Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you buy watch brands whose company went burst?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy watch brands whose company went burst?

Guys,as of title, will you buy those watch brands (Wlyer, Nubeo etc) whose company has gone burst?
    Taking into consideration that servicing is not an issue as mostly using ETA movement, will you consider to own one?
    Him:
    116520 V series/ 16750 M series /Franck Muller GPC (Red Ergal)/ Nubeo Black Jellyfish (Orange)/ Chopard Mille Miglia 2005 LTD ED/ Tudor Hydronaut II/ Tag Heuer Kirium/ Tag Heuer Formula 1/ Longines 36184566/ Tissot PRS 200 (Michael Owen LTD ED)/ Louis Erard Asymmetric/ Orient

Her:
    AP Ladies Royal Oak 2140/ 178240 Z series/ Chopard Happy Black Valentine LTD ED/ Chopard Be Mad LTD ED/ Omega Speedmaster/ Bvlgari Carbon Gold (Moscow) LTD ED/ Tag Heuer Link/ Locman Tenderheart/ B & M

Why not?
    It's a piece of history... for example, locally, can anyone recall the existence of PAGOL? Aka the coconut tree watch? The newer generation collectors may not have any idea... but those who went through the 80s, should have a clear memories...

Comment

i would love to have a piece of watches that hold such history, its better than limited edition

Comment

haha definitely not...unless the watch is super cheap <$500
        Opportunities come once

Comment

Yes, sure. Better story than limited edition.

And if there is a problem, I'm sure there will be enough expert mechanics in the world to get it repaired... and it could be a good project to find one

Comment

Alain Silberstein yes because it's a very colourful watch...and the price must be cheap.
            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV
            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

I will still buy of I like the watch.

Comment

If the watch was easy to service and I liked the watch enough, why not =)

Comment

yes, as long as i like the watch will definitely consider buying it.

Comment

I will buy if I like the watch design and the brand has history. Reason being that the watch brand maybe revive like some of the watch brands we see in market now and who knows they might start paying a good price for those with unique design watch.
                    sigpic

Comment

i am still looking for my universal tri compax chrono

Comment

Interesting thread.. I will still buy discontinued brands (if they are still avail on market) if they appeal to me emotionally and certainly not for the anticipation for capital gain (because unless one have the moola to buy rare and the 'real' limited edition, I am sure watches, and in particular the high-end watch market will take a serious plunge especially during bad economic times). Luxuries puchases such as expensive watches tends to be one of the first things to go during rough economic times, in particular tyhe swiss watch market. Even Rolex and PP watches who tend to hold value well (probably well above the rest of the watch brands) very rarely appreciates.

Comment

If I like the watch, is priced right and can still be serviced, why not? The problem that I've seen of some of these watches is that the physical condition could be bad and replacement parts to fix up the cosmetics are hard to find.

Comment

Some things are worth owning for its legacy.....

Comment

Of course not

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X