How low is a Lowballer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    Firstly...offer for sale must be realistic or near market price...if a watch costs 3.6k at ADs and you want to sell it at 4.5k...

And you offer 3.2k it...u think it's realistic? or not?
    Agree fully with darkie. IMO, "lowballing" is subjective.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

depend on series, maybe he started with a high ball for you to low ball, end up medium ball.
      correct?

Comment

I think when economy getting worse, our balls get lower....

Originally posted by pcb123 View Post
        depend on series, maybe he started with a high ball for you to low ball, end up medium ball.
        correct?

Comment

what is perceived as lowball is only when the asking price is about market price and buyer opens bid beyond 1k for your case.

why? simple. buyers always want to buy an item @ lower price. seller wants to sell an item @ a higher price. so usually, i will ask seller to quote what is their bottom line price. if that matches my asking price, i buy. else i say thank you very much.

anyway it is part and parcel of selling an item where there will always be ppl offerin a much lower selling price.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          50% is too much.... I agree... if a person selling a SubLV now at $7600, that means $3800??? Super low ball man!

If I offer $6800, lowball or not?
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Why not link real examples from our Garage Sales Thread to discuss ?
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

ok... for example a BNIB SubLV now is selling around $7500 from local ADs... Since local AD price includes GST, actaully $$$ received for them is around $7100. A seller here selling a same watch for $7600, if I offer him $6800, am I lowballing him as market price is $7100...

Originally posted by triton View Post
              what is perceived as lowball is only when the asking price is about market price and buyer opens bid beyond 1k for your case.

why? simple. buyers always want to buy an item @ lower price. seller wants to sell an item @ a higher price. so usually, i will ask seller to quote what is their bottom line price. if that matches my asking price, i buy. else i say thank you very much.

anyway it is part and parcel of selling an item where there will always be ppl offerin a much lower selling price.

Comment

50% is too much.... I agree... if a person selling a SubLV now at $7600, that means $3800??? Super low ball man!

If I offer $6800, lowball or not?
                got you AGAIN!

we all know what makes a "lowballer",when the counter offer price is not realistic not even worth considering its a lowball. e.g. If a seller asking $5500 for his Rolex Submariner,would you think even if you offer $4500 seller would sell it to you under normal circumstances? He can simply bring to any preowned shop and sell it for 5k...all this are based on current market prices.

Comment

Ok for your case. i wont say low ball coz u see my scenario posted previously? about buyer buying a watch @ a higher price because of discount structure?

in this case, sub lv was commanding up to close to 10k about 5 years back. if the seller happen to pay say about 9k when bought brand new, selling it @ 7800 is already @ a loss. u ask seller to sell @ 6800, seller will consider ur offer low ball. seller in this case was caught, cannot say ppl low ball considering BNIB from AD is 7500 and if exclude GST...even lower priced.

that is why it can be very dangerous when one buys the watch based on salesman talk. take for example, last year say in march, a SS daytona was commanding @ a whopping 18k for white dial. but come nov, can get it @ 14k from AD. u would have like lost 4k straight out should u want to sell.

ok... for example a BNIB SubLV now is selling around $7500 from local ADs... Since local AD price includes GST, actaully $$$ received for them is around $7100. A seller here selling a same watch for $7600, if I offer him $6800, am I lowballing him as market price is $7100...
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Correct correct...

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    Ok for your case. i wont say low ball coz u see my scenario posted previously? about buyer buying a watch @ a higher price because of discount structure?

in this case, sub lv was commanding up to close to 10k about 5 years back. if the seller happen to pay say about 9k when bought brand new, selling it @ 7800 is already @ a loss. u ask seller to sell @ 6800, seller will consider ur offer low ball. seller in this case was caught, cannot say ppl low ball considering BNIB from AD is 7500 and if exclude GST...even lower priced.

that is why it can be very dangerous when one buys the watch based on salesman talk. take for example, last year say in march, a SS daytona was commanding @ a whopping 18k for white dial. but come nov, can get it @ 14k from AD. u would have like lost 4k straight out should u want to sell.

Comment

Ok... I think you are right about Rolex. It is because Rolex prices are very transparent... what about other brand? sometimes got low ball better than no ball....

Originally posted by louie View Post
                      got you AGAIN!

we all know what makes a "lowballer",when the counter offer price is not realistic not even worth considering its a lowball. e.g. If a seller asking $5500 for his Rolex Submariner,would you think even if you offer $4500 seller would sell it to you under normal circumstances? He can simply bring to any preowned shop and sell it for 5k...all this are based on current market prices.

Comment

Just my thoughts

Hi! Just to interrupt. . You guys seem to be discussing base on the assupmption that the watch to be sold is direct from the first owner. what if the watch was resold with the paper unfilled by either the second or third owner etc ( assuming the condition is preserved in excellent as by first owner). And assuming that we happen to know the watch was preowned before. Can we still lowball the seller.

Comment

Good question. But how can we know how much he had paid for the watch before?

Originally posted by Cessna View Post
                          Hi! Just to interrupt. . You guys seem to be discussing base on the assupmption that the watch to be sold is direct from the first owner. what if the watch was resold with the paper unfilled by either the second or third owner etc ( assuming the condition is preserved in excellent as by first owner). And assuming that we happen to know the watch was preowned before. Can we still lowball the seller.

Comment

A low baller is......

Place ur hand on ur heart (mo mo liang xin)...... if you should feel "paiseh" in offering at a certain price tats most probably considered a lowball. Unless ur heartless and offer ridiculous prices every other day then this is not applicable to you ;0 When you had offered more than 5 times for 5 different watches and you seems to be ignored most prob ur a lowballer.

0.01234cents

Comment

ok. take for example with rolex, there is the series alphabet...so one can know roughly when the watch was manufactured. so if sports model, can roughly work out the price.

other brands like panerai also got serial number. but for other brands abit hard especially like jaeger, breguet, etc. no serial alphabet to reference. but if send the watch in for check, they should know like when the watch was manufactured.

Originally posted by Cessna View Post

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Hello to all the lao jiao here,

Though I am new here, I am not new to online buying... To what I see, the offer depends on the market price.... Its not really subjective... If the watch previously is selling at $7600, and now it appreciate to $10k... Its is still low balling to offer much less than 10k to around 7k no matter how much he buy previously... It dependent on your market price.

Then again, no matter how much you offer, die die there will be someone offering much lower price even if you are selling a tag at 1k bucks...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X