10 sales tactics that don’t work on me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derick View Post
    Seems that now days human are more difficult to communicate.
    I prefer to deal with humans with human courtesy.

Clocking
    Ah bro no worry. Pm can that's why admin created pm, for members to communicate. Let me share my lousy story, i saw one bro showcase his PAM270, I was so crazy want to know more info. This what i do, i was so paiseh PM member that no ideal who i am, asking him about His PAM270 but he was so nice reply with all kind info that i need. You see Ah bro,no sales but can Pm.

Not only buyer prefer to deal with humans with human courtesy.
    That's why seller prefer PM, to deal with humans with human courtesy.
    Sales needs some words to impress buyers, sometime works sometime not at all.
    Me as seller play a part to close handsome deal, me as buyer play a part to bargain handsome deal. Sales tactics not only happen at this cyber forum, you can see in real life everywhere for example, 50% discount, mega sales, free gift, $1 down payment, lowest price, many more Sales tactics out there. Why need all that, can just post sales, price, info, pic, PM or HP. Why need all that, can just put price, why need sales man. Because not easy to close a simple deal, even the price lower as good price.

Seller do what is take just to close the deal, shop do what is take just to push the sales. As buyer i need to know is the price acceptable, is this what I looking for. If sales tactics don't meet your requirement, just walk away, don't make enemy, move on another day for better deal.

Comment

an enlightened shopper

Originally posted by clocking View Post
      Me as seller play a part to close handsome deal, me as buyer play a part to bargain handsome deal. Sales tactics not only happen at this cyber forum, you can see in real life everywhere for example, 50% discount, mega sales, free gift, $1 down payment, lowest price, many more Sales tactics out there. Why need all that, can just post sales, price, info, pic, PM or HP. Why need all that, can just put price, why need sales man. Because not easy to close a simple deal, even the price lower as good price.

Seller do what is take just to close the deal, shop do what is take just to push the sales. As buyer i need to know is the price acceptable, is this what I looking for. If sales tactics don't meet your requirement, just walk away, don't make enemy, move on another day for better deal.

Comment

Originally posted by clocking View Post

This is the best comment in this thread that I've seen. Being neutral and not biased is the most important to forge good relationship. We are both seller and buyer at the same time so just need to act with basic decency and walk away amicably if the deal doesn't happen.

Comment

Thanks to all for all your comments.

Expressing/Sharing a view or opinion is part of what a social forum is about. So agreements and disagreements are perfectly fine and are the expected outcome of such a topic. Like some have said, agree to disagree. However, when my intention is called into question or being misunderstood, expect me to clarify.

@ ngage - Being neutral means not taking/supporting any side, so I can't see how you are more neutral than me or anyone else who agrees or disagrees with my opinion in this thread. And, if voicing a view that some others share is being bias, what do you describe dismissing a view that at least up till now seems to gather more agreement than disagreement?

Originally posted by ngage View Post
          This is the best comment in this thread that I've seen. Being neutral and not biased is the most important to forge good relationship. We are both seller and buyer at the same time so just need to act with basic decency and walk away amicably if the deal doesn't happen.
          I agree this thread is perhaps not the best mean to forge good relationship, but neither is this meant to create enemies like some try to make it out to be.

Again, my apology to all who feels offended.
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
            I am constantly looking out for good buys at the sales garage of the various forums, and like many of you, I have by now come across countless of sale threads over the years. While I appreciate sales threads that have clear, detailed descriptions on the thread title and content and come with pictures, I find the following tactics/words used in some threads often unnecessary and don’t work on me.

(Numbers used in the $ and % are just examples)

Thread title

1) ‘Rare’
            How rare is rare? I ever read an article about watch collection in which the author wrote that no watch with a production number more than 100 should be considered rare, and I share that opinion. Very few modern-day watches are rare, if we disregard those super expensive watches that only millionaires would buy. Does rare always mean good? Some watches, or a certain variant/colour of watches are uncommon often because they are so ugly and/or unpopular that very few were sold.

2) ‘Fire sale’
            Yes I know it doesn't mean there was actually a fire but please don’t smoke people with such thread title when the price is really quite so-so.

3) ‘Grab it now’
            Similar to the last one. Usually follows after the word “rare” or “cheap” but more likely to disappoint than excite.

4) ‘Below $500’
            Of course this means high side and not low side of $400+. Gimmick.

5) ‘Only $5XX’
            Please just say $599 on the thread title and save everyone’s time. *&^%$#@!

Thread content

6) ‘Last offer is $5000’
            I have expressed my view about this before and I still hate it. Whether the said offer is real or not, it’s almost like bidding and in my opinion disrespectful to the person who makes the offer.

7) ‘40% saving’
            Example: A 10 years old watch selling at $6K. Current “retail price” (list price) is $10K so you “save” 40%. Actually the list price of the watch 10 years ago was $8K and was sold at 25% discount, i.e. $6K.

8) ‘Watch will be withdrawn if not sold by this weekend’
            Would such statement hurry potential buyers into making offer? I doubt so. If anything, maybe some would wait to see if the seller would eventually reduce the price under the pressure of his own deadline. Funny thing is, some watches were still on sales after the deadline.

9) ‘No low baller please’
            Hmm, I am not sure what is considered a low ball, but I better not make an offer…

10) ‘Price is firm’
            I am not too sure about this one. I actually feel that if one is really firm about the asking price, it is better to state that than not to state that and then reply “sorry my price is fixed” to every offer. The key word is “really firm”. I myself had used this at least once before and eventually I had to eat my own words and revised the price. A watch kaki told me that he gets turned off by such “price is firm” clause and will give such sales a pass. Singaporeans love to bargain. It makes us feel like an idiot to buy something without negotiating, hor?

As usual my honest opinions for the sake of sharing and discussion. For those who feel offended - my sincere apology.

Well said...
            Desire & Craving will never end, save some cash for the rainy day. Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

This is cool: " Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one ".
              Desire & Craving will never end, save some cash for the rainy day. Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Nice thread. For me, the 2 commonly used sales tactics which I will skip the sale thread:

1. MWTS - Either you want to sell or don't sell. WTF is might want to sell.

2. My loss is your gain - Lol.. speechless..

Comment

This one leh? Will draw your attention boh?

Woah lau ehh!!! Sibeh duaki ahh!!!

Comment

Nah, thats trying too hard & totally weird, a simple bikini babe would do fine.
                    Originally posted by Ed.YEO View Post
                    This one leh? Will draw your attention boh?

Woah lau ehh!!! Sibeh duaki ahh!!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X