O level results OUT ALREADY....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O level results OUT ALREADY....

Wah so fast...it's gonna be out already.

Maybe some of my senior bros here can share some experience...on which route to take and the 1 you chose? Just to hear some comments...JC,Poly,Private

Personally,I dun prefer JC life,not really for me la...study until quite siao,though poly doesnt mean easy life but not that siao...and can defer army by 1 yr

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

be a watchmaker......
    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
      be a watchmaker......
      Wah seh...damn fast sia u...

watchmaker..must go switzerland...and my parents will NEVER allow me to do that. It's like the usual TAN BO JIAK thing like artists...hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Wah seh...damn fast sia u...

watchmaker..must go switzerland...and my parents will NEVER allow me to do that. It's like the usual TAN BO JIAK thing like artists...hahaha
        i think watchmaker - those who make it...earn alot hor...
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          i think watchmaker - those who make it...earn alot hor...
          Aiyah artist also the same..those who make it earn alot. But that 1 have to hav lots of patience I have to say.

Anyway dun n talk rubbish...

So which route did u guys take,recommended or not?

Comment

Do you want to study University?

If yes, normally most will opt for JC because it better prepares one for subsequent Uni education.

JC life can also be fun. Depends on which JC you go to. That was my time lah, which was about 15yrs ago...

Poly is good also. And these days, there're increasingly more poly grads progressing on to do U either locally or overseas. But poly 3 yrs.

National Service gotta do sooner or later... Might as well get it over and done with fast. Then can move on with life liao
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
              Do you want to study University?

If yes, normally most will opt for JC because it better prepares one for subsequent Uni education.

JC life can also be fun. Depends on which JC you go to. That was my time lah, which was about 15yrs ago...

Poly is good also. And these days, there're increasingly more poly grads progressing on to do U either locally or overseas. But poly 3 yrs.

National Service gotta do sooner or later... Might as well get it over and done with fast. Then can move on with life liao
              Yes...gotta go uni. These days,lots of ppl who can get into JC all go poly.

If I cant go to local Uni...might hav to go overseas

NS is just say for fun 1 la...though I dun want to go..LL also hav to go.

Comment

Yes...gotta go uni. These days,lots of ppl who can get into JC all go poly.

If I cant go to local Uni...might hav to go overseas

NS is just say for fun 1 la...though I dun want to go..LL also hav to go.
                I think you more suitable for Poly. JC students have to follow strict timetables and have less flexibility. Poly is good in the sense that you have more free play, and in the process learn to be more independent... I was a JC boy though because during my time, all those who can make it for JC go for JC...
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                  I think you more suitable for Poly. JC students have to follow strict timetables and have less flexibility. Poly is good in the sense that you have more free play, and in the process learn to be more independent... I was a JC boy though because during my time, all those who can make it for JC go for JC...
                  I see...haha..these days ppl change lol. Alot of those can go JC go poly,take up space

Comment

Wah bo liao ah? bo experience or anything left

Comment

sorry lah.. just log in again..

Okay.. here is my analysis..

1) Do u wana go UNI -> YES (as mentioned above)
                      2) Do you wana go local or o'sea.. (from the sounds of it, I think yr family backgrnd seems more than capable of sending you abroad.
                      3) Relating to (2), assuming you can qualify local Uni.. but parents also can afford to send you o'sea... which do you prefer...

Answer the 2 qns first kae?? Patient lah my little padawan..

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                      - GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                        sorry lah.. just log in again..

Okay.. here is my analysis..

1) Do u wana go UNI -> YES (as mentioned above)
                        2) Do you wana go local or o'sea.. (from the sounds of it, I think yr family backgrnd seems more than capable of sending you abroad.
                        3) Relating to (2), assuming you can qualify local Uni.. but parents also can afford to send you o'sea... which do you prefer...

Answer the 2 qns first kae?? Patient lah my little padawan..
                        Oversea...ermm..I m not say damn rich la,but ust alittle above avg.if really need to go then I will go...otherwise personally I wont really want to go. First I dun want to increase financial burden and...I prefer life here actually.

Comment

see result first ... if damn jia lark... go ITE nai.... hahhahaha

but result gd, A level of cos, JC lah, thn to uni.

Comment

Okay.. here is the deal...

Route 1
                            JC = 2yrs
                            Local / O'sea Uni = 4yrs
                            Total 6yrs

Route 2
                            Poly = 3yrs
                            Local Uni = 4yrs
                            Total 7yrs.

Route 3
                            Poly = 3yrs
                            O'sea Uni = 2 yrs
                            Total 5yrs

(Abv is based on an assumption that you are persuing a honours program and you do relatively well at the JC / Poly course)

One route save time, the other saves money, the other more time at a differ pace.

Since I know which sch you were from, I don't think you have any problems qualifying for JC but whether you can qualify for the course you want and to persue the route to your intended career.

If you already decided on what you hope to do in the future, I would suggest persuing the Poly route. That will equip you with the necessary exposure for you progress and coupe with any Uni program. But if you attend Poly, I would rather you persue an O'seas Uni program as it will save you time as you need not do the fundamentals for 2yrs (tat was already covered in Poly)
                            BUT if you decided after embarking on the Poly route that the "career path" taken is not suitable for you, then instead, you will be wasting MORE time than intended.

If u are undecided what you want to persue as a career, then go with the JC route as it offers you more variety and options to wat you want to do in future... U can then map out and make the necessary decision at a later stage BUT u must make sure you excel to qualify for UNI lah.. and to the faculty you are aiming for.. (fei hua right??)

Another thing is to consider what kind of student material are you.. do you excel better in a modular system OR in a 1 maj exam system... The answer to this would be obvious and most likely able to help you further with you decision.

Modular system means you cover this subject in detail for 6mths (abt there lah) with tests, assignments etc that maybe takes up between 40 to 60% of your final grade. So if you are a on-the-ball type of student, you may have already >50% in your pocket before seating for the final exam that contributes 40%.. (ahem.. I am that kind of student loh.. )

An X factor would be... your relatives, parents etc perspective towards poly education.. although the end of the day decision is yours, BUT its always frustrating to face narrow minded ppl with that kind of thought that "EErr... POLY education lousy / cannot make it". Its demoralising and may not be easy to turn a deaf ear some times..

Oversea...ermm..I m not say damn rich la,but ust alittle above avg.if really need to go then I will go...otherwise personally I wont really want to go. First I dun want to increase financial burden and...I prefer life here actually.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Forgot to add.. if your intended career is like Medicine / Vet / Law / Politician those kind of elite professional hor.. then pls go JC hor..

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                              - GMT IIc TT
                              - U1
                              - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X