Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGD500 BILL FOR SEAFOOD DINNER: Tourist shocked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course they say that hawker sell expensive lah... competitor mah...that reporter also no brain one...

Originally posted by PeeCeeBee View Post
    I read the papers that some stall owners did relate that the prices charged are a little exhorbitant. So i guess there is an intention to inflate the price because the patrons are tourists.

Comment

I ate 4 big big bbq prawns in Phuket for $40+ SGD....ard $10+ for each prawn,,

I feel i already kenna chopped liaos... this is worst...
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
        Ask u to join gathering always busy, but have time to go dinner with XMM
        Ahemmmm.....till today i still call my wife XMM.....
        *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          I find there is no wrong doing for the hawker. The tourist should have check prices before ordering as most of the items are listed "seasonal". I don't think they were being "over-charged" as the hawker has to pay rent also. I had lunch at Goodwood Park Hotel this afternoon and they charged me $6.50 for a can of pepsi.... are they "over-charging" me? To me, no. To some other people, yes.
          You are right..maybe I didnt explain further. If you are drinking Pepsi at Goodwork Park and you paid S$6.50 for it, I am more than willing to pay for it. Why? because of the reputation the ambience I am sitting in.

Newton Food Centre is a hawker centre, okay maybe much cleaner than the rest and with more fans? $500 for a seafood meal, I think better to go to East Coast Seafood Centre..not that the quality there is any better lately. haha..

Anyway, perhaps, what I meant is; perhaps it will be a better world if business people can do business with ethics; but I suppose that would mean customers like all of us are, will try to get the best possible price from the sellers by bargaining.. haha..

Free Market Economy?
          [I][COLOR="navy"]"You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment." - Unknown[/COLOR][/I]

Comment

hhahah.. this is nothing compared to the S$400 seafood dinner i kena in bangkok for a party of 4!!! lets see... 4 tiger prawns, 1 squid, 1 fish, 1 vege, 3 beers and 1 coke... i regard it as an expensive lesson at most..
            In The Bag
            Him
            Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
            Her
            Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
            Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

Now I agree with you... of course business people need to be ethical when dealing with business

...but my finance 101 course taught me that the main job of CEO of a company is to maximize profit for their shareholders...

also, the price to rent a place at East Coast is peanuts when compared with the rent at Newton....

I still believe that in this case, the tourists should have checked the price before ordering.... the hawker is wrong only if he quoted them $1 but charged them $10 instead....

Originally posted by watchwerkz View Post
              You are right..maybe I didnt explain further. If you are drinking Pepsi at Goodwork Park and you paid S$6.50 for it, I am more than willing to pay for it. Why? because of the reputation the ambience I am sitting in.

Newton Food Centre is a hawker centre, okay maybe much cleaner than the rest and with more fans? $500 for a seafood meal, I think better to go to East Coast Seafood Centre..not that the quality there is any better lately. haha..

Anyway, perhaps, what I meant is; perhaps it will be a better world if business people can do business with ethics; but I suppose that would mean customers like all of us are, will try to get the best possible price from the sellers by bargaining.. haha..

Free Market Economy?

Comment

Originally posted by elyjacob View Post
                hhahah.. this is nothing compared to the S$400 seafood dinner i kena in bangkok for a party of 4!!! lets see... 4 tiger prawns, 1 squid, 1 fish, 1 vege, 3 beers and 1 coke... i regard it as an expensive lesson at most..
                HAHAHA....we all get that once in a while...this reminds me when I was in Switzerland last year; for some dumb dumb reason, I decided to go for Chinese food..landed up paying 70CHF.... it's considered cheap ?

but wait till you hear what I paid for...

1 pot of chinese tea, 1 bowl of chinese rice..and 1 plate of sweet and sour pork ( that I can swear its all batter and no meat)

I was smiling to myself when I leave the place and wondered why I still pay for it? at least I told myself, I get to drink tea and eat rice..HAHAHA....and the sweet and sour sauce wasnt too bad in a way..

Sour Grapes for myself
                [I][COLOR="navy"]"You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment." - Unknown[/COLOR][/I]

Comment

i think its a fair meal if you ask me... if the price / rate was made know prior to ordering, it the amg moh feel its to high, negotiate till the price is right then order, else walk away... U accepted, eat liao then KPKB???? Frankly, alot of ang moh think they damn big f### and can boss their way around. I hate this kind of reaction.

After reading the article, both my wife and me are hoping to go try the 30cm prawn grilled in garlic... Yum yum.. Hahah.. We won't mind the price for such a huge prawn really... But after our whole family recover from a bad case of stomach flu....
                  Like we all say, willing buyer, willing seller...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                  - GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                  - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Correct!

on the other hand, ang moh staying outside asia are much better.... don't know why...

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                    i think its a fair meal if you ask me... if the price / rate was made know prior to ordering, it the amg moh feel its to high, negotiate till the price is right then order, else walk away... U accepted, eat liao then KPKB???? Frankly, alot of ang moh think they damn big f### and can boss their way around. I hate this kind of reaction.

After reading the article, both my wife and me are hoping to go try the 30cm prawn grilled in garlic... Yum yum.. Hahah.. We won't mind the price for such a huge prawn really... But after our whole family recover from a bad case of stomach flu....
                    Like we all say, willing buyer, willing seller...

Comment

Life is tough...

NEA suspends Newton hawker stall’s licence for overcharging tourist

Channel NewsAsia - Thursday, March 19SINGAPORE: Stall No. 43 (Tanglin’s Best BBQ Seafood Stall) at Singapore’s Newton Hawker Centre has had its licence suspended for three months for overcharging.

The National Environment Agency (NEA) said it had investigated the incident of overcharging of American Michael Rigby who was billed a total of S$491, including S$239 for eight tiger prawns.

NEA said it suspended the licence because the stall has breached licensing conditions.

The stall assistant involved in the incident will also be debarred from working at the Newton Food Centre for a year. — CNA/ir/de

Comment

Sigh.... Jus to please the Ang mohs.....

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                        - GMT II
                        - GMT IIc TT
                        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                        - U1
                        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

the Ang mohs are please, the store owner poor thing no income for 3 months and still have to pay rent... and his worker sure gonna layoff...

Comment

this could set a precedent for those in hospitality industry. i mean, since when was overcharging an offense.

take for example a commodity: petrol. in my state, BP/Caltex sell it at a premium. Whereas shell and caltex cobranded with supermarkets are sold at a discount. prices are clearly marked in both areas, yet, people choose to buy from the more expensive stations.

this is simply a choice of personal decision. you eat you pay if you didnt check the price prior, then too bad. if you are eating on a budget, then you have to check price prior.

of course, who knows what will happen next, maybe STB will receive an influx of complaints of "overcharging" by our taxi, eateries, clubs, pubs, etc the list is endless
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

ha ha... and only the ang mohs can walk naked at Holland V... sorry

NEA suspends Newton hawker stall’s licence for overcharging tourist

Channel NewsAsia - Thursday, March 19SINGAPORE: Stall No. 43 (Tanglin’s Best BBQ Seafood Stall) at Singapore’s Newton Hawker Centre has had its licence suspended for three months for overcharging.

The National Environment Agency (NEA) said it had investigated the incident of overcharging of American Michael Rigby who was billed a total of S$491, including S$239 for eight tiger prawns.

NEA said it suspended the licence because the stall has breached licensing conditions.

The stall assistant involved in the incident will also be debarred from working at the Newton Food Centre for a year. — CNA/ir/de
                              they all orbi lah. want to chop at least chop 20%-50% more at least ang moh will dunno ma.they chop like so many times more..of course ang moh sure kpkb.

somemore ang moh lose $$ from recession leh,how can close one eye?

hanor! this kind of thing already going on in newton & sim lim square for so many years liao now then take action

the Ang mohs are please, the store owner poor thing no income for 3 months and still have to pay rent... and his worker sure gonna layoff...
                              they oredi chop dunno how many tourists,confirm sure can survive through 3 months
                              Opportunities come once

Comment

Mille, I understand their situation this time. I pity them too... They should get a warning or something or maybe refund accordingly...

Tourists in Singapore has been down so much recently that force these hawker to chop tourist big time... long time no business finally one carrot walk in sure chop big time.... ha ha....

Originally posted by Mille View Post

they all orbi lah. want to chop at least chop 20%-50% more at least ang moh will dunno ma.they chop like so many times more..of course ang moh sure kpkb.

somemore ang moh lose $$ from recession leh,how can close one eye?

hanor! this kind of thing already going on in newton & sim lim square for so many years liao now then take action

they oredi chop dunno how many tourists,confirm sure can survive through 3 months

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X