SPF's deployment of digital traffic red light camera starting 01/03/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPF's deployment of digital traffic red light camera starting 01/03/2014

The first 5 units of the Digital Traffic Red Light Camera System will begin operations from 1 March 2014 at 0001hrs onwards.

The locations of these 5 units are as follows:

• Victoria St by Arab St towards Lavender St

• Victoria St by Ophir Road towards Bras Basah Road

• Victoria St by Rochor Road towards Lavender St

• Lavender St by Jalan Besar towards Balestier Road

• Ophir Road by Beach Road towards ECP

click here
    for more information
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

The announcement also states that "Traffic Police will progressively install digital red light and digital speed cameras at various locations, eventually forming a network of almost 300 of such cameras."

I applaud such move as I have seen many accidents occurred at the cross-junctions.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
      The announcement also states that "Traffic Police will progressively install digital red light and digital speed cameras at various locations, eventually forming a network of almost 300 of such cameras."

I applaud such move as I have seen many accidents occurred at the cross-junctions.
      if i think i know what these are... they are just more convenient and "faster" versions of the traditional red light camera...

and by fast, i mean fast. i knew the first digital red light camera was deployed on trial at thomson and one night i stopped at that light when it turned from orange to red - about 1 meter past the sensor/light (jammed brake).

the flash went off twice. i didn't get a ticket but it seemed the usual 3-second rule doesn't apply anymore.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Overall its a good move IMO. Downside is that all must be more careful not to accidentally cross the red.

It will certainly reduce red light beating at more congested junctions, which usually where the accidents happens.

Its all those red light beatings, changing lanes abruptly, drivers' skill and attitude that causes accidents. Not the speed.
        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X