Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naples U.S Marina Militare sued by Panerai..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naples U.S Marina Militare sued by Panerai..??

Brisk through google and thought i saw naples watches in usa famous for their MMs homages being sued by Officine Panerai recently!! Anyone can confirm?

Then went ebay went to look for MM.. Not even one listed liao.. Anyone can confirm..?
    [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
    Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/cou...ase_id-219448/

Comment

Originally posted by communicam View Post
      Brisk through google and thought i saw naples watches in usa famous for their MMs homages being sued by Officine Panerai recently!! Anyone can confirm?

Then went ebay went to look for MM.. Not even one listed liao.. Anyone can confirm..?
      http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/...erai-rolex-wa/

Comment

Can ask reach10 from counting-time?

Comment

Wah.. times r really so bad tat pam hv to resort to tis?
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

So it's true then..
            Like tat i better dun wear my MM go europe.. Wait kana saman!

Thanks for the info bro louie!
            [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
            Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

So it's true then..
              Like tat i better dun wear my MM go europe.. Wait kana saman!

Thanks for the info bro louie!
              no worries buddy! ..i know they already started on ebay and WUS.The regular MM sellers on WUS have mostly been sued.Even if the brand name PANERAI is not on the dial,but any part of it resemble Panerai patented designs can be liable to violation of trademark rights. Below is the report from Naple news,

Officine Panerai N.V.’s lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Fort Myers, accuses Burkard of trademark infringement and unfair competition.

The complaint says Burkard damaged Panerai’s reputation by hawking replicas of the Panerai, Luminor, Radiomir, and Marina Militare, which have distinctive cushioned cases and designs, including beveled edges, oversized numerals, and machinery.

“The Panerai company has been famous for the production of fine luxury watches, innovation in watch styles and designs, and introduction of new and important watch technologies,” the complaint says.

“... (Burkard’s) manufacture, promotion, distribution and sale of watches utilizing the distinctive marks and designs protected by the Panerai Registrations creates a likelihood of confusion such that the purchasing public is likely to believe that defendant’s watches are authentic Panerai watches or are in some manner sponsored, approved or authorized by, or otherwise connected with Panerai, when that is not the case,” according to the complaint.

The complaint says Burkard continued marketing the watches despite knowing he was committing trademark infringement.

Several years ago, Panerai successfully sued a Japanese company, Ken Trading, which was selling replicas of the Marina Militare, and forced it to stop selling them.

In November, Panerai, now based in the Netherlands, obtained a restraining order preventing Burkard from selling the watches or destroying evidence, including the watches, business and computer records, advertising, and correspondence.

A month later, Burkard filed his answer, denying he’d advertised the watches as replicas, attempted to confuse the public, or that he’d been warned by Panerai to stop.

The lawsuit asks Burkard to deliver all watches that bear the company’s trademarks and all catalogs, circulars or products that promote Panerai watches. It also wants an accounting of all profits Burkard made selling the replicas.

For the violation of trademark rights, the company seeks compensation for damage to Panerai, as well as Burkard’s profits — or triple that amount under counterfeit laws.

Comment

huh? i thought destree22bt already reported it? i think about 2-3 mths ago, there was a clampdown on ebay too. i bought 1 aftermkt metal bracelet from naples before, quality was good even though design not as fine as the original...
                "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                three times is enemy action and
                over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                ."

Comment

yea, no more of these Panerai "homage" watches on ebay anymore. major clampdown. Seriously (and sadly) I feel that the Chinese have made quite good copies of Panerai's (relative to the price). Best bet is to look around forums these days.
                  fallraen
                  "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

So if ebay can get sued wat abt sgroc since we oso carry ad by counting-time?

Comment

weird, they should be suing people producing replicas not homages what? which is worst?

Comment

Originally posted by Triumph View Post
                        So if ebay can get sued wat abt sgroc since we oso carry ad by counting-time?
                        sgroc belong to who? Why will get sue?
                        You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

I think Counting time did not sell many hommage compare which I see on the forum everyday.
                          You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

well... rxw also was shut down? i don't think they can ever shut down all the sellers. when one shuts down another pops up.

anyways theres alot of grey area regarding "homages" that look too close to the real deals. there are alot of people who love em and alot who detest them claiming they are just blatant copies. personally i'm okay with them, knowing they will never replace the real deal.

this discussion never seems to end.
                            fallraen
                            "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

Originally posted by tunge View Post
                              weird, they should be suing people producing replicas not homages what? which is worst?
                              cos got demand hence the supply..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X