Brand Image...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand Image...

Interesting learning from today windows shopping with Darkie. We went to various watch shops at Lucky Plaza. THG, Cortina, Sincere + some other shops.

Before entering Sincere, we wanted to see IWCs on the display, but noticed the display was empty. Then we entered into the shop, and we were surprised seeing the IWC counter had empty shelf. Asked the SA why it's empty, she said, they (Sincere Lucky Plaza) were no longer AD for IWC. The location is apparently not prestige enough for IWC to have their products displayed/sold. Cortina Lucky Plaza will also stop selling IWC.

If Patek/Lange and other top brands have no problem with Lucky Plaza, I find the reason from IWC is very arrogant. As buyers, I dont mind buying from ulu places as long as the prices are right. Do you think it's a smart marketing move from Richemont?
    [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
    [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
    [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
    [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
    [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
    [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Originally posted by Hary View Post
    Interesting learning from today windows shopping with Darkie. We went to various watch shops at Lucky Plaza. THG, Cortina, Sincere + some other shops.

Before entering Sincere, we wanted to see IWCs on the display, but noticed the display was empty. Then we entered into the shop, and we were surprised seeing the IWC counter had empty shelf. Asked the SA why it's empty, she said, they (Sincere Lucky Plaza) were no longer AD for IWC. The location is apparently not prestige enough for IWC to have their products displayed/sold. Cortina Lucky Plaza will also stop selling IWC.

If Patek/Lange and other top brands have no problem with Lucky Plaza, I find the reason from IWC is very arrogant. As buyers, I dont mind buying from ulu places as long as the prices are right. Do you think it's a smart marketing move from Richemont?

Is that so? Didnt hear from my 'lobang' on that. If that the case, no lobang liao. My discount from there is very attractive. My client work there. Got to ask discount from hilton Sincere. Got a friend, not a client who works there.

Comment

Maybe sales there wasn't gd...thus they classified it as.."location" not gd.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

or they may have been caught giving more than the stipulated discount set by Richemont.

Comment

Would they be able to do internal transfer of stocks if customer insist to buy it from their Lucky Plaza branch?

Comment

Originally posted by PeeCeeBee View Post
            Would they be able to do internal transfer of stocks if customer insist to buy it from their Lucky Plaza branch?
            I think should be no problem bro
            [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
            [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
            [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
            [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
            [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
            [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Prob there no sales. I reckon Richemont checks on e sales of its brands islandwide..
              "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Hmm. I think it's still not a good move to not sell a brand of a watch despite them being an AD for it due to low sales. At this ecnomic time, more retail outlets, the better the hit rate. Moreover, Richmond dun have to pay rental to display their pieces at all their outlets. Not a good move in my opinion.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                - GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

This is really BS....

In the future, IWC will check on their customer profile to make sure that they are "prestige" enoguh to wear their watches...

Comment

Of course it is not a good move! Today no sales doesn't mean tomorrow no sales... we have to be positive and stay focused....

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                    Hmm. I think it's still not a good move to not sell a brand of a watch despite them being an AD for it due to low sales. At this ecnomic time, more retail outlets, the better the hit rate. Moreover, Richmond dun have to pay rental to display their pieces at all their outlets. Not a good move in my opinion.

Comment

this one im not sure. have you noticed that certain brands are usually in front part of the shop rather than @ the back? certain items are usually placed @ eye level or 'strategic' position to attract customers first?

im not sure if the AD receives 'advertisment fees location' from certain brands. as such, maybe they pull out is because the brand want to cut cost.

do note, this comment is strictly based on the point of 'pay rental fee' not about the watch brand withdrawal.

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                      Moreover, Richmond dun have to pay rental to display their pieces at all their outlets. Not a good move in my opinion.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

as to watch brand withdrawal, i dont think it is about prestigious or not.

im rather to incline to say that the sales are not high enough. as such they choose to withdraw their brands @ the location and move it to another branch.

alternatively as someone else mentioned, maybe they offered more discount than agreed upon between brand and AD. as such the withdraw of the brand. sometimes the brand may get 'mystery shopper' to test the AD on discount given and product knowledge. in bad economic times, maybe they need the sales figures as such offer higher discount to selected customers. this in turn got backfired.

i dont think a SA/SE will tell a customer that they offered a higher discount to another customer right? so, if you happen to get a good discount of a watch, keep it quiet or share it quietly. protect your SE/SA, this would mean u can get better discount in future also.

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
                        or they may have been caught giving more than the stipulated discount set by Richemont.
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X