X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SM Goh warded with chicken pox - LOLzzz

SM Goh warded with chicken pox

By Zakir Hussain, Political Correspondent

SENIOR Minister Goh Chok Tong, 67, was admitted to Singapore General Hospital (SGH) yesterday for chicken pox, a statement from the Prime Minister's Office said.
    'As chicken pox is caused by the varicella zoster virus, which is transmitted by the airborne route, SM Goh's doctors decided to admit him to an isolation ward,' the statement said.

Mr Goh's condition is satisfactory and he is expected to be discharged in about a week's time, it added.

Chicken pox is a generally mild, contagious childhood illness that is characterised by a fever and the appearance of red spots on the body and face.

It spreads by direct contact or inhalation of air droplets from an infected person's coughing or sneezing.

It is not unusual for adults to be admitted for the disease as they might run into more complications, said Dr Leong Hoe Nam, a consultant infectious disease physician at SGH.

He noted that while it is less common for adults to get chicken pox, disproportionately more adults in Asia tend to succumb to the disease as they do not get it during childhood.

Once a person has had chicken pox, he is immune to the disease and very unlikely to catch it again. However, he or she may develop shingles.

One can get chicken pox within 10 days to 21 days of coming into contact with an infected person, according to the Health Promotion Board's website.

An infected person is usually infectious one or two days before the rash appears until about a week later, when the spots dry up and the body temperature falls back to normal.

Anyone had this before?? I understand that if you have it later will be quite bad..
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

wah how come he bo dai bo zi will get it de?
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Mutation of the Swine?... lol
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

why

why must tell us .. Garment got not more news ??

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X