2014 Oct Technology News - Your phone & TV set may be spying on you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Oct Technology News - Your phone & TV set may be spying on you

i have in the past told many friends that it is never safe to do internet banking via your mobile device especially if you have the second factor authentication sent you via sms.

for those using sms to have the second factor authentication sent to you, i would suggest you switch to dongle.

if you still prefer the sms method, use only 1 computer to perform your internet banking. please ensure that the computer has at least a antivirus software installed and it must be the latest virus definition update.

for those who miss the article on sunday (05/10/2014) from straits times, Mr Eugene Kaspersky tells you the reasons. i will try to scan and post the full article.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

this is always a just-in-time reminder that one will overlook at times. we trust that the bank or any other services will impose the highest security standards. We should always exercise our due diligence. After all, the agony of losing can be prevented through our own hands.

Comment

well said.

Originally posted by 17Diver View Post
      this is always a just-in-time reminder that one will overlook at times. we trust that the bank or any other services will impose the highest security standards. We should always exercise our due diligence. After all, the agony of losing can be prevented through our own hands.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

this is the scanned full article

right click and save file as in your computer so that you can read it.

kindly email with
        2. your nick

Comment

Hehe nothing new, they can look/hear with you if you have a webcam, with google glass they can even track you down, see where you are, what you do and so on. Big Brother is Watching you and the best thing is they introduce the new "Gadgets" as renewing and usefull but the biggest PLUS for the Gov is they know all from you!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X