No announcement yet.

For Those Born In The 50's, 60's and 70's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing UncleLau, i recalled back then my mum will tell my teacher to cane me if i'm naughty....now parent will tell their children if teacher cane you...tell daddy.....haha

Comment

Yes i recall my student a EX school teacher told me story years back....

A teacher wanted to cane a child for some serious offence...the child stood up and said " Teacher ! You have NO right to Cane ME ! I know my RIGHTS ! I Call my LAWYER 1st !!!! "

Too much TV ?

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

hahaha...singapore kids nowadays are too smart for their own good...
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

like this

very true for me and brings back good memories 72~
          ~[COLOR="Red"]known is a droplet, unknown is the ocean~[/COLOR]

Comment

The early 60's one

Great, thanks unclelau. It really brought back some memories of the past. Many have big family, with 5 to 7 or more siblings, running around in the kampong wearing slippers or nothings. I really cannot remember how we could passed our exam spending most time outside and guess what, we never ever attended outside school tuition.

And, things changed, everybody own their home, woman go to work, 4 or 5 Cs, employ maids, extra lessons and lots of tuition for the children, electronic games, etc etc.

But, it OK, for we are all blessed for what we are now, we survived and achieved in our time. And the younger generation will survive and achieve theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Familyfirst View Post
              Great, thanks unclelau. It really brought back some memories of the past. Many have big family, with 5 to 7 or more siblings, running around in the kampong wearing slippers or nothings. I really cannot remember how we could passed our exam spending most time outside and guess what, we never ever attended outside school tuition.

And, things changed, everybody own their home, woman go to work, 4 or 5 Cs, employ maids, extra lessons and lots of tuition for the children, electronic games, etc etc.

But, it OK, for we are all blessed for what we are now, we survived and achieved in our time. And the younger generation will survive and achieve theirs.

Well said bro ! Well Said !
              *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

very nostalgic...

Thanks for the post. Fond memories where neighbours would open their doors all day and you could just pop in anytime.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X