Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelican cases for watch storage

Hey guys,

Anyone here who owns pelican cases for your watch storage? Don't know if this is a dumb question, but when you close the case, will the pressure of the two foams damage thicker watches like pams for example? Because after I close the case, it's really tight for the watches. The rolex and other thinner watches sit pretty nicely, but I'm slightly worried bout the pams. Pls share your opinions. Cheers and thanks !

I've used Pelican cases in the past, although not for watches per se. The foam used in Pelican cases may be denser than ordinary foam (it's just polyurethane), but it's still foam and foam is porous. I don't see how foam can possibly damage PAMs (whether it's the crystal, the steel case, leather/rubber strap) no matter how snug or tight the fit may be. FYI, Pelican cases have a pressure equalisation valve, so this should also allay your fears.

Comment

No question is dumb...

Nope, I have no issue using the pelican case. Yes there are pressure between the top and base foam when you close the case but it does nothing to the watch except to "stretched" the watch side ways if you get what I mean.

When the watch was being pressed from the top, the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock side will stretch outwards and the side foam will cushion the watch and thus creating a nice cushion "grip" from every sides.

Here's mine. Fit a thick big Panerai submersible and one of Rolex biggest and baddest. Love the clear transparent case as it can double as a viewing casing when my watches are "resting". And when I am traveling, I will insert a thin foam layer on the top lid to cover the watches.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
      it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
      How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
      That's how winning is done.'

Comment

I have similar one to pic above. very useful and easy to use

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X