No announcement yet.

part 3 Collecting watches !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought now people like their watches sticking out of their cuff? hee hee...

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
    Actually diameter size of dress watches is not the issue. Rather, its the movement thickness (or thinnes in this case).

A black tie dress watch will imply black/white face with simple 2 hands or at most a 3 handed with sweep seconds or sub seconds hand. Eg, Piaget Altiplano or JLC Master Ultra Thin.

A daily dress watch should also be thin, like the Lange 1815 or Saxonia.

A thin movement and case allows for the watch to slip under the cuff without problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      I thought now people like their watches sticking out of their cuff? hee hee...
      Ha ha, then its a matter of choice and whether you want to be a old fart or the new trendy!

Comment

I like my watch to look very simple... Like those type that doesn't look expensive... I dunno why...

When my colleagues who doesn't know much about the watch ask me what watch is that ah? how much ah... I just reply... normal la... about 7K only... hahahah

Regarding where and how I wear it... I dont really care

At the end of the day. Watches are still just accessories.. Just like bags, diamonds, pendants...

Just that our watches hold their value at least...

Just be happy and enjoy it. At least in my opinion, I do not think why we need to bother about the trend or how other people see or think.

Comment

i agree with you that it is a personal choice how you want to wear the watch and what kind of attire you want to go with your watch

some watches are just accessories, however some watches are beyond just accessories, they are 'status symbol' in a way.

not all watches hold their value. some hold value to a certain extent, some will appreciate over time. some basically lose their value the moment you buy it.

some people are bothered. brands are bothered, i think when i first saw the hublot all black, i was like so dark, so hard to tell the time. but now, stealth look seems to be in thing. like sinn who recently launch the stealth look. JLC is also launching their stealth look, AP did it with survivor......

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
          Regarding where and how I wear it... I dont really care

At the end of the day. Watches are still just accessories.. Just like bags, diamonds, pendants...

Just that our watches hold their value at least...

Just be happy and enjoy it. At least in my opinion, I do not think why we need to bother about the trend or how other people see or think.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

wow ! so many people read this !!! thank u ! thank u !

yes watches besides telling time to some is an accessories so the feel good factor is important ! to collectors they are usually more fussy they want good resale value,prestige image,even solid presentation of the boxes(since we paid so much),good in-house movement,comfortable bracelet,good after-sale service(cheap servicing),good readability(dial & anti glared coating on both sides of crystal, etc etc etc !
            not every1 can afford to have a few pieces of luxury watches ,that was why IMHO i suggested in my earlier writting that if u only need 1 watch get a tool watch with gmt function,chrono(if u need) & high water resistance with bracelet(dun have to change strap even 2-3 years),btw a tool watch means a sport watch........in case kana again !

just joking !

once again thanks for reading & sharing guys !

one man's poison is another man's meat !!!
            The hardest thing in life is making the 1st million CASH !
            The 2nd hardest thing in life is not spending it !
            The 3rd hardest thing in life is get the whole family together for a simple dinner !

Comment

Yes,i agree with u that if u can only afford 1 watch then that watch must come with bracelet & at least 200 m wr best is with gmt & chronograph fuction plus alarm ! but too bad such a mechanical watch does not exist !
              but the Sinn series 144gmt,103utc,356 utc,756 utc,757 & the Graham Grand Silverstone seems to fit the profile plus an IWC gst alarm(refine & loud alarm)
              or a Revue Thommen Cricket(the loudest alarm)will do the job nicely !!!
              But then again that is 2 watches ha!ha!!!But u will not have to sell your wife & kids in order to own them !

thanks for sharing your knowledge & experience with us !

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X