No announcement yet.

For Those Born In The 50's, 60's and 70's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly like to express thanks to the bros here for bringing back the memories of 70's..
    Lots of things we do as kids we gradually forget as our adulthood embraces us and things like kids/family/job committments..
    Yes the things we do in the 70's as kids is not longer seen now replaced by computers and enrichment courses...
    Kids in that time i say have plenty of childhood but sadly now is much less.
    Playing catching with your pals in the neighbourhood and at the same disturb the neighbours with our shouting n running...those are the days...
    I also remb at that time before Junction 8 and Yishun, Ang Mo Kio central is the place to hang out for couples/kids and everybody..
    But now though AMK central looks nicer than before, it's no longer the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
      Tried tat a few times before... Tea Dance...

Very beng

Canto also...
      Ya... I remember I went one located at forum. Can't remember d name liao but was at d location where d current Toy R us is nw....
      Stand up for wat is rite even if you r standing alone

Comment

Would that happen to be Rumours?

Originally posted by whiteangle74 View Post
        Ya... I remember I went one located at forum. Can't remember d name liao but was at d location where d current Toy R us is nw....
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by flagship View Post
          And the famous satay club near city hall
          I think you mean between Queen Elizabeth Walk and City Hall. Anyways, the fake satay club is nearby now, at Lau Pa Sat every night after 6pm. The real one moved to Sembewang Shopping Centre.

URA has no idea of national identity. I am very surprised they never use the Merlion as landfill material since cement now not cheap. Or convert old high court to *yet another* hotel for F1 season.

Things change fast in a small city-state.

Maybe we should en bloc Singapore and use the money to buy Western Australia?

Comment

hehehe..not enuff to buy aussie lar..mayb can buy batam...hahahaha
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Last time:

Fire disco (3 floors) at Orchard Plaza but now there like chicken shop,
              Spark then Grease then dunno wat.,
              Studebaker then Venom then Chinablack now also gone liao..
              Ridleys at ANA Hotel then hotel was demolished, moved to Hotel Phoenix also demolished, now dunno wat happen to Ridleys liao..

Sigh..last time fun all gone.. used to be a fishing ground for us..keke
              "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                Last time:

Now?.... its even more happening... Godfather

I like Music Underground back then...
                A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Last time:

Spark then Grease then dunno wat.,
                  Studebaker then Venom then Chinablack now also gone liao..
                  Ridleys at ANA Hotel then hotel was demolished, moved to Hotel Phoenix also demolished, now dunno wat happen to Ridleys liao..

Sigh..last time fun all gone.. used to be a fishing ground for us..keke
                  i like chicken...

i also like fishing ...

u org outing ah ?

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                    i like chicken...

i also like fishing ...

u org outing ah ?
                    Can can, provided ppl sporting la..last time org then no ppl go le

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                      Now?.... its even more happening... Godfather

I like Music Underground back then...
                      Last time Boss right? damn ex place

Comment

Can can, provided ppl sporting la..last time org then no ppl go le
                        u say got mei mei, all auto sport leow... hehee

Comment

last time in the 80's wear baggy pants was so cool and 'in'...now if I spot anybody wearing, I would say 'siao ah'....then go Texas skating ring at Amara?? ....in the 90's, I every Friday and Saturday night sure go Sparks and bio MM..hehe
                          present
                          rolex submariner
                          rolex explorer 2
                          rolex datejust
                          audemars piguet royal oak chrono moonphase
                          seiko emperor tuna

past
                          rolex day-date
                          rolex gmt 2
                          corum bubble skeleton
                          corum bubble gmt

Comment

Ha ha.... it makes me think what if people will be still wearing PAMs or those huge watches 10 years from now and eddiepuricon will say "siao ah"...

Originally posted by eddiepuricon View Post
                            last time in the 80's wear baggy pants was so cool and 'in'...now if I spot anybody wearing, I would say 'siao ah'....then go Texas skating ring at Amara?? ....in the 90's, I every Friday and Saturday night sure go Sparks and bio MM..hehe

Comment

I will surely say 'siao ah'...want to sell me cheap cheap, cos nobody would wear big watches liao!
                              present
                              rolex submariner
                              rolex explorer 2
                              rolex datejust
                              audemars piguet royal oak chrono moonphase
                              seiko emperor tuna

past
                              rolex day-date
                              rolex gmt 2
                              corum bubble skeleton
                              corum bubble gmt

Comment

For Those Born In The 50's, 60's and 70's

Halo everyone, i like to share with you guys this article from my golf kakis Uncle Soo......Thanks for sharing Soo....

To All those Born in the 50's , 60's & early '70s..
                                The article below was written by Patrick Teoh in his blog "Niamah!!".

To All those Born in the 50's , 60's & early '70s...

First, we survived with mothers who had no maids. They cooked/cleaned while taking care of us at the same time.
                                They took aspirin, candies floss, fizzy drinks, shaved ice with syrups and diabetes were rare. Salt added to Pepsi or Coke was remedy for fever.
                                We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets.
                                As children, we would ride with our parents on bicycles/motorcycles for 2 or 3. Richer ones in cars with no seat belts or air bags.
                                Riding in the back of a private taxi was a special treat.
                                We drank water from the tap and NOT from a bottle.
                                We would spend hours on the fields under bright sunlight flying our kites, without worrying about the UV ray which never seem to affect us.
                                We go to jungle to catch spiders without worries of Aedes mosquitoes.
                                With mere 5 pebbles (stones) would be a endless game. With a ball (tennis ball best) we boys would ran like crazy for hours.
                                We catch guppy in drains/canals and when it rain we swim there.
                                We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually worry about being unhygenic.
                                We ate salty, very sweet & oily food, candies, bread and real butter and drank very sweet soft sweet coffee/tea, ice kacang, but we weren't overweight because..... .
                                WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!
                                We would leave home in the morning and play all day, till streetlights came on.
                                No one was able to reach us all day. AND WE DONT HAVE HANDPHONES TO BUG US. And we were O.K. AND WE ARE SAFE.
                                We would spend hours repairing our old bicycles and wooden scooters out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem .
                                We did not have Playstations, X-boxes, Nintendo's, multiple channels on cable TV, DVD movies, no surround sound, no phones, no personal computers, no Internet. WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!
                                We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and we still continued the stunts.
                                We never had birthdays parties till we are 21
                                We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and just yelled for them!
                                The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!
                                Yet this generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!
                                The past 40 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.
                                We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned

HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!
                                And YOU are one of them!
                                CONGRATULATIONS!
                                You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the government regulated our lives for our own good.
                                And while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were.

PS: -The big type is because Long-sightedness or hyperopia at your age. hehehehehehe

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X