Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumours or facts that deter you from a particular brand/model

As above.

For me, when the Rolex ceramic bezel started, is that it wont scratch but will chip and many reported their bezel chipped thus I stayed away from ceramic for few years after I realise it isnt common for chips.....

For me it was the Panerai 318 scandal. i was reading up on panerai, and that popped up, scratched the brand totally off my list.

i dont know how anyone can defend that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit View Post
      For me it was the Panerai 318 scandal. i was reading up on panerai, and that popped up, scratched the brand totally off my list.

i dont know how anyone can defend that.
      Yes, big time! Reputational damage is very hard to 'restitute', especially in the luxe watch industry! imagine paying S$10K and get a watch that look and feel like a S$3K watch?!

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
        Yes, big time! Reputational damage is very hard to 'restitute', especially in the luxe watch industry! imagine paying S$10K and get a watch that look and feel like a S$3K watch?!
        $3k? U are being too kind. I saw the gut pics bro, i wont even pay $50 for that.

Comment

Definately the 318 issue is one , some microbrands have better finishings on their Unitas than that movement found in the 318
          DLC coatings scratching and ceramic cases breaking off completely are two other issues that bug me in general.

Comment

had always liked the Cartier Santos 100... & wanted to get the XL100

until reading it online that Louis Cartier had designed it for a gay man...
            also on youtube watch review by this bloke Paul Pluta of Archieluxury... claiming it that 80% of Santos owners are homosexuals & bisexuals...
            lastly... yes, I have Gay friends, they love Cartier, most own at least one...

i still admire the Santos... just not sure if i wanna buy it... until i turned metrosexual, maybe...

Comment

hack it...I will buy if I love the watch whether it is design for gay, heterosex or metrosex..that's me

Comment

So u are telling me people prefer this

over this

http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...terious+PAM318
                Originally posted by nimm12
                no one bothers to defend it, not even angelo bonati (panerai CEO)
                he admits the undecorated movements in the LE 318 (total 150pc ever produced) was done on purpose
                owners who prefer the decorated OP movement could get a FOC swap of movement by panerai - but i doubt collectors will do that - the undecorated movement makes the LE 318 all the more 'limited' and collectable

assuming it cost panerai $500 to decoratie a third party movement, 150pc translates to $75k in production cost
                do you think panerai need to cheat a miserable $75k?

fyi panerai annual turnover is about $350mil

(btw $500 to decorate a movement is largely inflated)

Comment

Hahaha how about not turning this into another 318-bashing thread?

Ok another, didn't get the Sinn u1 cuz of the sapphire AR coating with ppl saying the AR get scratched easily
                  In fact most with AR, I try to avoid

Comment

"Dear xxx,

I am reading about the new watch Pam 318. In order to not create confusion, I want to tell you that this watch was created in order to honor the New York Boutique opening.

The movement is a little bit different than the other because of some components.

I remind you that we did something similar with Firenze. This watch is reserved for USA Boutiques.

Have fun

Angelo Bonati "
                    Came across to me like a reverse publicity or marketing gimmick... i read it like Angelo saying...
                    "you new yorkers are bloody cheapskate... i'll create this piece with cheap movement... but blokes will still pay and make this a collector... cos it's officine panerai..."

Comment

Peace out on the 318 , folks.

Comment

The only worry u need to be concern is when the watch company go burst! The rest is minor... Just look at the statistic over the last decade and u be in for a shock...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kel12 View Post
                          Came across to me like a reverse publicity or marketing gimmick... i read it like Angelo saying...
                          "you new yorkers are bloody cheapskate... i'll create this piece with cheap movement... but blokes will still pay and make this a collector... cos it's officine panerai..."
                          sounds about right.

Comment

Quartz is the 70-80s, where AP almost vanish if not for late gerald genta to design the iconic RO and so forth. Your new quartz competition may be from smart watch such as iwatch. Just google or blackle for Wyler, Anonimo, BNB concept, Perrelet, eterna, corum and etc. I personally believe this is just tip of thr iceberg. Most need to be rescued or just disappeared. With new Swiss made label criteria and swatch starting to stop eubache, many companies will wither out soon as third party eubache manufacturers such as soprod, ronda and etc, simply cannot replace the volume that swatch supply. Unless rolex wants to enter market to supply. Hehehe
                            Just my $2.
                            sigpic

Comment

cartier 100xl for gay??
                              damn, all the while i thought it was awe-dee-mar pee-GAY
                              Haha... funny man you!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X