Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ballwatch View Post
    This is all very puzzling...to me

Worst economy since the Great Depression + Swine Flu (spreads more readily than SARS) = combined effect (property launches packed, share mkt up, watches list prices up???).

Sorry, coming back to your 13k....very possible right...tot bro Triton mentioned he was offered 13.5k...
    but great depression that time govt nvr react that readily with spending mah

watever it is, i think list price wont drop. maybe maintain. but Preowned will drop as more people wanna sell off and get cash as CASH IS KING!!! (just my opinion. no offence intended to anyone)
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

hi triton, can check with your AD how much are they selling the GMT IIc ( S.S ), payment will be with cash, TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        couple of weeks ago, ST reported that it will take at least 1½ years before the economy recovers.

one of the biggest price drops would be the daytona, my AD called me offering me a BNIB white dial daytona for 13500 sometime late 08. considering that the peak was close to 18k *someone paid that price in 08* this would mean a price difference of 25% within a year.

currently, im offered a white dial daytona by same AD for 16k. however only difference now is that the clasps is the latest design. however the new list is about 13.5k compared to the previous list of about 13k.

anyway my friend just bought a MOP with diamonds for about 7.5k. a whopping discount of close to 30% off list with cash. i have yet to verify the receipt but i got a feeling either sales is bad or the sales person quoted wrongly.

now is may, we are now having a swine flu outbreak that is affecting travel plans. will this make the recovery of economy slower? sinn has up their list price. not sure if any other brands have increase their list price.........

so will watch price soften?
        What is a "MOP" ?

Comment

Mother of Pearl...

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
          What is a "MOP" ?

Comment

STI breaks 2000 with uncertainties. I wonder who is actually buying in now. Sense a wave of fear coming soon... those looking for 2nd hand watches might need some patience to take opportunity.
            My humble keepsakes:
            1) Submariner 14060
            2) Submariner 14060M
            3) Sea Dweller 16600
            4) Explorer II 16570 (Polar)
            5) Azimuth JagdBomber
            6) Azimuth Bombardier I,II,III, IV & V
            7) Azimuth 55mm B-hur Original Luftwaffe Specification Limited Edition
            8) Seiko Samurai Ti (Black)
            9) Panerai Black Seal
            10) IWC Big Pilot (5004)
            11) IWX Mark XIV

Comment

those who are buying at 2000 is

I am selling my stocks tomorrow loh..

Originally posted by mickey_ View Post
              STI breaks 2000 with uncertainties. I wonder who is actually buying in now. Sense a wave of fear coming soon... those looking for 2nd hand watches might need some patience to take opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                13.5k was when list is 12929. that was last year. now? list price is already 13.5k thereabts, i have not seen daytona sold @ list before. can try to wait. but not likely unless you have a very fantastic relationship with ur ad.
                Basically, I have to agree with you, but I think its also luck (timing)

I also think if someone's comfortable with 13.5 thereabouts (vs a high of 18), just grab it when you see it....dun wait & hope for the 500bucks or so difference

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                  those who are buying at 2000 is

I am selling my stocks tomorrow loh..
                  later u trigger mass selling then mkt crash again
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

no surprising as banks are giving out their mid year dividends. with good price, one might consider selling.

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                    later u trigger mass selling then mkt crash again
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

don't think so. shares will have a profit taking then go higher and higher. Rolex price will increase again. Those who haven't buy of cos hoping it to drop lah.
                      Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                      Rolex LV submariner
                      Rolex TT black submariner
                      Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                      Rolex Non date submariner
                      Rolex Explorer2
                      More...

Comment

To some, it is already made a little killing or two, (once in Nov 08 and another in the past 2 weeks), and is waiting for a major correction for another little killing.

To think about this, my one "little" killing is referenced to a mid-sized sedan value car (new). Now CO is pressurising for a new car on mother's day, there goes my secret dream for a couple of watches liao.
                        My humble keepsakes:
                        1) Submariner 14060
                        2) Submariner 14060M
                        3) Sea Dweller 16600
                        4) Explorer II 16570 (Polar)
                        5) Azimuth JagdBomber
                        6) Azimuth Bombardier I,II,III, IV & V
                        7) Azimuth 55mm B-hur Original Luftwaffe Specification Limited Edition
                        8) Seiko Samurai Ti (Black)
                        9) Panerai Black Seal
                        10) IWC Big Pilot (5004)
                        11) IWX Mark XIV

Comment

im thinking of purchasing SIA shares about 2 - 3 weeks down the road..any advice?
                          Opportunities come once

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X