Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

i didn't even get the answer to qn 1 (i thought it's 20)....so who's smarter than a 5th grader? haahahahaa
      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV
      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Now I know why MOE is having problem hiring teachers.... I really don't know how to teach.... vomit blood....

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
        i didn't even get the answer to qn 1 (i thought it's 20)....so who's smarter than a 5th grader? haahahahaa

Comment

The first qn can use ur 5 fingers lah....but if it's more than 5 businessmen then good luck

actually make me think twice of having kids now.....

so young so stress

cheers
          Rolex SD "m" series
          Omega Speedmaster
          PAM 164K

Comment

For first qns, easiest to use 5 dots like the tip of a pentagon. and draw lines connecting each of the dot and count how many connecting lines.
            If more ppl, use that number and map it as a circular outline then again connect each point.
            This way easier to illustrate to a kid I hope.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
            - GMT IIc TT
            - U1
            - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

ha.... good idea... I use drawings to teach math now...

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
              For first qns, easiest to use 5 dots like the tip of a pentagon. and draw lines connecting each of the dot and count how many connecting lines.
              If more ppl, use that number and map it as a circular outline then again connect each point.
              This way easier to illustrate to a kid I hope.

Comment

Hehe ! I show my boy, Primary 3 this math question and he give me the correct answer 1st try....

Guess is how the Math teachers ways or systems of teaching....how i know, My Mrs is HOD of Math and Science hehehehe !!!!

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Hi all, don't be discouraged, later you will see more of these "chim" questions, from all subjects.

There are other different methods to solve the maths problems, we attended some simple lessons from the school in order to teach the children at home.

Cheers.

Comment

Hey bros,

Thought this might help some of us who are wondering why are our primary kids being exposed to certain kind of questions. Many children also wonder why are they learning mathematics and all sorts of nonsensical equations in school when they wouldn't be using it in the future.

So below are a few annotations taken from the Singapore Mathematics Primary Syllabus.

http://www.moe.edu.sg/education/syll...imary-2007.pdf

This sentence answers the question:

Mathematics is an excellent vehicle for the development and improvement of a person’s intellectual competence in logical reasoning, spatial visualisation, analysis and abstract thought.

What the Primary Math syllabus is all about:

The revised syllabus continues to emphasise conceptual understanding, skill proficiencies and thinking skills.

The learning of mathematics at all levels involves more than the basic acquisition of concepts and skills. It also crucially involves an understanding of the underlying mathematical thinking, the general strategies of problem solving and positive attitudes to and appreciation of mathematics as an important and powerful tool in everyday life.

Hope it helps in some way or another!

Comment

Thanks for sharing the Singapore Mathematics Primary Syllabus with us. After reading the syllabus, I think we all know why our Mathematics standard is one of the highest in the world.

Originally posted by Hakief View Post
                      Hey bros,

Thought this might help some of us who are wondering why are our primary kids being exposed to certain kind of questions. Many children also wonder why are they learning mathematics and all sorts of nonsensical equations in school when they wouldn't be using it in the future.

So below are a few annotations taken from the Singapore Mathematics Primary Syllabus.

http://www.moe.edu.sg/education/syll...imary-2007.pdf

This sentence answers the question:

Mathematics is an excellent vehicle for the development and improvement of a person’s intellectual competence in logical reasoning, spatial visualisation, analysis and abstract thought.

What the Primary Math syllabus is all about:

The revised syllabus continues to emphasise conceptual understanding, skill proficiencies and thinking skills.

The learning of mathematics at all levels involves more than the basic acquisition of concepts and skills. It also crucially involves an understanding of the underlying mathematical thinking, the general strategies of problem solving and positive attitudes to and appreciation of mathematics as an important and powerful tool in everyday life.

Hope it helps in some way or another!

Comment

That why i bet all the world Famous watch maker, past and present, were Mathematicians.......

Those like me...wear Rolex to play golf, need calculator to add up our final score from the golf card....lets see...6 + 5 + 4 = 103....****s ! lost again...

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                          Parenthood is killing me... esp SINGAPORE education system... my daughter is now in K2. We, the parents, normally very kiasu, let her do Pri 1 assessment books........
                          my daughter now p2. ang mo, maths, chinese ... very chim, but surprise she can cope. whn she was in k2, worried, cos unable to read... but once she's in p1, progress very fast leow... ... need to be push, but overall find her work acceptable, not the top of the class, ave nia. but lately she got quite a few full marks.

my son 3+ yrs, now in nursery...worry abit, cos cant tok well, so sending him to speech therapy, 1 hr session $135 ... WTF

my youngest 1+ yrs, so far, so good

so dont worry, am sure yr daughter can do well in p1... applying where for p1 ?

Comment

Ah pet. Yes going to who primary? Long time no see you. Must kopi soon

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                              Ah pet. Yes going to who primary? Long time no see you. Must kopi soon
                              family matters, keep me bizy hahhaa...

kopi, can lah, whn ? go the same place eat satay..

my oldest already in p2 leow loh

116520's = k2; askng him, he gonna apply/ reg which p1 for his daughter.

Comment

yes, mine k2, another one coming out in july...

thinking to put my girl into MGS

Originally posted by pet View Post
                                family matters, keep me bizy hahhaa...
                                kopi, can lah, whn ? go the same place eat satay..

my oldest already in p2 leow loh

116520's = k2; askng him, he gonna apply/ reg which p1 for his daughter.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X