Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Around Warranty Issues...

Hi,

Guess at some point of time, a fair number of us have bought a watch from overseas and/or grey market.

We know Rolex and Richemont have no issues servicing the watches so long as the watch is genuine. Some other manufacturers though will request to see the warranty card.

Anyone know how one could get around the warranty issues?

just show them the warranty card. as long as AD stamp and dated you have nothing to fear.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

not quite sure what you trying to ask.

1) are you tryin to ask other other brands besides rolex and richemont insist on seeing the warranty card?

2) are you trying to ask if no warranty card, will other brands besides rolex and richemont still service the watch?

if there is no warranty card, then show receipt. if no reciept and no warranty card, i dont see why they wont want to service your watch. unless you are trying to ask if a watch has movement issues but the warranty has expired, how do you get the brand to service it for free....

Originally posted by Of Watches & Men View Post
      Hi,

Guess at some point of time, a fair number of us have bought a watch from overseas and/or grey market.

We know Rolex and Richemont have no issues servicing the watches so long as the watch is genuine. Some other manufacturers though will request to see the warranty card.

Anyone know how one could get around the warranty issues?
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Haha sorry kinda kuku today with much work issues

To be more specific, I have just gotten a Zenith without warranty card and receipt. Would there be any problem servicing it down the road? Does LVMH insist on seeing a valid warranty card?

When I sent in my Chronoswiss to change the deployant buckle, I got so many questions on where I got the watch, etc... Duh!!! All these for changing the deplyant buckle

Thanks, bros

Comment

To be more specific, I have just gotten a Zenith without warranty card and receipt. Would there be any problem servicing it down the road? Does LVMH insist on seeing a valid warranty card?

When I sent in my Chronoswiss to change the deployant buckle, I got so many questions on where I got the watch, etc... Duh!!! All these for changing the deplyant buckle

Thanks, bros
          Can service not a problem long as you pay....for any charges involved

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

i dont see a reason why LVMH wont service the watch if it is geniune.

maybe chronoswiss staff likes your watch, maybe want to verify that the watch is not stolen, there are many possibilities.

if i were you, i would ask is there a problem? why need to ask so many questions.

Thanks, bros
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              maybe chronoswiss staff likes your watch, maybe want to verify that the watch is not stolen, there are many possibilities.
              Maybe the uncle was bored and trying to talk to me...

Thanks, bros.

Lucky it's a Zenith and doesn't sell through Cortina... Lesser chance that it's stolen. Will test water when I bring in my other Zenith (with valid warranty card) for servicing next month.

Comment

LVMH no need warranty card
                [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

For example if I have a 6263 with box and undated paper. Say I bring it to RSC for some problem solving, and before I send in, I chop with today's date, can't do?

If 6263 too much, what about 16520? will the aunties there believe me?

Comment

actually they can track the year of production and sold date provided that the AD send back the information of the watch sold.

so an undated paper makes not much of difference..to me dated is ok...name field best left blank.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                    For example if I have a 6263 with box and undated paper. Say I bring it to RSC for some problem solving, and before I send in, I chop with today's date, can't do?

If 6263 too much, what about 16520? will the aunties there believe me?

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

ic ic... but current models normally they don't check so much... right?

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      actually they can track the year of production and sold date provided that the AD send back the information of the watch sold.

so an undated paper makes not much of difference..to me dated is ok...name field best left blank.

Comment

if for rolex, it is not that they dont check. they got records of watch being sent in for service. so even if someone sells u a watch that is undated, and it has been serviced before, they know. so there is no escaping....

that is why dated is ok. name field and address field best leave blank

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        ic ic... but current models normally they don't check so much... right?

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X