Manual Winding Watches... Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    then have a cabinet of winders, casuse u say no more space for addditional winders..

sounds like you got quite a number of manual winding watches.
    not many lah... only 4 manual (2 of them vintages around 50 to 60 years and still working fine)... alot of automatics... total collection to date is 28 watches...

Some of these watches got sentimental values like those passed dow by my uncles and my father...

Comment

my is a small collection only, saw one of my colleague, who is well into his 50s, he has a cabinet storing watches... But i guess, the passion is still the same... its never about how many we own... its about the passion...

Comment

sounds like patek slogan......

Originally posted by sportee View Post
        But i guess, the passion is still the same... its never about how many we own... its about the passion...
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Personally, i am used to the routine of winding up my manual watches every night when they are in use and I actually enjoy the process of setting time, winding watches, wiping them with my cleaning cloth, etc.
          运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            sounds like patek slogan......
            halo bro, PP slogan is "you don't actually own a patek, you just passed it down to the next generation"...

Correct me if i am wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
              Personally, i am used to the routine of winding up my manual watches every night when they are in use and I actually enjoy the process of setting time, winding watches, wiping them with my cleaning cloth, etc.
              Hahaha... seems like we have the same routine...

except that i always hear this at night:

"dear, what time already, what are you doing. u need to work tomorrow you know. Can you just leave them (watches) alone and go to bed, you are paid a lot to look after them issit? you don sleep now later you go and sleep with your 2 dogs".....

Sigh...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X