Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different discount rates given by ADs

ADs give different discount rates depending on your relationship with them
    and part of SE's salaries came from the commissions earned from selling the watches. So, if an AD give a discount of say between 20 to 25% on a watch, does it mean that a higher discount will eat into the SE's commission or his commission will remain the same regardless of the rate of discount given by the AD.

Would any of our SG-ROC members who are in the know care to comment as I would feel rather bad if as a result of my hard bargaining, the SE would earned less commission instead of his 'standard' commission if he were to sell the watch to me at the 'standard' discount rate.

It will affect their commission...if not they will just give gd prices to all the customers wad...haha

Aiyah if u feel paiseh...sure kena chopped carrot head 1...must thick skin abit. That's sales! If they are willing to let go at lower price within their "means" then gd for you gd for the SA. The SA may get lesser comm but at least still got sales.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

If feel bad why bargain in the first place ?
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        If feel bad why bargain in the first place ?
        To bargain for anything is our local culture, that u can't help it. But to bargain so hard such that the SE has got no choice but to sell it to u in order to accumulate enough so-called sales quotas for the month to safeguard his rice bowl, IMHO is pretty cruel.

My thinking is that as long as the price quoted is within your budget for the watch, there is no need to bargain the price down further (obviously to your advantage), leaving only the bones for the SE to pick it up. However, if driving down the price does not hurt the SE's commission, then u should go all the way as the ADs are big enough to absorb the price difference.

BTW I am not in the watch industry. Just my 2 cents worth of observation.

Comment

Originally posted by dennlow View Post
          But to bargain so hard such that the SE has got no choice but to sell it to u in order to accumulate enough so-called sales quotas for the month to safeguard his rice bowl, IMHO is pretty cruel.
          Isn't not meeting his sales quota worse and jeopardizing his ricebowl worse?

Comment

im not sure how do the watch industry SE salary structure. but i guess it is not much different from other industry where sales is concern. basic pay is there. then it either depends on individual sales and team performance sales. if entire team hits a certain quota, they may get a higher % cut compared to just their individual sales quota.

to me i just bargain all the way. after all, it is my hard earn money. to me it is better to give better discount in hope that the customer will return. in this way, earn less but long term....alternatively, earn more give standard discount, no long term. so it is the SE experience to judge whether this customer is a one off purchase or going to be repeat customer.

this explains why for say a particular brand and particular model, buyer A can get 20% while buyer B can get 25% and better still buyer C gets 30%. so it boils down to the judgement call by SE. however, sometimes when SE need to meet sales target, they may just simply offer 30% to entice the customer to buy.

so it is not solely just because u have a better relationship with your SE that you get better discount. other factors may come into considerations as well. however, having good relationships with your SE has perks as well. sometimes u get to priority to special pieces, watch events, etc....
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

If i can remember, the salary of "one of the sales personnel" was listed as $2150. Not too sure on the commission though.
              Him:
              116520 V series/ 16750 M series /Franck Muller GPC (Red Ergal)/ Nubeo Black Jellyfish (Orange)/ Chopard Mille Miglia 2005 LTD ED/ Tudor Hydronaut II/ Tag Heuer Kirium/ Tag Heuer Formula 1/ Longines 36184566/ Tissot PRS 200 (Michael Owen LTD ED)/ Louis Erard Asymmetric/ Orient

Her:
              AP Ladies Royal Oak 2140/ 178240 Z series/ Chopard Happy Black Valentine LTD ED/ Chopard Be Mad LTD ED/ Omega Speedmaster/ Bvlgari Carbon Gold (Moscow) LTD ED/ Tag Heuer Link/ Locman Tenderheart/ B & M

Comment

From what i know..comm is about the same as property agent for private home...dun hav the say numbers right? that shld be the basic comm

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post
                  If i can remember, the salary of "one of the sales personnel" was listed as $2150. Not too sure on the commission though.
                  And that was the basic pay for a SENIOR SE. I shudder to think what would be the basic pay of the junior SE where I believe a major part of their take home pay would be from commissions earned. In the current economic crisis, many of the SE would be eating grass.

Comment

And that was the basic pay for a SENIOR SE. I shudder to think what would be the basic pay of the junior SE where I believe a major part of their take home pay would be from commissions earned. In the current economic crisis, many of the SE would be eating grass.
                    Junior should be ard 1k ...

Comment

basic of $2150 is only "appetizer" main course is reported to be 10k...

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                        Dessert is not reported

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                          Probably true when times are good but now... very doubtful...maybe a few outstanding ones but definitely not the majority.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X