Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy this?

Hello guys!

As some of you know I've been into watches for awhile now and its been a passion of mine. Having just graduated a couple months back I began to explore the idea of starting my own brand of watches and would love your opinions on the designs. Good/Bad all are welcome I'll like to hear which dial colors are your fave too!

Bronze was chosen for a case due to the unique patina which develops. I have always loved the patina coupled with a nicely made vintage leather strap which just makes it look antique

I know alot of you guys love the hardcore diver look but these are a tad common in the microbrand market Hence I decided to go for a sleeker design with internal diver bezel which is slightly less common. Hidden lugs also tend to accommodate puny asian wrists better(like mine hehe)

Steel is an option also if I get enough interest in them! Included a rendering just to get an idea of how it might look in steel

Some of the important specs are
    -CuSn8 Bronze
    -Sapphire crystal front and back
    -Miyota 9015 movement with PVD rotor and logo (Newer 28800 bph movement with hacking and winding comparable to the venerable eta 2824)
    -10ATM WR
    -44mm diameter
    -22mm lugs which should fit most thick leather straps
    -316L SS Crown and caseback (to prevent contact with the skin)
    -C3 Lume

Pricing wise it should be a tad below the $500 mark

PS. In case anyone's wondering what the brand is, its "Zelos" which is greek for zeal/enthusiasm which is the primary reason why I'm starting out in this

First up, the spec sheet

Here's the proposed rotor design

A shot in steel

This is another design I was considering, do chime in if you like this more!

Bronze
    52.63%
    Steel
    47.37%

The 3rd pic, bronze with brown strap looks really good. The silver bezel picture, hmmm, i feel the lugs a tad too "fat" in comparison to the dial. Dial is a little busy, probably can tone down on the colors used for the outer mins. Personally, I feel you can just use the Z logo first to cut down on the clutter.

Comment

Great aspirations!!! Have to try on first to see if the watch speaks
      To me.. All the best!!!
      Current babies:
      Sub 16610LN D series
      PAM 312 M series
      IWC 500112 Laureus Limited Edition

Wish list:
      116613LB?
      a good White dial watch

Comment

the rose gold i like!

Comment

i like the name zelos (biased as im into greek mythology)

i prefer the bronze case as i dont have a bronze case watch.

i like the side profile of the watch (opposite the crown side)

few other things, rather than using logo and Z logo, i would prefer the anchor as seen engrave on the case back rotor.

noticed that the picture showing case back, the case material is bronze, but the see through case back is combination of glass and steel? will the finish product be like this too?

the price stated is 500, is it in USD or SGD or EURO or other currency?

noticed that there are 2 different dial design. i wont choose the 'stripe' dial

Originally posted by et88 View Post
          Hello guys!

As some of you know I've been into watches for awhile now and its been a passion of mine. Having just graduated a couple months back I began to explore the idea of starting my own brand of watches and would love your opinions on the designs. Good/Bad all are welcome I'll like to hear which dial colors are your fave too!

Bronze was chosen for a case due to the unique patina which develops. I have always loved the patina coupled with a nicely made vintage leather strap which just makes it look antique

I know alot of you guys love the hardcore diver look but these are a tad common in the microbrand market Hence I decided to go for a sleeker design with internal diver bezel which is slightly less common. Hidden lugs also tend to accommodate puny asian wrists better(like mine hehe)

Steel is an option also if I get enough interest in them! Included a rendering just to get an idea of how it might look in steel

Some of the important specs are
          -CuSn8 Bronze
          -Sapphire crystal front and back
          -Miyota 9015 movement with PVD rotor and logo (Newer 28800 bph movement with hacking and winding comparable to the venerable eta 2824)
          -10ATM WR
          -44mm diameter
          -22mm lugs which should fit most thick leather straps
          -316L SS Crown and caseback (to prevent contact with the skin)
          -C3 Lume

Pricing wise it should be a tad below the $500 mark

PS. In case anyone's wondering what the brand is, its "Zelos" which is greek for zeal/enthusiasm which is the primary reason why I'm starting out in this

First up, the spec sheet

Here's the proposed rotor design

A shot in steel

This is another design I was considering, do chime in if you like this more!

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

agree with you. have to try on.

Originally posted by kadios View Post
            Great aspirations!!! Have to try on first to see if the watch speaks
            To me.. All the best!!!
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Like the inner bezel design.Dun really like the hidden Lugless look. Lug width better at 24mm, so PAM guys can use their straps.

My 2 cents.P.

Comment

have to try on the real thing
                which shop selling

Comment

Originally posted by visvim View Post
                  The 3rd pic, bronze with brown strap looks really good. The silver bezel picture, hmmm, i feel the lugs a tad too "fat" in comparison to the dial. Dial is a little busy, probably can tone down on the colors used for the outer mins. Personally, I feel you can just use the Z logo first to cut down on the clutter.
                  I actually tried 24mm lugs for the earlier renderings which I felt were too fat in the end. I think the very first photo is the most accurate in the terms of dimensions Also, the final dial will only have the Z symbol and internal bezel numerals will be lumed with c3

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  i like the name zelos (biased as im into greek mythology)

i prefer the bronze case as i dont have a bronze case watch.

i like the side profile of the watch (opposite the crown side)

few other things, rather than using logo and Z logo, i would prefer the anchor as seen engrave on the case back rotor.

noticed that the picture showing case back, the case material is bronze, but the see through case back is combination of glass and steel? will the finish product be like this too?

the price stated is 500, is it in USD or SGD or EURO or other currency?

noticed that there are 2 different dial design. i wont choose the 'stripe' dial
                  Great to hear you like some of it!

I'm afraid the anchor doesn't really have much meaning to it haha, just a decoration for the rotor only

Yes the case back is steel to prevent contact with the skin. Bronze tends to leave a greenish residue on skin if left in contact. Caseback will be sapphire also

Pricing wise will be $500SGD or around $400USD

Originally posted by problmchylde View Post
                  Like the inner bezel design.Dun really like the hidden Lugless look. Lug width better at 24mm, so PAM guys can use their straps.

My 2 cents.P.
                  My original plan was to go with 24mm too for the pam straps but I found it made the lugs too fat or the watch case would be too big (45-46mm). I realise hidden lugs aren't for everyone but can always do a next model!

Originally posted by gmt8300 View Post
                  have to try on the real thing
                  which shop selling
                  Not yet in production though, currently waiting for the sample to be finished which takes around a month. Will have some pictures up once they're in!

Comment

as a diver, i like the inner rotating bezel.

additional comments

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

well, if it comes wif traditional lugs, bronze case, sub $500 price tag.........may be a potential hit. P.

Comment

All looks good except the closed lugs.

Will have problem fixing thicker straps
                        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Haha seems like normal lugs are more popular! Give me a couple days and let me get a rendering out for it

Btw, hidden lugs should be able to accomodate 5mm thick straps so no worries with that

Comment

Great stuff and thumbs up. Good to see that there is big dreams in this little red dot......he he he. I am in for Bronze case. For me hidden lugs and inner rotating bezel gives a vintage dive watch look. The case design is good looking especially the grooves in between. I will defiantly support you if it becomes available. Oh almost forgot....It will be great if there is an option for a doomed crystal too.....

Comment

I would love to see a doom crystal.

A blue colour dial.

Through holes for the lugs, make strap change easy.

I prefer a clean cut watch case. I don't quite like watch case with so many groves (e.g. the groves at the crown side and its opposite) as they will accumulate dirt.

I'm not sure price at SGD$500 will be attractive for buyers as there are a lot of well
                              establish micro brands out there.

I wish you all the best and I would love to own a make in Singapore watch.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X