• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
    Chey... so many pros ard here...
    MP??? MG???
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Low ball or not is truly subjective as the buyer might think that the seller is not realistic with the selling price as like some examples shown, the new ones are almost the same price as new (depending on your relationship with AD). However, the seller might think that the buyer is not realistic too (without knowing what's the best deal in town) or if the seller expect to sell at a price he or she thinks is fair value.

Anyway, if it's not moving or sold, it's pretty much clear. Liquid or not would also depend on the economic climate so there's really no hard and fast rule on what is low ball what is not.

All I know is that if some sellers are asking for prices close to new (things have not gone up), I wont even bother to counter as I wont want to be branded as a low baller. At the end of the day, it depends on market demand. If some people willing to sell at a certain price and at that time and date with only one good offer, that will be the price.

Anything is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for......

Maybe with "smaller" items there's such a stigma with "Low ballness". For property, I wont be bothered about being branded one and I can tell you that at times you be surprised that your supposedly low ball offer is taken.

Comment

Maybe such namecalling by the sellers occur because sellers and buyers have a different frame of reference. Sellers tend to base their reference on their actual purchase price while buyers tend to base their reference on the current market price. By current market price, I mean the pricing that 90% of the buyers will be able to obtain with minimal negotiation. I know the remaining 10% will be able to get it cheaper due to their connections or preferred buyer status

Its normal to want to sell close to your actual purchase price so that you don't suffer too much a loss and to buy at the current market price so that you don't suffer from paying too much but at the end of the day, sellers are the only ones losing out if they remain unrealistic in their asking price. Buyers can always wait for the next better deal to come along and although sellers can also choose to wait for the next better offer, the waiting game tends to favour the buyers.

Sometimes I wonder if some of the watches advertised here are really sold at unrealistic prices or just pretended to be sold by sellers so that they can "save face" For myself, I will not bother to enter negotiation with a seller if their asking price is unrealistic to begin with since its going to be a waste of time more often than not. Some rule of thumb that I personally work with are :

LNIB local set : At least 20% off the current price less discount from the local ADs

LNIB overseas set : At least 25% off the current price less discount from the local ADs

BNIB local set : At least 10% off the current price less discount from the local ADs

BNIB overseas set : At least 15% off the current price less discount from the local ADs

Comment

Originally posted by hs2007 View Post
          Anything is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for......
          I agree...a sale usually only takes place when the item is priced to what the market will bear.

Comment

guys.. seems you all have missed out an important point also....

the CONDITION of the watch. If a watch condition is poor with scratches, dent, bracelet loose etc., will you pay for the current market price that seller's ask for?

Comment

Lowball is a term I got to know in watch trading posts.. haha..

To me, a lowballer is someone who bargain for the sake of bargain esp. if he/she knows the price is already a good price.

Market rate/ condition of watch / market demand / precious metal prices form part of the perceived value of the watch; but I personally still think "LOWBALL" is a psychological behaviour - they just enjoy the bargain even if it is $50.

Just my 0.000000005 dollar worth
              [I][COLOR="navy"]"You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment." - Unknown[/COLOR][/I]

Comment

Correct! Lowball nevermind,someone bargain for the sake of bargaining is sooooooo ah soh... when you want to sell them at their price, they normally will tell you that they want to think about it... so much to think....

Originally posted by watchwerkz View Post
                Lowball is a term I got to know in watch trading posts.. haha..

To me, a lowballer is someone who bargain for the sake of bargain esp. if he/she knows the price is already a good price.

Market rate/ condition of watch / market demand / precious metal prices form part of the perceived value of the watch; but I personally still think "LOWBALL" is a psychological behaviour - they just enjoy the bargain even if it is $50.

Just my 0.000000005 dollar worth

Comment

i guess it is in our natural instincts to try and secure any piece at the best price possible
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I think this kind of behavior is more common among Asians...don't we all know someone irritating who never fails to ask you about the price you paid for something and then tell you he/she can get it cheaper? Maybe wet market aunties are the ultimate lowballers

Comment

believe me... angmoh also have.
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

yes yes, you're right... sometimes angmoh worst...

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                        believe me... angmoh also have.

Comment

a low baller (imo) will come near only if they see that you are desperate to sell. those who are in the biz, a lowballer will not even bother wasting time.
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

why some pple like to keep asking wads yr lowest wads ya best price.. zzz
                            走在人挤人的走道 我问了自已
                            没有爱情的人是否会长命
                            坐在没有人的角落 我又问自已
                            究竟应该继续 还是该放弃
                            没有人能了解我 现在的心情
                            想看你 想躲你 难以决定

Comment

cos money very hard to earn....

Originally posted by mleewh View Post

Comment

then u learn like cortina sales person. if i give u my best price, u have to buy. else dont ask.....

Originally posted by mleewh View Post
                                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                                2. your nick
                                3. your corresponding email address
                                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X