Car Enthusiast thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    For family and kids.. high better.. cos you should not be speeding and if someone wack you, yr car is still higher and thus safer for the passengers...

PET, then go get RUSH loh.. if you want something simple to use for fishing and like SUV... Basic and decent if you ask me
    my dad hosp, so never really think of buying car, but hor, i look at my lic plate, gonna expire beginning aug... cham...

was thinking of the following:
    hatch: honday fit/ jazz, toyota yaris ( still avail ) ?

Mpv: honda stream, fiat panaroma, ... thn blank, cant think of any others

Suv: hmm... rush i find it small leh... i mean smal for a suv... ... was thinking maybe vitara. my wife use to drv suv, i also drv it, one think for sure. spacious compare to saloon car... boot also good... nowadays i cannot tarhan saloon car, cos fishing rod & ice boax hard to put in

Comment

• Sam, i 2nd on e logo on e hood more classy, i reckon the word is Avant-garde hehe..indeed very classy.

Pet, u can consider a vitara as it is more fuel economical. Also back quite big so u can put ur fishing barang barang.
      "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post
        my dad hosp, so never really think of buying car, but hor, i look at my lic plate, gonna expire beginning aug... cham...

Suv: hmm... rush i find it small leh... i mean smal for a suv... ... was thinking maybe vitara. my wife use to drv suv, i also drv it, one think for sure. spacious compare to saloon car... boot also good... nowadays i cannot tarhan saloon car, cos fishing rod & ice boax hard to put in
        yeah ur car that time so hard to put in the ice box.

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
        Pardon me if it is offending anybody hor... I personally feel C180 is a waste of time... FOR MB, I will consider E class at minimum

I beg to differ on the part of their logo. I think it being embedded on the hood is more classy..
        Well...E class not for ppl my age la...for my dad's age 1

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• my advise to you would be to go and try out the car, ask for a demo over the weekend (pay $100 non refundable) that way you can get a good idea whether your "new" car is suitable.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Nooch View Post
            Sam, i 2nd on e logo on e hood more classy, i reckon the word is Avant-garde hehe..indeed very classy.

Pet, u can consider a vitara as it is more fuel economical. Also back quite big so u can put ur fishing barang barang.
            i think maybe vitara lah hor... my fishing barang should go in... hehee.. usually i have abt 4 boxes + ice box and also a carton or 2 of drinks... quite abit of stuff..

right now, if there's a few of us say drive to malaysia for fishing, i got to use my wife car... got to slowly remove all the child car seats

Comment

love the estima too..... I hear its pretty powerful... Drove one in perth in 1999... Its called terago there... Damn shiok man....
              May tgt an estima later but for nw, the wish suffice....
              I do knw if FC is a big issue, then u r better off with a wish or a stream.
              Anybody drives the new version of mazda 5?? Test driven it... Not bad but unsure of fc... Think its abt 9km/l on the earlier variant.... New one duno...
              Another nice mpv is the citrone grand picasso c4... Beauty!!
              Estima... I didn't only hear about it... I've experienced when an one of those smoked me on North South Highway! Shan't disclose at what speeds... but let's just say its insane coming from a big MPV. That was one of the older Estima is 3L with a supercharger. Fine. Can tell instantly its been modded. But still... So I've come to respect the older Estimas...

As for the Grand Picasso C4... I agree it's a real beauty. But believe it or not, the gear shift is on top-right behind the steering wheel. French quirkiness at its best! But the panoramic roof is brilliant, no doubt will jack up the insurance. But it's out of the shortlist... not sure if I (or my wife) can take the french quirkiness...
              The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                too all the newbies, want to drive fast, please get some experience and learn to control. very easy to go fast, but very hard to control at such speed.
                fully agreed... not just newbies... but everyone.

driving fast doesn't kill... stopping suddenly does. It's controlled aggression that makes a good driver (regardless fast or slow speed).

There are 'defence' and 'advance' driving courses and I think it's good to take them and learn some good driving tactics/habits. Like never place any movable object on the dashboard, cause they can cause serious injuries during an accident as it can become a 'missile'. Simple things like that...

As for speed, that's always the track...
                The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

• true..for me i dun speed..esp in singapore...becoz hor...license ex to get leh..hahaha....i prefer to keep at the speed limit...lolz...
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• yes, usually i dont drive in-line with the car in front of me, i drive slightly towards the left or right depending on condition, at least*hopefully* the driver in front of me can see me through the side mirrors. also it helps to see at least what is happening to 2 cars ahead of me.

the other thing i do if i want to overtake, i accelerate first before overtake.

my dashboard is clear of objects, one is because of airbag. secondly, the reflection of objects of the windscreen is irritating to me. i also dun hang 'christmas' items on the rear view mirror. there is also no objects on the rear dashboard.

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                    There are 'defence' and 'advance' driving courses and I think it's good to take them and learn some good driving tactics/habits. Like never place any movable object on the dashboard, cause they can cause serious injuries during an accident as it can become a 'missile'. Simple things like that...

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• sometimes i get impatient with drivers who keeps a distance of at least 4 car lengths in front of him/her. i wonder if they are driving a plane needing that runaway to take off.

the other type of drivers is those who refuse to filter inwards when they know u in a rush. just dont understand, if someone wants to pass by, let them. this is because the other driver might have something urgent to attend, u never know.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• ah pet... If expire in aug, u better make yr this wk... Cos u need to wait for coe some more... Suzuki cars are alrite.. I only hate borneo motor svc standard. Vitara nice to drive if u r a suv person!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                        - GMT II
                        - GMT IIc TT
                        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                        - U1
                        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

ah pet... If expire in aug, u better make yr this wk... Cos u need to wait for coe some more... Suzuki cars are alrite.. I only hate borneo motor svc standard. Vitara nice to drive if u r a suv person!
                          Well suzuki is ok as long as u are not pan tang...

Originally posted by triton View Post
                          my dashboard is clear of objects, one is because of airbag. secondly, the reflection of objects of the windscreen is irritating to me. i also dun hang 'christmas' items on the rear view mirror. there is also no objects on the rear dashboard.
                          jialat...i got 6 monkeys siting on my air bag....

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                            i find volvo very hard to sell. not a lot of buyer, also their quality abit lousy. i have been driving s80 2.5t and not a very fun car to drive. but damn powerful

from my experience, i prefer A6 over the S80. the A6 is more involving and subtle. whereas the S80 is a heavy car and less fun since you have to throw around more weight
                            Me driving S80 2.5T MY07 too. Yours is the current model as well?
                            I also like A6, but pricewise in SG, makes no sense to buy an Audi.

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post

Honda Stream a bit small and underpowered leh, got a couple of friends got it, and regretted.

Want big boot, can also for wagons wat, got handling of a saloon (almost), and lots and lots of boot space. I wouldn't mind someone giving a V70T6, can smoke a lot of cars out there. My boss also got a Saab 95 Combi. Very nice too.

Comment

• Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                                Estima... I didn't only hear about it... I've experienced when an one of those smoked me on North South Highway! Shan't disclose at what speeds... but let's just say its insane coming from a big MPV. That was one of the older Estima is 3L with a supercharger. Fine. Can tell instantly its been modded. But still... So I've come to respect the older Estimas...

As for the Grand Picasso C4... I agree it's a real beauty. But believe it or not, the gear shift is on top-right behind the steering wheel. French quirkiness at its best! But the panoramic roof is brilliant, no doubt will jack up the insurance. But it's out of the shortlist... not sure if I (or my wife) can take the french quirkiness...
                                it seems that i also underestimate the estima come on disclose the speeds, i also curious now.

citroen cars in general are very refined, stylish, quite a fun car to drive also, however it is not for everyones tastes

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                                fully agreed... not just newbies... but everyone.

driving fast doesn't kill... stopping suddenly does. It's controlled aggression that makes a good driver (regardless fast or slow speed).

very good points you have there totally agree!

also the seatbelt covers, steering wheel covers those also comprimise the handling should an emergency arise.
                                yes, usually i dont drive in-line with the car in front of me, i drive slightly towards the left or right depending on condition, at least*hopefully* the driver in front of me can see me through the side mirrors. also it helps to see at least what is happening to 2 cars ahead of me.

the other thing i do if i want to overtake, i accelerate first before overtake.

also try not to follow large cars that you cannot see thru, and when overtaking, it is best that you keep a long distance and accelerate to maintain momentum.

my method of overtaking is to let back a little (8 car lengths), this allow me to move back in should i need to, than once all clear, i will accelerate non stop this will ensure that i have kept the momentum.

as for dashboards with full of silly and quite unnecessary items, they are irritating as hell to drive with, not to mention they get right into your face should the airbag deploy.

sometimes i get impatient with drivers who keeps a distance of at least 4 car lengths in front of him/her. i wonder if they are driving a plane needing that runaway to take off.

the other type of drivers is those who refuse to filter inwards when they know u in a rush. just dont understand, if someone wants to pass by, let them. this is because the other driver might have something urgent to attend, u never know.
                                letting someone pass by is not just a courtesy thing, it is also a safety thing, esp when driving on the dual carrageway with no divider, if an opposite car panics they may clip the car who inturn may clip you, now even if not injured, you have just incurred a cost to fix the vehicle regardless.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                                (...)
                                jialat...i got 6 monkeys siting on my air bag....
                                better to move to the centre if you must have them because when airbag deploy the monkeys become missiles and believe me and 60kg gas bottle equates to a 250kg projectile being hurled in the car. alternatively an oxford dictionary from the back seat is able to kill a passenger if flung off the dash at 100kmh.

in perth, alot of the asian girls have snoopy, and other plush toys on the dash, some even put on rear dash too.

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
                                Me driving S80 2.5T MY07 too. Yours is the current model as well?
                                I also like A6, but pricewise in SG, makes no sense to buy an Audi.
                                ya current model, not mine, my uncle's

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
                                Honda Stream a bit small and underpowered leh, got a couple of friends got it, and regretted.

Want big boot, can also for wagons wat, got handling of a saloon (almost), and lots and lots of boot space. I wouldn't mind someone giving a V70T6, can smoke a lot of cars out there. My boss also got a Saab 95 Combi. Very nice too.
                                saab 95 also very powerful, dont laugh at its small engine, it will almost anycar all things being equal.
                                im not sure if sg will get it, but in oz people are starting to preorder the new saab turbo x, i hear that one one monster of a turbo to be fitted , now my hand itchy to go to saab showroom and look
                                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                                Blue 6694
                                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X