Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part 2 Thing u need to know when collecting watches !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part 2 Thing u need to know when collecting watches !

Hi there ! Am free to write again guys ! For those of u who never read what i have written earlier pls do so if not u will be lost ! I have covered watch brands in general ,if u notice i purposely left out Rolex ! As Rolex is very often rated as a class by itself ! Either u loved it or hate it ! Some swear by it some stay far away from it !
    Which ever the case , it is still the most reconise timepiece in Asia ! And the Submariner is the world's most popular sport watch(u dun have to agree with me) same goes for the rest of their sport range model eg. Daytona,Yachtmaster,Seadweller,GMT Master,Explorer 2,Explorer 1
    they have their loyal supporters/collectors.
    In the pre-own market rolex prices are also quite firm & stable & therefore all the more people respect the brand.
    There was a saying 15 years ago when I just started collecting watches that u will not lose money when u collect a 2nd hand rolex sport model as it will appreciates 5-8% each year ! And u know what ? It is true !
    Among all the watches that I have owned before Rolex produces the best watch case against water resistance,with a screw down rear back case although not necessary the best looking nor finest finishing (there are many complains regarding the sharp lungs)
    That is why,after 20-30 years if well maintained a Rolex can still beats with pride.keeping moisture out !
    Secondly,Rolex produces 1 of the most robust,tough,minimum maintaneous,reliable steel automatic winding movement in the world ! cal.3135......a steady 28,800 bph,50 over hours power reserve,using a breguet spring,u basically can go to war with it !
    So far I have shared the things I like about the brand now let me do some negative feedback !
    There are 2 things they can improve on, introduce some anti-glaring/reflection coating on the crystal & i hate the window at the 3 o'clock as it traps dirt & get knocks pretty often !
    I like the improvment made on the new bracelet as besides looking good it is very comfortable too ! So much better compared to the old bracelet as the old bracelet is abit cheapo looking !
    So say what u want about Rolex,they will always have a special place in my collection & I will always respect its" place in the horological world ! Again as i have mentioned these are just my 5 cents worth............
    thanks for reading guys !
    The hardest thing in life is making the 1st million CASH !
    The 2nd hardest thing in life is not spending it !
    The 3rd hardest thing in life is get the whole family together for a simple dinner !

Well said bro.... nice read..

This is almost like a...... love confession 'qing shu'...
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

WOT! hahaha

Nice read...eyes almost came out reading it..no paragraphing! haha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

not really true lar..those who had bought sub lv a couple of years back will be making a massive loss if they flip off now...hahaha....
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

nice literary work albeit a little biased towards the brand.

what feilong said abt the LV is very true. i recall being offered 9k for an LV sometime in early 2008, tempted as I was, i held back. then in dec 08, it was 7.4k. gosh, difference of 1.5k within a yr, that's even faster than how c***bank shares almost became penny stocks.
          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
          "Foreign affections"
          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
          What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
            nice literary work albeit a little biased towards the brand.

what feilong said abt the LV is very true. i recall being offered 9k for an LV sometime in early 2008, tempted as I was, i held back. then in dec 08, it was 7.4k. gosh, difference of 1.5k within a yr, that's even faster than how c***bank shares almost became penny stocks.
            though not penny stocks, those people that bought it a year ago would be vomitting blood by now...

Comment

Interesting read ... thks for sharing
              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Thanks for reading !

thanks for reading & feedback guys !
                The hardest thing in life is making the 1st million CASH !
                The 2nd hardest thing in life is not spending it !
                The 3rd hardest thing in life is get the whole family together for a simple dinner !

Comment

rolex is rated as a class by itself? in what way?

where u get ur fact - submariner is the world's most popular sport watch? i certainly dont agree with u unless u got some figures to show.
                  is rolex preown price stable? over the past 6 months, prices have been easing off due to economic situations.

it is the window @ 3o'clock position aka the magnifying glass that is a trademark of rolex. without the maginifying glass, it is not a 'trademark' rolex.

Originally posted by timefreak2000 View Post
                  Hi there ! Am free to write again guys ! For those of u who never read what i have written earlier pls do so if not u will be lost ! I have covered watch brands in general ,if u notice i purposely left out Rolex ! As Rolex is very often rated as a class by itself ! Either u loved it or hate it ! Some swear by it some stay far away from it !
                  Which ever the case , it is still the most reconise timepiece in Asia ! And the Submariner is the world's most popular sport watch(u dun have to agree with me) same goes for the rest of their sport range model eg. Daytona,Yachtmaster,Seadweller,GMT Master,Explorer 2,Explorer 1
                  they have their loyal supporters/collectors.
                  In the pre-own market rolex prices are also quite firm & stable & therefore all the more people respect the brand.
                  There was a saying 15 years ago when I just started collecting watches that u will not lose money when u collect a 2nd hand rolex sport model as it will appreciates 5-8% each year ! And u know what ? It is true !
                  Among all the watches that I have owned before Rolex produces the best watch case against water resistance,with a screw down rear back case although not necessary the best looking nor finest finishing (there are many complains regarding the sharp lungs)
                  That is why,after 20-30 years if well maintained a Rolex can still beats with pride.keeping moisture out !
                  Secondly,Rolex produces 1 of the most robust,tough,minimum maintaneous,reliable steel automatic winding movement in the world ! cal.3135......a steady 28,800 bph,50 over hours power reserve,using a breguet spring,u basically can go to war with it !
                  So far I have shared the things I like about the brand now let me do some negative feedback !
                  There are 2 things they can improve on, introduce some anti-glaring/reflection coating on the crystal & i hate the window at the 3 o'clock as it traps dirt & get knocks pretty often !
                  I like the improvment made on the new bracelet as besides looking good it is very comfortable too ! So much better compared to the old bracelet as the old bracelet is abit cheapo looking !
                  So say what u want about Rolex,they will always have a special place in my collection & I will always respect its" place in the horological world ! Again as i have mentioned these are just my 5 cents worth............
                  thanks for reading guys !
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Sub might not be the most popular sport watch in the world but I am sure anyone who see a sub sure know it is a Rolex!!!

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    rolex is rated as a class by itself? in what way?

where u get ur fact - submariner is the world's most popular sport watch? i certainly dont agree with u unless u got some figures to show.
                    is rolex preown price stable? over the past 6 months, prices have been easing off due to economic situations.

it is the window @ 3o'clock position aka the magnifying glass that is a trademark of rolex. without the maginifying glass, it is not a 'trademark' rolex.

Comment

what i know is that the production for rolex a year is much more than wat PP had produced since the company was incepted...

Comment

cool ! i enjoyed reading this ! thanks for sharing timefreak !

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X