Pleasant experience @Richemont Service Centre and learnt something from it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleasant experience @Richemont Service Centre and learnt something from it

Ok, I thought of sharing this with you guys.

I'd some time to kill yesterday before hitting the car showroom there so I went up to Richemont Service Centre to seek assistance for my YG Lange. It's "tarnished" from YG to dark YG (more like PG with uneven dark/light shades everywhere). I wasn't sure if they could polish it or reinstate its glory (brought it to the boutique before and was told they couldn't do anything to it - asked me to refer to service centre). I was expecting them to ask me to send my watch for servicing (own it over 3 years). After waiting 10 mins for the technician to assess the watch, a nice lady who was attending to me gave me 2 options:

1. polish it and they'll send it to Germany
    2. overhaul it at HKG

After having spent over $2k each on overhaul for my PP and AP last year, I expected the cost to be about the same(obviously, I was thinking to myself that it's $ that I've to spend as part of the hobby - another hole in the pocket! Plus I need to wait for a few months before I see this baby again)...was about to agree to option 2 but the sweet customer service lady asked me to give them 30 mins and the technician would like to see what he could do.

Waited for 30 mins - my watch came out good as new!! no more different shades. I was impressed and yet curious what did the technician do. If there's some kind of solution or cloth that could prevent the tarnishing, I would be most willing to buy it (just like the silver solution used to clean T&Co silver accessories). The nice lady told me that they used a silver cloth (and obviously hard manual work to clean it). I'm not a chemistry guy so I didn't know a silver cloth is all I need. Something new that I learnt - for the benefit of those members who own YG watches and if some of your babies have shown signs of "tarnishing".

Best of all, they didn't even charge me any $ (I didn't bring my warranty card and even if I did the warranty had expired) and I made it in time for my appointment! Very good experience overall.

I'm still thankful to the technician and the sweet customer service lady who attended to me. Kudos!

Cheers

James
    Last edited by wolfeyes1974; 14-08-13, 08:54 PM.
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

After reading your story, I can't wait to see some pictures...of that sweet lady

It has been a while since I last visited there. Kinda miss the 3 ladies, haha...

My few experiences with Richemont were also positive. Not going to touch on the details here as I am not sure if some of those extra services rendered are case-by-case basis least everyone go there and demand the same...
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
      After reading your story, I can't wait to see some pictures...of that sweet lady

It has been a while since I last visited there. Kinda miss the 3 ladies, haha...

My few experiences with Richemont were also positive. Not going to touch on the details here as I am not sure if some of those extra services rendered are case-by-case basis least everyone go there and demand the same...
      I think it's on a case by case basis. I went there thinking that I've to send in my watch for overhaul/polishing and was surprised that they extended this goodwill gesture. I think customers also play a part by being polite and not behave like "customers are always right and be too demanding/being unreasonable"

Current collection
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Originally posted by nimm12
        capecod and autosol does the same trick
        I didn't know that...I've a capecod but the YG watch has both polished and brushed surfaces so I wouldn't dare experimenting it. I thought capecod and autosol only work on stainless steel..my ignorance. now I know..thanks.

Current collection
        Audemars Piguet ROO
        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
        Panerai 270
        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
        Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Sound to me like using mechanical force but with silver cloth. Hahaha. I personally got bad experience with Tiffany & Co jewellary, bought a greenish pendant many years back for my wify and it deformed after she wear it for shower... Brought it to the shop and they gave me bunch off crap excuse. From there on, never a Tiffany in my shopping list for my wify present despite have the mesh small diamond ring, bracelet and a few others...
          Oops OT. BTT, nice read yr encounter at richmont SC.
          sigpic

Comment

And ermmm..... what watch did you send in .. ?
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              And ermmm..... what watch did you send in .. ?
              Lange la.

Current collection
              Audemars Piguet ROO
              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
              Panerai 270
              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
              Rolex 116610LV

Comment

I have the same problem with my gold Ball watch, dark colour patches on the case and buckle. Send in for service and they manage to clean everything off. You waited for 30 mins, I waited for 1 week plus to collect. When I ask them how to clean and also prevent it from happening, they couldn't give me a satisfactory answers. I guess certain things is still a mystery to the professional (correct me if I'm wrong).
                The silver cloth you mention, is it the special cloth used for cleaning silverware and silver jewelry?

Comment

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
                  I have the same problem with my gold Ball watch, dark colour patches on the case and buckle. Send in for service and they manage to clean everything off. You waited for 30 mins, I waited for 1 week plus to collect. When I ask them how to clean and also prevent it from happening, they couldn't give me a satisfactory answers. I guess certain things is still a mystery to the professional (correct me if I'm wrong).
                  The silver cloth you mention, is it the special cloth used for cleaning silverware and silver jewelry?
                  yes bro...I believe it's that kind of silver cloth

Current collection
                  Audemars Piguet ROO
                  Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                  Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                  Panerai 270
                  Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                  Rolex 116610LV

Comment

I think silver cloth as the service center mentioned they used and those precious metal wipes, polishes is lighter touch to gold.

Capecod, autosol, brasso are too abrasive and will leave lots of swirls which you will see under a bulb light.
                    They will also remove more material IMO.
                    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X