Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advise on buying watch from overseas seller..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by louie View Post
    bro sometime is not we wanna to buy from overseas...just look at the possible risks.If you do the maths,plus this plus that and all the hassles and risk of receiving rubbish from seller...forget it!Buy it here....but the problem is here don't have..
    Just in case TS really cannot find AP ROO Volcano locally.. got a piece at visiotxxx.com.. and did see a piece at Horological RC at LP...

but of course price is above the $20K.... but taking into account shipping, insurance... and of course the mental torture on yourself while waiting to see if watch does arrives or not... buy local better....

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
      Bro... the guys has spoken.... it's a straight NO......Personally... I would say do not go ahead as the amount in question is just too large..... moreover, even if the watch does arrived...how can you guarantee the condition as per what seller describe.. may just come with a big case ding.. and you can't do anything about it then....

Just not too long ago... a fellow bro here posted that he got scammed and had a very hard time getting his $$$ back.. and his is only ard $5k.. (i say "only" bcos yours is $20k)....

Keep us posted if you do go ahead...
      is that me you referring?? its USD6K...and this is initial payment for an orange hand. Seller agreed to sell me for USD12.5K! Complete set hor!! Strangely i couldnt find much info abt this seller...but i noticed he got alot of high end watches currently on sale. So i trusted him a dealer...so we had an agreement,i wired him 6K USD first,he shipped me box papers etc...balance i will pay upon receiving the papers accessories etc.. As usual i asked him for reference,he email me abt 6-7 of them. But let me tell you,they 're fake.I suspect he replied those i emailed for sellers' reference. Cos the replies i received are within minutes...but i was so wanting the watch,regardless of all this i still go ahead....

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
        is that me you referring?? its USD6K...and this is initial payment for an orange hand. Seller agreed to sell me for USD12.5K! Complete set hor!! Strangely i couldnt find much info abt this seller...but i noticed he got alot of high end watches currently on sale. So i trusted him a dealer...so we had an agreement,i wired him 6K USD first,he shipped me box papers etc...balance i will pay upon receiving the papers accessories etc.. As usual i asked him for reference,he email me abt 6-7 of them. But let me tell you,they 're fake.I suspect he replied those i emailed for sellers' reference. Cos the replies i received are within minutes...but i was so wanting the watch,regardless of all this i still go ahead....
        yes bro louie... should be you... keke.... paiseh.. cannot recall.....

Comment

yes bro louie... should be you... keke.... paiseh.. cannot recall.....
          keke,me the hero.... I almost KISS my USD6K sayonara! When that seller stop replying my email i know siao liao! Standby buy air ticket fly to Portugal liao!!! I even asked some bros here if anyone ever been there... Some told me yeah only soccer players they know... So i tried the emailings first,and if still no sound no picture hosay liao! Portugal here i come!!

Comment

Well, I would be silly if I proceed on with the purchase as practically all our bros here have advised against it. I guess the risk is higher as the seller is a private individual. Thanks bros for your kind advise and concern.

What would you guys think if the seller is a watch dealer. There was this watch dealer Dan Dubinsky in the US who used to advertise at the Watchnet.com forum and appears to be legit but his price is slightly higher. Has any of our bros trade with him? Is he reliable?

I was tempted to purchase from overseas as their price is some $4K-$5K cheaper and is BNIB. Of course I would only go for it unless and until I am absolutely sure that the seller is 100% reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by dennlow View Post
              I am on the verge of buying an AP ROO Volcano from an overseas private seller located in the US and would appreciate the following advise from our fellow Bros:

(1) What is the best mode of payment, TT or Paypal?

(2) Is my purchase (in the region of SGD 20,000) subject to any GST
              or local customs charges?

(3) How can I ensure that I will receive the watch after payment has
              been made. In other words, what is the foolproof method of not
              getting conned?
              NO never carry out such a deal.

if the AP model is available locally, dun see why u hv to take the risk. imho, sellers reference means nothing when it comes to overseas transactions.
              Remnants of my irresponsibility:
              "Foreign affections"
              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
              2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
              3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
              4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
              What's NEXT?

Comment

Bro... the guys has spoken.... it's a straight NO......Personally... I would say do not go ahead as the amount in question is just too large..... moreover, even if the watch does arrived...how can you guarantee the condition as per what seller describe.. may just come with a big case ding.. and you can't do anything about it then....

Just not too long ago... a fellow bro here posted that he got scammed and had a very hard time getting his $$$ back.. and his is only ard $5k.. (i say "only" bcos yours is $20k)....

Keep us posted if you do go ahead...

I have decided to take the risk and go ahead to purchase my watch from an overseas seller because of the
                substantial savings and now the package has arrived from FedEx... wonder if it's an empty box or something else

Comment

So exciting....

I have decided to take the risk and go ahead to purchase my watch from an overseas seller because of the
                  substantial savings and now the package has arrived from FedEx... wonder if it's an empty box or something else

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                    So exciting....

Phew!! What a relief! It turns out to be Volcano BNIB factory sealed
                    as per described by the overseas seller and not a piece of lemon.

moral of story....you can still trust the overseas seller provided you do your
                    homework, which I did, and the end result is you got what you want at
                    a substantial savings over the local AD

Comment

Congrats!!! Can pm me what is the damage? Nice watch!!!

Phew!! What a relief! It turns out to be Volcano BNIB factory sealed
                      as per described by the overseas seller and not a piece of lemon.

moral of story....you can still trust the overseas seller provided you do your
                      homework, which I did, and the end result is you got what you want at
                      a substantial savings over the local AD

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X