Opinions required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions required

standard situation - limited money resources, multiple targets.

choice

1) white dial daytona
    2) pam 233
    3) tribute to polaris

the price for the above 3 are considered the lowest i can find. budget is about 16k.

which one will you advice me to get and why?

do note that can ONLY buy 1. buying 2 or all is NOT POSSIBLE
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Originally posted by triton View Post
    standard situation - limited money resources, multiple targets.

choice

1) white dial daytona
    2) pam 233
    3) tribute to polaris

the price for the above 3 are considered the lowest i can find. budget is about 16k.

which one will you advice me to get and why?

do note that can ONLY buy 1. buying 2 or all is NOT POSSIBLE
    if your daytona refers to the 16520, then it wld be my choice. very versatile watch with the potential to appreciate, much more than the other 2...
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

I will choose - - -

PAM 233 - Voted as "if you only have 1 Panerai, which one would you choose" award. Love the domed shaped crystal. Limited production yearly. Own in house Panerai movement. Budget of 16k is just nice.

Daytona White Face - Too many people wearing already. I am sure you already own a Rolex

JLC Tribute to Polaris - for JLC, I still prefer the Master Compressor.. This is just me.. But Memovox TTP is a good choice as well I must agree.

Comment

Very hard choice... like you mentioned before all three are different watches...

If I choose, I choose daytona but not paying $16k for it at this point of time...

If still can't decided which one to buy, very simple... get three small piece of papers, write down the names of the watch and lucky draw... the first one you draw buy this year, second one you draw buy next year, last one buy it two years later....

Comment

tough call with 3 awesome watches...haha,you also caught into situation so difficult to choose from the 3. How we wish we got the $$$$$ to buy all 3!! My vote goes to 233 of the 3...

Reasons, luv the quick strap change systems.Different look on different staps. After i worned a pam, Rolex just look small now on my wrist....lastly limited production made.

Comment

233,luv the sandwich dial,inhse mov,simple balance dial design layout,almost 10 days of PR, distinctive design from the opposite side of the road also can spot you wearing a pam

daytona,i bet i nvr get to use the chronograph..i was trying to convince myself to pull the trigger for a daytona recently. But fail,cos i keep thinking why would i need a chronograph when i dun need it or use it.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
              233,luv the sandwich dial,inhse mov,simple balance dial design layout,almost 10 days of PR, distinctive design from the opposite side of the road also can spot you wearing a pam

daytona,i bet i nvr get to use the chronograph..i was trying to convince myself to pull the trigger for a daytona recently. But fail,cos i keep thinking why would i need a chronograph when i dun need it or use it.
              It's also more expensive when servicing a chrono than a normal watch. You are RIGHT! How often do we make use of the chrono functions? With chrono, the dial design/layout is more congested & busy.

Dino

Comment

the daytona has always been considered my holy grail. due to its high price, i never bought it. however, last year i came across the lowest price i have seen for a daytona in years. im currently waiting for one of my AD to confirm that i will offered a price i cannot resist.

the 233 is what i call a AIO in panerai. that is why after looking @ so many different models and be confused so many times. it is the one i would like to get as i would like to have a panerai in my collection.

the tribute to polaris is truly a classic, the quick set date, the alarm.......
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

true true...

I think the most important factor of which one to get (first) is price...

Since you can get a price you cannot resist for daytona, go for it! It is a watch that demand is always higher than supply... when times are good, price will shot up again and you will not bear to pay a premium of it....

I agree that 233 is the most beautiful pam now. But at $16k, I think you can get it anytime...

the tribute to polaris is truly a classic. I think you should wait for another 10 years before getting that watch... sorry, but it is so classic that it looks like you are wearing your grandpa watch on your wrist...

the daytona has always been considered my holy grail. due to its high price, i never bought it. however, last year i came across the lowest price i have seen for a daytona in years. im currently waiting for one of my AD to confirm that i will offered a price i cannot resist.

the 233 is what i call a AIO in panerai. that is why after looking @ so many different models and be confused so many times. it is the one i would like to get as i would like to have a panerai in my collection.

the tribute to polaris is truly a classic, the quick set date, the alarm.......

Comment

forgot to add that this polaris edition is limited in production......

that is why it is abit of a headache....

one is truly one time production in dunno how many years while the one is best price i have been lookin for in 10 years. the last one limited production in a certain way. so i guess, the 233 can wait....

so now is left with daytona and polaris.....

Originally posted by 116520 View Post

the tribute to polaris is truly a classic. I think you should wait for another 10 years before getting that watch... sorry, but it is so classic that it looks like you are wearing your grandpa watch on your wrist...

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

Unless you can get the Daytona at list...I would strike it out...

Which will leave the Pam 233 and Tribute to Polaris...That my view is abit bias...so I would leave that to you.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

haha... triton... me paiseh... not experience to give advice... ok why not if I am in this position now...hmmmm...

I will get the polaris.. LE, alarm, what is there not to want...then again.. of course if the price for daytona is really good... then headache

Comment

true true...

I think the most important factor of which one to get (first) is price...

Since you can get a price you cannot resist for daytona, go for it! It is a watch that demand is always higher than supply... when times are good, price will shot up again and you will not bear to pay a premium of it....

I agree that 233 is the most beautiful pam now. But at $16k, I think you can get it anytime...

"But at $16k, I think you can get it anytime... " you sure about this? from ADs or private dealers...? 16k possible but anytime i may disagree with you..

forgot to add that this polaris edition is limited in production......

that is why it is abit of a headache....

one is truly one time production in dunno how many years while the one is best price i have been lookin for in 10 years. the last one limited production in a certain way. so i guess, the 233 can wait....

so now is left with daytona and polaris.....
                          any watch can wait,only matters if you okay with the price later.

Comment

Not from AD... AD no stock at this moment....

Last time I check with Watch Arena, got one at $16k but now sold, if I want, I think they can get for me

Originally posted by louie View Post
                            "But at $16k, I think you can get it anytime... " you sure about this? from ADs or private dealers...? 16k possible but anytime i may disagree with you..

any watch can wait,only matters if you okay with the price later.

Comment

Not from AD... AD no stock at this moment....

Last time I check with Watch Arena, got one at $16k but now sold, if I want, I think they can get for me
                              yeah i call WA they told me sold...non-AD shops priced abt 16k++..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X