This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zhi_Peng View Post
    Oh~ so I think SAF should ban uniform out of camp? Because once you step out of camp with uniform means leaking out information? Like what you mentioned, rank, unit, guards, ranger, airborne, marksman, etc??

No wonder so many information leaked cause SAF never ban uniform out of camp?
    Dude, the web is free to grab, if ppl want to step into Sg to steal info, that one govt cannot stop unless they find evidence on him. But posting yr uniform pics especially the higher ranking and KAH on social website or Internet is something govt can do. If u think i am bull****ting u and the rest, then i cannot force u. If we ever bump into each other for GTGs and u serve NS, I will tell u what I heard and saw.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
      I believe there a code of conduct in civil service not to showoff yrslf wearing expensive thing especially in uniform.( but rolex very affordable nowadays as kids also wear them, expensive thing maybe like Lange , RM and etc). BTW, SAF officer has to got through table manner training as well. Do not surprise if the code of conduct for wear expensive things is there. I also remember that, officers of certain ranks are told not to take bus and train. But i guess only a civil servant can clarify that with us.
      Bro, that is known as POLITICS....muayahahahah

Wah, first time i hear officer told not to take bus and train.....heehee.
      Of what rank? BG?
      Colonel earn only $15k, dont take bus or train, take what?
      That should be peoples freedom right?
      I dont know, i am only a corporal.

Comment

Originally posted by Distinguido View Post
        Bro, that is known as POLITICS....muayahahahah
        Dude, no offense but no u no bro to me lah. I personally never see a Full time service LTC and above take public bus and MRT in uniform. I also two arrow pointing down lei. Maybe NS to u is wayang, to me it is an added secuirty for my family. And for all other info. Big bro is watching us. So dun do anything foolish that will jeapadise yrself thinking u can get away with it. The snowden leak and recent change in MDA rule is just a warning for all of us.
        Last edited by Iceheller; 11-07-13, 09:56 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

thread close
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Close?
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Sorry I have to re-open because I want to set the record straight. I have to state upfront too that I do not know TS and have no particular relationship with him/her. But I see that the discussions here have gotten out of context. It is (I believe) not about whether there is 'legal rights' to take photo with uniform, or take photo with uniform and a branded watch, etc.

I think what TS was intending to talk about was how, certain information one shares publicly, will lead to unnecessary negative outcome. I believe it is not (legally) wrong to take and share photos of oneself in uniform wearing an expensive watch. It is how people will take such an opportunity to 'politicise' the whole issue. If you guys are discerning and sensitive to the socio-political climate, not only in Singapore, but around the world, you will realize how such an 'innocent photo' can lead to many things negative.

Remember the NKF saga? How did a "$600,000 a year is peanuts" created such furore? You see a pic of Sylvester Stallone wearing a PAM vs the pic of Lee Hsien Loong wearing the same PAM. What do you think? For some, they will think there is nothing wrong, and truly, there is nothing wrong! Remember the not-too-long-ago online vice ring that was busted and many people were arrested, most have been prosecuted, over sleeping with an "underaged" prostitute? Which accused persons will create more "news"? A civil servant or "man in uniform", or do you think a sales manager, insurance/property agent, etc.

Let's face it, a crime is a crime. But who is that person(s) who commits the crime gets the limelight or not. Whether you like it or not, people will take this chance to "wack". This goes the same for what (I think) TS intends to discuss here. He/she may have ulterior motive, I wouldn't know, but it is about being sensitive to what you want to share in public sphere.

I'm not saying who is wrong/right. We come from different backgrounds and live in different environments so to some, there is nothing wrong. But to others, it may hit a raw nerve. Personally, I will not do that (as in the photo).

Have a great weekend
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X