Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone brought watch but never wear due to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone brought watch but never wear due to...

- Impulse
    - Buy for keep
    - Buy for see or just to own it
    - Buy but don't wana to scratch it
    or for other reasons....
    past collection
    Omega 3510.61,3520.50,3510.53,3510.50,3511.50,3513.50,35 21.30
    Rolex 1500,1601,1675,1680,5513,6426,6694,14060M,16234, 16523,16013,16570,16600,16613,16713,16800,16520,11 6523,116660,16610,16610lv

my colleaguebought 2 rolllies. wear during driving then when in office, puts it in the cabinet.
    go lunch or home then take out again and wear.

scared scratch the precious watch. LOL

Can see a person's character through small gestures/habits sometimes.

different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Ya only have 1. That one is a 1978 vintage rolled gold Omega Seamaster. It is so mint that it came with the rear sticker attached. Never wore it to keep it in it's 100% mint state... Sometime take out to shake a bit for it to move haha

Comment

Nope, IMO the reason why I buy watches is so that I can wear it. If you want to keep something that can tell time, try collecting ATMOS clock instead
        "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

I wear all my watches. Some are worn more often than the other but I wear all of them. One of the reason, I see, to keep a watch unworn in a pristine condition is to resell it later at a higher price. This is more about investment rather than collecting. When come to investment, there are many options and pay much better than watches.

Comment

I have always wore my watches. Some more some less in rotation.

I guess I cannot resist wearing them. Even for a few times.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

i will wear at least once.. since already bought... but end of the day will always go back to my favourite.. ;p

Comment

personally, i do have some pieces that I've not worn, more for keepsake or had buyer's remorse...but I hv this quirky buddy who tries to buy 2 pieces of all his fave timepieces...one to wear and one to keep and admire...cool if you can afford it...

Comment

i wear all my watches
                  Garage

1. Mido
                  2. Cyma
                  3. Rolex 16610
                  4. frederique constant

Comment

Some are bought on impulse then I realise how it doesnt look good on my wrist (although it always seems to look good on others).
                    Some I acquire through trading because you want to recoup back some cash although it's a watch I dont really like but at least I am suck with something of lesser value and maybe easier to sell.
                    If you have more than a few watches you probably end up wearing only a few that are of your favourite.
                    Some you try to wear it but somehow the feeling just couldnt develop no matter how much you try to.

Along the way I have learn what I actually like. Those that I used to thought I like I realise they were not suited for me. Very much like a relationship....
                    facebook.com/watches.jamy

Mine:
                    1) Rolex Seadweller T-Series
                    2) Seiko Sports Vintage
                    3) Chopard Mille Miglia GMT Chrono
                    4) Polaris Homage
                    5) Heuer Carrera
                    6) JLC Memovox Deep Sea
                    7) Baume n Mercier
                    8) Helson Skindiver
                    9) Hamilton Air Race & X-Copter
                    10) Longines Chrono
                    11) Meistersinger
                    12) Omega Triple Date
                    13) Tudor Big Block Full set
                    14) Revue Theomann Alarm
                    15) BALL EM2 World Time
                    16) Zenith Triple D

Comment

Originally posted by patrickmaniac View Post
                      my colleaguebought 2 rolllies. wear during driving then when in office, puts it in the cabinet.
                      go lunch or home then take out again and wear.

scared scratch the precious watch. LOL

Can see a person's character through small gestures/habits sometimes.

different strokes for different folks.
                      Clown he is !
                      ROLEX.

Comment

there's this word i often post in the HongKong forum-
                        “表,你系买黎戴,或者买黎拜?”
                        literally it means, do you buy a watch to play? or pray?

If you buy a watch to play, most likely you adores the hobby much that you'll wear it, or plan a schedule of different days to rotate your collection. No matter how expensive, you'll still have an schedule for every single watches you got.

But... if you buy a watch to pray... it's a different case. Most likely such watches you sought, bought, got, will be expensive pieces that you believe that keeping it in mint condition will get back more than you had paid, should you flip it in some other days.
                        Really? How much value can it really retain?
                        If this particular piece is a mass produced piece, with mass produced movements, marketed under a hefty price tag...how true can it hold it's value? Do not forget that quite a number of those who got these expensive makes, signed installment payment for the one they eyed on. Can they really be able to clear the loans to pay up for that exquisite piece?

Comment

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
                          Clown he is !
                          I wouldn't say that that fella is a clown though... try to put yourself into his position, and imagine what kind of mentality he have on his ROLLIE. Then you my understand why he may want to keep his piece in mint condition.
                          To me, it's about how much "value" can he retain by doing so to keep his piece mint... in an unconventional way.
                          Look around on those folks around you... how many of them will use the Mont Blanc which they keep clipping in their shirt pockets? How many just use any other ball pens to do their work, while their Mont BLANCs are resting comfortably on their chest?
                          Mont BLANC official legit refill for roller ball pen is less than $15 @ Mustafa Center. Cannot afford to change mehh?

Comment

Had a few that I dont wear because they no longer appeal to me, they usually end up listed for sale though. I see no point in keeping pieces that I hardly or just dont wear, the cash value tied up in these pieces can be used to pursue other more suitable pieces.

Comment

All my watches, I buy with the intention to wear. However, sometimes after I get it, I may not wear it at all because the condition, (especially for the vintage pieces) is so good that I worry about damaging it, and that would such a waste. Once I find that I do not wear a watch often, I will sell it as a watch unworn is just an expensive paperweight taking up space and funds (for other watches!).
                              "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                              three times is enemy action and
                              over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                              ."

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X