will watch prices soften even more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will watch prices soften even more?

couple of weeks ago, ST reported that it will take at least 1½ years before the economy recovers.

one of the biggest price drops would be the daytona, my AD called me offering me a BNIB white dial daytona for 13500 sometime late 08. considering that the peak was close to 18k *someone paid that price in 08* this would mean a price difference of 25% within a year.

currently, im offered a white dial daytona by same AD for 16k. however only difference now is that the clasps is the latest design. however the new list is about 13.5k compared to the previous list of about 13k.

anyway my friend just bought a MOP with diamonds for about 7.5k. a whopping discount of close to 30% off list with cash. i have yet to verify the receipt but i got a feeling either sales is bad or the sales person quoted wrongly.

now is may, we are now having a swine flu outbreak that is affecting travel plans. will this make the recovery of economy slower? sinn has up their list price. not sure if any other brands have increase their list price.........

so will watch price soften?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

i'm hoping so ..then i can get my white daytona much sooner...heheh
    Rolex SD "m" series
    Omega Speedmaster
    PAM 164K

Comment

BNIB or preown?

budget?

Originally posted by finnsim View Post
      i'm hoping so ..then i can get my white daytona much sooner...heheh
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        couple of weeks ago, ST reported that it will take at least 1½ years before the economy recovers.

one of the biggest price drops would be the daytona, my AD called me offering me a BNIB white dial daytona for 13500 sometime late 08. considering that the peak was close to 18k *someone paid that price in 08* this would mean a price difference of 25% within a year.

currently, im offered a white dial daytona by same AD for 16k. however only difference now is that the clasps is the latest design. however the new list is about 13.5k compared to the previous list of about 13k.

anyway my friend just bought a MOP with diamonds for about 7.5k. a whopping discount of close to 30% off list with cash. i have yet to verify the receipt but i got a feeling either sales is bad or the sales person quoted wrongly.

now is may, we are now having a swine flu outbreak that is affecting travel plans. will this make the recovery of economy slower? sinn has up their list price. not sure if any other brands have increase their list price.........

so will watch price soften?
        Likely...

Then again...your friend is lucky coz he paid that amt and he's holding that watch!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Sinn up their prices ah?! Looks like I'll never b able to own a Sinn watch anytime soon liao..
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

maybe they increase the corresponding discount? then again, u can always wait for THG sales, not sure which model you looking @. but it may just turn up.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            Sinn up their prices ah?! Looks like I'll never b able to own a Sinn watch anytime soon liao..

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

btw, the watch was bought by a SHE and not HE.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              Likely...

Then again...your friend is lucky coz he paid that amt and he's holding that watch!

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

btw, the watch was bought by a SHE and not HE.
                Ooops

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

BNIB or preown?

budget?
                  BNIB ...budget 13K but i think is hard
                  Rolex SD "m" series
                  Omega Speedmaster
                  PAM 164K

Comment

This is all very puzzling...to me

Worst economy since the Great Depression + Swine Flu (spreads more readily than SARS) = combined effect (property launches packed, share mkt up, watches list prices up???).

Sorry, coming back to your 13k....very possible right...tot bro Triton mentioned he was offered 13.5k...

Comment

dont think possible. daytona has never been sold below list price for a very long time. at least not in the last 10 years. the new list is already 13.5k thereabts

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

13.5k was when list is 12929. that was last year. now? list price is already 13.5k thereabts, i have not seen daytona sold @ list before. can try to wait. but not likely unless you have a very fantastic relationship with ur ad.

Originally posted by Ballwatch View Post

Sorry, coming back to your 13k....very possible right...tot bro Triton mentioned he was offered 13.5k...

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by Ballwatch View Post
                          This is all very puzzling...to me

Worst economy since the Great Depression + Swine Flu (spreads more readily than SARS) = combined effect (property launches packed, share mkt up, watches list prices up???).
                          In summer 1930, Keynes said that the depression has bottomed out. But the real nadir happened in 1932... Mind you... I do believe history will relive itself this time round.
                          The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

maybe... as United States' deficit hits US$400b and it will push the cumulative federal debt past 12 trillion in the next five years. I wonder how USA will/can pay back those debts, or they don't care about that???

(source:USA Today 2ndMAy2008, http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...analysis_N.htm)

l
                            Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                            In summer 1930, Keynes said that the depression has bottomed out. But the real nadir happened in 1932... Mind you... I do believe history will relive itself this time round.

Comment

first you have to calculate how much they going to return each month. then u see how long it takes that is provided they dont borrow anymore. then the amount does it include interests.......

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X