Got Played Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Played Out

Sorry, just need some avenue to release my flastration was played out by a fellow member. I brought the watch down to his place for viewing, his wife was there on a Sat. night. agreed on the price & to transact on Mon.

call me this monday morn & tell me his wife not happy, so back out. looking back, it was stupid of me not to ask for a deposit & trusted him.

now I understand why some many bro wrote the way they wrote. Thanks for viewing.

spokm

buddy you are not alone!

Comment

hmmm sasd to hear that. but really quite common nowadays.

best is to have no obligation viewing, and if happy, transact on the spot.

but then again, its quite common for people to change their minds also imo nothing wrong with that. but of cos u made a wasted trip
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
        hmmm sasd to hear that. but really quite common nowadays.

best is to have no obligation viewing, and if happy, transact on the spot.

but then again, its quite common for people to change their minds also imo nothing wrong with that. but of cos u made a wasted trip
        changing of minds,and playing the seller out so what makes the buyer...if buyer cannot be the decision maker do not be one. And wasted seller's time,and may had taken away the opportunity of the seller selling away his watch to another potential buyer. But holding on to the watch for this buyer...

We honor our words,as much we love our watches...

Comment

depends.

in the case of TS, he went down and apparently, the buyer agreed after viewing. then later change mind. This is not correct imo

but in another case, buyer say ok view on mon, but later change mind say don wanna buy le. In this case, i think its ok.
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

if a purchase i needed to discuss with my wife,father or mother....i will NOT commit with seller. I wouldn't even let the seller deliver the watch to my place for viewing...if i'm NOT the decision maker.

Comment

Originally posted by spokm View Post
              Sorry, just need some avenue to release my flastration was played out by a fellow member. I brought the watch down to his place for viewing, his wife was there on a Sat. night. agreed on the price & to transact on Mon.
              call me this monday morn & tell me his wife not happy, so back out. looking back, it was stupid of me not to ask for a deposit & trusted him.
              now I understand why some many bro wrote the way they wrote. Thanks for viewing.
              spokm
              sorry to hear about your encounter but treat it as part of your learning? you have not gotten 'buyer' who agreed to your price, ask you to travel to ulu part of Singapore, and then either don't turn up, don't answer sms or ask that you discount some more otherwise no deal ...
              i believe most of the members honour their undertakings but ****e does happen...
              Last edited by Ender; 27-04-09, 10:58 AM. Reason: Fwah! Auto censor of the word '****'!
              "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
              three times is enemy action and
              over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
              ."

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                if a purchase i needed to discuss with my wife,father or mother....i will NOT commit with seller. I wouldn't even let the seller deliver the watch to my place for viewing...if i'm NOT the decision maker.

yup, that is fair enough. at most i will tell seller that while I am interested in the watch/ agree with the price, i cannot confirm because i need approval from wife/ GF/ father/ mother/ son/ daughter etc... and seller is free to sell to whoever he wants in the meantime pending my final confirmation. as a seller, i always make clear to all potential buyers that until monies in my hand, i'm free to sell to whoever i want at whatever price i want...
                "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                three times is enemy action and
                over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                ."

Comment

Originally posted by spokm View Post

spokm
                  Funny why agreed on deal never transact on te spot le Can reveal member or not? PM me la. Next time pple sell here can be cautious. Or comment in iTrader la. Or no use complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                    yup, that is fair enough. at most i will tell seller that while I am interested in the watch/ agree with the price, i cannot confirm because i need approval from wife/ GF/ father/ mother/ son/ daughter etc... and seller is free to sell to whoever he wants in the meantime pending my final confirmation. as a seller, i always make clear to all potential buyers that until monies in my hand, i'm free to sell to whoever i want at whatever price i want...
                    agree with this.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedbacks. I'm glad that there are still so many honorable bros out there. Have a great week ahead.

Comment

It's normal 1 ....

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

next time you want to secure sale, you ask him for deposit (even small sum accepted), no deposit = no deal. those who are serious will let you know, those who want to look around, will become abit intimidated.
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X