Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGD500 BILL FOR SEAFOOD DINNER: Tourist shocked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah loh! that guy who complaint.... shame on you!

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    How I wish our more fluent brothers here like e.g. Bro A.C.E or Darth, if either of you share the same view / sentiment, can write into the forum to voice this out.. also quoting sceario like Daytona prices etc... Seriously, paying a premium is relative and up to an individual to view if the value is reasonable or not what. For me, I WILL PAY for that bloody 30cm long prawn at the rate he quoted just to see how shiok it taste!!!

Why should one only KPKB after a verbal agreement, i.e. a binding contract is made? Why didin't he scout around for a cheaper rate before ordering then if he feels its too high.. he could have walked away right??

I know for a fact NEWTON charges alittle steep, but if you do your own leg work like what we do when shopping for watches, then you won't end up blaming ppl what... YOu are willing to be a carrot to kana chop, you can only blame yourself right???

Comment

Originally posted by Serpent View Post
      Ya lor Ang Mo complain got power, hmmm.... Any Ang Mo here? At least can stir some fun and see what they say.
      whilst i am not a true angmoh, i can certainly think like one afterall growing up in a whiteman land, it isnt hard
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

i do find the hawker prices in newton exorbitant. but then again, caveat emptor.
        i remember the time went with a friend, he ordered just one of these tiger prawns.. 8 bucks/100grams x around 400 grams the price was about 30+ dollars.
        when he paid i was shocked, but then, he knew that this was the price he would have to pay and he liked the super large size.

so for the 8 prawns, the price charged was about right i think. i also think that is the standard price for all the seafood places there, so i really dont know why they got suspended...think its just a case of NEA overeacting to the AM complaints as usual.

having said that, i wouldnt shed a tear if they closed down all the seafood stalls in newton. (maybe save for one, so i can still get my stingray).

Comment

but some stalls r a bit too much, last yr, my cousin took a few friends who stayed in sherton towers hotel over for supper, they went to a stall selling rojak and got charge for 2 plates at sin$10 !!!!!!! so my cousin ask them why so xxx and why overcharge !! " u japanese - no?' she was so pissed off, i think they just dump the 2 plates back at the stall and moved to another seat..i guess they showd the pink IC to the stall before he set some guys over to my cousin !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
            Ang Mo kpkb in singapore, we action so fast to please them.

Asian kpkb in Ang Mo country, they action very fast to kick you out.
            yup, TRue !!!! ask 1 jackass to nicely line-up in australia as so many was in the Q for the coffee , " chinese swine- go back to china"

Comment

Very sad...
              Originally posted by meluvpolaroid View Post
              yup, TRue !!!! ask 1 jackass to nicely line-up in australia as so many was in the Q for the coffee , " chinese swine- go back to china"

Comment

Originally posted by meluvpolaroid View Post
                then you ask the aussie to go back to pom land . afterall, aussie also not belong to "whites", but to the native people.

Sorry, maybe im getting too technical here.
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X