No announcement yet.

Would you buy this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe even a SUPER dome crystal.....like those found on early rolex subs.......

Comment

+1 agree with triton on this
      Originally posted by triton View Post
      as a diver, i like the inner rotating bezel.

additional comments

Comment

I really liked the overall look of the last picture!! will buy once its out, 500 i think is affordable if the finishing is good... But i really hope the z logo on the dial be changed to the anchor. Maybe you can make the obscillating weight into a more anchor looking like design? then you have a trademark that represents your anchor logo to put at your dial

Comment

i like the last one! but could you make the last one with the anchor logo on tha dial? and maybe you can change the obscillating weight to a more anchor looking shape? then you have a trademark for your brand and a meaning behind your anchor logo placed on the dial ^^

Comment

It's always great that we have home grown brands....like azimuth.

Some points to ponder....

1) Is it going to be a sports or dress watch? Don't be caught in between or try to be a all-in watch. Most decerning watch lover would differentiate. Those who wants a all-in won't be your target clients, they will go for the $200 Japanese brands.

2) If it's using bronze,, then more likely sports, the closed lugs make it look more classy than rugged. There is inconsistency.

3) If you think likely buyers are Pam owners or would-be Pam owners, then a 24mm lug make sense for them. The benefit of mounting their collection of straps. Not many would spend $200 each strap for a $500 watch. With not much opportunity to play with strap, people may think twice on the watch. Strap playing is part of Pam appeal.

4) Clean simple dials beat more complicated dials, generally.

All the best.

Comment

The date wheel colour follow the dial colour.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Originally posted by dammonekind View Post
                Great stuff and thumbs up. Good to see that there is big dreams in this little red dot......he he he. I am in for Bronze case. For me hidden lugs and inner rotating bezel gives a vintage dive watch look. The case design is good looking especially the grooves in between. I will defiantly support you if it becomes available. Oh almost forgot....It will be great if there is an option for a doomed crystal too.....
                Heh the hidden lugs design was popular in the 1970s thats why the vintage look. I added the grooves in to give it a more modern to keep up with the times

Dome crystal could be added too but it might make the watch look a bit too vintage. Could add that later though as its quite an easy tsk

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
                I would love to see a doom crystal.

A blue colour dial.

Through holes for the lugs, make strap change easy.

I prefer a clean cut watch case. I don't quite like watch case with so many groves (e.g. the groves at the crown side and its opposite) as they will accumulate dirt.

I'm not sure price at SGD$500 will be attractive for buyers as there are a lot of well
                establish micro brands out there.

I wish you all the best and I would love to own a make in Singapore watch.
                I did try a blue dial for the bronze but it doesn't really match the color of the metal well imho. It works wonderfully for steel though so I'll definitely have that as one of the dial choices if i make steel cases.

Price wise I tried to price it at the lowest end of other micro brands offering bronze watches. As far as i found its about the cheapest right now

Originally posted by eudoxia View Post
                +1 agree with triton on this
                Heh i agree too, have fixed the length of that for the final drawings made to scale..

Originally posted by KimSheng View Post
                i like the last one! but could you make the last one with the anchor logo on tha dial? and maybe you can change the obscillating weight to a more anchor looking shape? then you have a trademark for your brand and a meaning behind your anchor logo placed on the dial ^^
                Haha I'm afraid the anchor doesn't really mean anything and more for decoration I wanted to have a modified rotor shape too but the manufacturer couldn't do it so it would've been too much trouble to source for one separately.

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                It's always great that we have home grown brands....like azimuth.

Some points to ponder....

1) Is it going to be a sports or dress watch? Don't be caught in between or try to be a all-in watch. Most decerning watch lover would differentiate. Those who wants a all-in won't be your target clients, they will go for the $200 Japanese brands.

2) If it's using bronze,, then more likely sports, the closed lugs make it look more classy than rugged. There is inconsistency.

3) If you think likely buyers are Pam owners or would-be Pam owners, then a 24mm lug make sense for them. The benefit of mounting their collection of straps. Not many would spend $200 each strap for a $500 watch. With not much opportunity to play with strap, people may think twice on the watch. Strap playing is part of Pam appeal.

4) Clean simple dials beat more complicated dials, generally.

All the best.
                Thanks for the insights! Here's my thoughts..feel free to correct me

1) It is targeted as a sports watch without being overly brash about it(thick chunky diver styles). I think there's some market for desk diver watches which can look sleek and sporty

2) Closed lugs were actually popular with 1970s divers and also used with stuff like hublot/LW so it might not be that dressy i think. That being said, I'm working on making an open lugs one so maybe that would fit better

3) I did try out a 24mm lug width at first but the design ended up quite strange haha.

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
                The date wheel colour follow the dial colour.
                Ah i'm afraid that's a manufacturing limitation as the date wheels are supplied by miyota and it wouldn't be viable to change the color for the number of dials I'm making
                Cheers!

Comment

Actually I like the groove design. Something different and helps to reduce the weight of the watch (could be a plus or minus I know).

Strips on a diver's dial (in fact on any type of watch) not my cup of tea. Also the extra lines on the hour/minute hands add unnecessary busy imo. Both these could make the watch slightly less readable. A bronze watch is unlikely to be a daily beater so date may not be necessary. Like kck says, cleaner dial is better.

Auto miyota (or even a ETA) movement not so interesting to look at, and the see thru caseback might also compromise water resistance to some extent. I would rather have a solid caseback with some interesting aqua-theme engraving, like an artistic merlion next to a diver or something
                  Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Bro, would suggest that you bring some prototype to the next gathering, let us have a feel of what it is like!

But overall, nice idea, great designs. Would be willing to pay if it is $400-ish for the bronze.

P.S. If you happened to produce this watch, would be nice if you have those serial numbers. And save a nice number for me (like #000, #001, #008, #088)
                    Hahaha and if you need any help, I'll be more than willing to provide any assistance since I'm pretty free after my A Levels while awaiting my enlistment

Cheers, and all the best!
                    "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

Originally posted by Tricolore View Post
                      Bro, would suggest that you bring some prototype to the next gathering, let us have a feel of what it is like!

But overall, nice idea, great designs. Would be willing to pay if it is $400-ish for the bronze.

P.S. If you happened to produce this watch, would be nice if you have those serial numbers. And save a nice number for me (like #000, #001, #008, #088)
                      Hahaha and if you need any help, I'll be more than willing to provide any assistance since I'm pretty free after my A Levels while awaiting my enlistment

Cheers, and all the best!
                      Why should you be given privilege for nice serial number leh? You gonna buy 10 pcs?
                      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                        Why should you be given privilege for nice serial number leh? You gonna buy 10 pcs?
                        Hahah bro, reserve first mah :P

Quoted from the movie "Margin Call": "In order to succeed, you need to either be first, be smarter, or cheat. Obviously I don't cheat, and while I'd like to think that we have some smart people over here, it would be a hell lot easier to be first."
                        "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

+1 on the solid case back for the miyota movement.
                          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

I would love to bring a prototype to the gathering but that might come at a later date. It usually takes a month or longer to be made

For the display back i thought of offering something you don't really find on most boutique watches which would be PVD and engraved rotor

Comment

By request from many forumers here's a drawing(no texture/colors yet) of the case with open lugs. Do let me know which you prefer! (First one with curved ends, 2nd one with straight ends or the original hidden lugs)

Curved ends

Straight ends

Comment

Curved ends. More symmetrical to the dial curves. The straight ends just doesnt go with the bezel shape.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X