope not carpeted, not very sure... go dirty i can wash down... hahhaa fishing stuff dirty lah... ever leave ( forget ) keep net or even fish over night .... u can forget about driving it for the next 1 to 2 days... hahahha... si bei chao !!

those u mention how much... ?

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                        Wah lau... let's just say the last time I came back from KL (Times Square) to SG (Bukit Timah) took me less than 3 hours. You do the math lah...

Firstly, that Estima (being a 2ton MPV) has no right to be travelling at the speed.
                        Secondly, it has no right to have that kind of torque at such high revs.
                        I could just barely keep up with it... Not to say overtake...

My wife's estima aeras engine = base model, if not wrong abt 170hp... performance already not bad...

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        I was with my dad last night at the petrol kiosk....next to us was a Chery QQ,that person pumped 31L for $71 like that....we pumped 31L(3/4 tank empty) for $71 also.

But I mean if u were to compare...a 1.6L car and a 0.8L Chery QQ...not that efficient as it seems?
                        my dad car, pump 1 time, over 200 leow

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post
                          my dad car, pump 1 time, over 200 leow
                          Hahaha it's like that 1 la

Comment

• i just pump my car 55ltr = A$86
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                              i just pump my car 55ltr = A$86
                              slightly cheaper thn spore

Comment

• Just saw this:
                                http://www.autopacific.com/index/new...vehicle-awards

Toyota 4Runner, Kia Sorento, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Ford Escape, Subaru Forester, Toyota Sienna all got awards.

Plenty of choice in the SUV category.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X