No announcement yet.

What will you do if this happens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, no offence to all brothers here. This is my personal opinion. I do take care of my watches. But if someone drop by ACCIDENT, so be it. I will not be sored or get angry about it. To me, a watch is only a watch. I believe some of us drive, so a little dent and here and there, cant be help. I wont lose sleep over it. Believe a car is more ex compare to watches, right?

No offence. Just my 2 cents worth

Comment

Interesting topic...

We have to look at it in two angle...

For the watch owner, you need to be careful and watch out when someone is handling your watch. If you take it off from your wrist and pass it to the another person, you are indirectly trusting the other party. If you hand over the watch very carefully to the other person, I am sure the other person will get the message that it is something very precious to you... If something really really happened to your watch, you have to be prepared to take ALL the responsibility as you trusted the other person... I will never pass my watch to my 5 year-old daughter....

For the molester, he/she must be responsible to take care of the watch. He/she must handle it with extra care. If something happens, he/she should be responsible for the repair cost. If he/she refuses to pay, he/she will lose his/her dignity, his/her respect, his/her trust, his/her face..... it is 100000000000X worst than lose $$$....

just my 2 cents~

Comment

Originally posted by kafvyn View Post
        Sorry, no offence to all brothers here. This is my personal opinion. I do take care of my watches. But if someone drop by ACCIDENT, so be it. I will not be sored or get angry about it. To me, a watch is only a watch. I believe some of us drive, so a little dent and here and there, cant be help. I wont lose sleep over it. Believe a car is more ex compare to watches, right?

I am with you bro.
        [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
        [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
        [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
        [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
        [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
        [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

u raised a good point. for the SG ROC annual D n D, better buy insurance
          It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
          Alexander Pope

Comment

kelvin! you the man!! but seriously if such accident realy happens to me...just my luck. I m sure heart very pain,and would go sleepless afew nights...

Comment

Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
              u raised a good point. for the SG ROC annual D n D, better buy insurance
              DK,not only A good point! But reminded me to wear my trusty seiko!

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                DK,not only A good point! But reminded me to wear my trusty seiko!
                yeah...next meet, all wearing swatch and casios.
                It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
                Alexander Pope

Comment

if like wad you say you can sleep over it when it happens.. like i mentioned is not those normal watches you wear or buy. as in you spend so much money and wad if it was da first time you wore it and accident happen..

i personally feel.. sometimes saying and action is two diff things.... but then good for you if you can just let it go..
                  走在人挤人的走道 我问了自已
                  没有爱情的人是否会长命
                  坐在没有人的角落 我又问自已
                  究竟应该继续 还是该放弃
                  没有人能了解我 现在的心情
                  想看你 想躲你 难以决定

Comment

the thing is no one wants it to happen. but there is always what we call accident.......it is something that cannot be avoided.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i have to agree with you on this. currently i dont think an incident like this has ever mentioned before. so we can all say about this and that, i would be interested to see what will really happen should it happen.

Originally posted by mleewh View Post
                      i personally feel.. sometimes saying and action is two diff things....
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

just like to ask Andrew about this.....

if i recall correctly, you drop one of your IWC watch ACCIDENTLY, care to share with us how you felt @ that point in time?

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

If I don't trust the person, I won't hand oer the watch. If I hand over the watch, I know whatever happens is not intentional so I will accept it.

Nothing serious happened before but at gtg, my friend dropped my Pam on to another pam on the table. Both watch owners just smile and forget.

A watch friend lend me his brand new S2000 to drive. I super careful like driving president.

End of day, friendship is counts more than some scratches.

Comment

I forgot who the forum member was but he/she posted one real life incident which I think happened at a shopping mall. Something like he arranged to meet another forum member who claimed to know how to repair watch or something then, when the "repairer" was fiddling with the watch, he dropped it accidentally. I am trying to recall if the location stated was in Tampines. If TS is reading, you may like to resurface your post to share here?

Tx.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
                              If I don't trust the person, I won't hand oer the watch. If I hand over the watch, I know whatever happens is not intentional so I will accept it.

Nothing serious happened before but at gtg, my friend dropped my Pam on to another pam on the table. Both watch owners just smile and forget.

A watch friend lend me his brand new S2000 to drive. I super careful like driving president.

I have to agree with this. If I undress my watch and h/over to the other party voluntarily, and he/she drops it by accident, then I LL. If it's he/she who insists that I undress and passed my watch to him/her to look-see-feel, then he/she will be responsible for any damage cost incurred. Vice-versa if I am in the other party's shoe. That is also why I've never wanted/insisted to see another's watch unless I am offered.

I am poor, so better not.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post

if based on da height from your hands to da table i guess da impact not as great..hence damages not very "obvious"

when i refer to drop on da floor means.. da person at standing position.. irregardless da type of floor.. whether cement.. marble.. or even roadside..
                                走在人挤人的走道 我问了自已
                                没有爱情的人是否会长命
                                坐在没有人的角落 我又问自已
                                究竟应该继续 还是该放弃
                                没有人能了解我 现在的心情
                                想看你 想躲你 难以决定

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...