Credit Card Promotion : Cortina & OCBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dweller View Post
    any bro know if you still get the rewards pts if u use instalments?
    Generally, no reward points for installment payments.

Comment

Originally posted by rolexmile View Post
      Thanks for sharing this deal.

Personally, I would not take an instalment on any luxury item. Only necessities and only if absolutely necessary.

My way of living within my means I guess.
      It just a different school of thought.

I have the means to use cash to fully pay a 30k watch but I choose to go for 0% installment over 50month due to time value of money. As inflation kicks in, my $$$ is getting smaller each year hence it makes more sense to me to pay via installment especially if it's interests free.

A tips for all, I always use giro to pay off my credit card bill especially if I purchase the 30k watch on 50mth installment plan. I would bank in that 30k into my credit card giro savings account and keep the 50mth installment plan credit card in my drawer. By doing so, I would not be incurring additional monthly expenses on that bank as I only have 1 credit card per bank. I only contact the bank to waive off the annual fees as they will always do it because the card is active and there are mostly transaction, they won't want to bill you the annual fees because they will lose you as a customer and through words of mouth the bank will lose even more customers especially in the current Internet / forum age.

Thanks my 2 cents view.
      Last edited by iwearwatch; 18-01-15, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iwearwatch View Post
        It just a different school of thought.

I have the means to use cash to fully pay a 30k watch but I choose to go for 0% installment over 50month due to time value of money. As inflation kicks in, my $$$ is getting smaller each year hence it makes more sense to me to pay via installment especially if it's interests free.

A tips for all, I always use giro to pay off my credit card bill especially if I purchase the 30k watch on 50mth installment plan. I would bank in that 30k into my credit card giro savings account and keep the 50mth installment plan credit card in my drawer. By doing so, I would not be incurring additional monthly expenses on that bank as I only have 1 credit card per bank. I only contact the bank to waive off the annual fees as they will always do it because the card is active and there are mostly transaction, they won't want to bill you the annual fees because they will lose you as a customer and through words of mouth the bank will lose even more customers especially in the current Internet / forum age.

Thanks my 2 cents view.
        You are absolutely right on the time value of money

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X