Singapore Merlion Struck by Lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Merlion Struck by Lightning

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm our 36 years old icon and pride MERLION, struck and damaged by lightning.....Is it a Bad OMEN ?

What do think bros ?

For me it, just a accidental ....

*** EMMANUEL***

I think its a bad sign A bad omen telling us the market is going down down down

Comment

I hope Merlion is ok... why didn't they install something to protect it in the first place....

Comment

Sign for punters to buy 4D?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

My father remembers "Empire Day" in 1941 when he was a young student. Lightning struck the British Flag and it fell down to the ground. A few months later, the Japanese over-ran Singapore in Feb 1942.

He was a little perturbed by the lightning strike.

Comment

Although the police says they are still investigating.

No one saw the lightning jus a loud bang .....

When I heard this on the radion Saturday evening, initailly tot it was a joke

Comment

Bad sign...hold on to your seatbelts everyone!!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                My father remembers "Empire Day" in 1941 when he was a young student. Lightning struck the British Flag and it fell down to the ground. A few months later, the Japanese over-ran Singapore in Feb 1942.

He was a little perturbed by the lightning strike.

Not to worry bros ! Those days of Fish and Chips, we relied on the English to defend our shores, NOW Bros....we are a Nation ! We rely on ourself to defend and we will pull through difficults times TOGETHER !!!

Fish and Chips anyone ?

WE ARE SINGAPORE, WE ARE SINGAPORE, AND TOGETHER WILL......MAKE THE LION ROAR............................
                *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Might it be an omen tat e market is going really bad and soon worst?
                  "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by Fred_Tan
                    It's heaven sign that Singapore's time is over!

With UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sth Africa, China, Sth Americas & India already running full steam since 1998, it's matter of time before Singapore becomes like Japan, Italy & France who suffered high unemployment, shrinking domestic mart, ageing population that burdened the tax payer & future generations.

With long haul flights India, China, Australia, New Zealand, Middle-east & Sth Americas to Europe & Nth America now made possible with Dreamliner & A380, it's matter of time before Changi air terminals become a car park.

SIA is no longer the only premium airliner with Emirates many other airlines crowding these marts.

With less stress on high human & capital movement due to the outflow of factories which produce goods for exports & usage of high intensity labour away from Singapore, this will hasten Changi airhub status unfolding & SIA role in tandem.

In few years time, Singaporeans will be like the people in LV & Macau.
                    Working only as pimps, loan sharks, waiter, chef, hostess, cashier, prostitutes, bartender, club singer, games dealer, retail assistant, cleaner, security guards & gigolos with low pay.

The fact remain that even we're pumping a lot of investment into RnD, finance, banking, mfc, healthcare, education, defense, housing, infrastructure & airports, others in many countries can also do the same & provide it at cheaper price with nearer access to mart & labour.

Till today, unlike Taiwan, Sth Korea, Europe & Japan, Spore has failed to lead in any niche sector to differeciate itself.

The current downturn is a good excuse for lack of growth but even without this depression, the writings is already on the wall when our Bio-tech, Life-science & phamarceutical 1995 - 2005 initiative failed to generate enough FDI to replace electrical & electronic sector that hire 30% of our workforce.
                    WE had to resort to gambling dens as a result.

How can we attract GSK, Pfizer, Roche & Norvatis when we dun have the know-how, mart, labour, population & cheap natural resources to make, test & mart these products?

GIC just made SGD58 bllion or 30% investment lost & they say this is less than MSCI World Equity Index.
                    I find this comparison absolutely absurd as our funds are managed & managed funds should have a stop loss order & should not lose 30%!
                    Malaysia's sovereign fund, Khazanah Holdings actually made 5% or USD8billion last year.
                    CALPERS in USA made a staggering 20%. Japan Post Office Retirement Agency made 12%.
                    How can a fully managed GIC lose 30%?
                    I really do not understand...

Only heaven knows how much Temasek lost.

Out population has no culture of excellence & and are mere followers of law, books, Best-Known-Method, Standard-Operating-Procedure & master.

We do not possess any differential innovation to create any service, product or anything that can attract any interest in us.

I saw the ads by Marina Bay Sands in ST on Saturday.
                    It has the hotel & gaming jobs that I'm sure tens of thousand will beg for....

But I'm skeptic on how 20 tables of gambling can help Singapore when Genting has 280 tables, Macau over 1200, LV over 5000.......

I will be better off learning how to fish...
                    But I wont do so in green speedo for sure like our 54yo fren who had problems with National Park recently....
                    Well said. my sentiments exactly and e HUGE influx of FTs are making it worst. LOCAL who did 2-2.5 yrs f his NS did for nothing, cannot get a job!
                    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Bad omens

It's heaven sign that Singapore's slinging time is over!

With UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sth Africa, China, Sth Americas & India already running full steam since 1998, it's matter of time before Singapore becomes like Japan, Italy & France who suffered high unemployment, shrinking domestic mart, ageing population that burdened the tax payer & future generations.

With long haul flights India, China, Australia, New Zealand, Middle-east & Sth Americas to Europe & Nth Americas now made possible with Boeing Dreamliner & Airbus A380, it's matter of time before Changi air terminals become a car park for "bapuk" to ply their trade.

SIA is no longer the only premium airliner with Emirates many other airlines crowding these marts that no executive are allowed to book nowadays. I reallu dunno who's sitting in Raffles & 1st Class on SQ flight these days.

With less stress on high human & capital movement due to the outflow of factories which produce goods for exports & usage of high intensity labour away from Singapore, this will hasten Changi airhub status unfoldings & SIA role in tandem.

In few years time, Singaporeans will be like the people in Bangkok, LV & Macau.
                      Working only as pimps, loan sharks, waiter, chef, debt collectors, bouncers, hostess, cashier, prostitutes, bartender, club singer, games dealer, retail assistant, cleaner, security guards & gigolos with low pay & low job satisfaction.

The fact remain that even when we're pumping a lot of investments into RnD, finance, banking, mfc, healthcare, education, defense, housing, infrastructure & airports since 1960s, others in many oil rich countries can also do the same & provide it at cheaper price with nearer access to mart & labour.

Till today, unlike Taiwan, Sth Korea, Europe & Japan, Spore has failed to lead in any niche sector to differeciate itself.

The current downturn is a good excuse for lack of growth but even without this depression, the writings is already on the wall when our Bio-tech, Life-science & phamarceutical 1995 - 2005 initiative failed to generate enough FDI to replace electrical & electronic sector that hire 30% of our workforce.

Just look at the F1 race.
                      If the race in Sepang, KL brings in USD600 million in total revenue per season since 1998, Singapore's race rakes negligible USD20million even when it's staged at night.

How can we attract GSK, Pfizer, Roche & Norvatis when we dun have the know-how, mart, labour, population & cheap natural resources to make, test & mart these products?
                      Who wants to set up these type plant or RnD here when labour, gas, chemicals, rent, Di-Water & electricity is 2 - 17 times more expensive than anywhere else?

GIC just made SGD58 bllion or 30% investment lost & they say this is less than MSCI World Equity Index.
                      I find this comparison absolutely absurd as our funds are fully managed & should have a stop loss order & should not lose 30%!
                      Malaysia's sovereign fund, Khazanah Holdings, managed by Frank Russell actually made 5% or USD8 billion last year.
                      CALPERS, the world second largest fund, also managed by Frank Russell in USA made a staggering 20% profit in 08. Japan Post Office Retirement Agency who handle the world largest fund made 12% and it's also managed by Frank Russell.

It's little wonder that CPF can only give 2.5 - 5% interest per annum when Malaysia, Japan & USA retirement funds gives 6 - 12% every year since 1950s.

I'm not surprise if Temasek lose SGD100 billion as Temasek funds are 3x more than GIC.

Our population has no culture of excellence & and are mere followers of law, books, Best-Known-Method, Standard-Operating-Procedure & master. We're just clueless in this world....

We do not possess any differential innovation to create any service, product or anything that can attract any interest in us.

I saw the recruitment ads by Marina Bay Sands in ST on Saturday.
                      It has the hotel & gaming jobs that I'm sure tens of thousands of unemployed & educated PMET will beg for....

But I'm skeptical on how 20 tables of gambling can help Singapore when Genting has 280 tables, Macau over 1200, LV over 5000.......

Like all civilization, company, product, services & country, each sunrise will end in sunset....

But I wont do so in green speedo for sure like our 54yo fren who had problems with National Park recently....

Comment

Wow Fred! A lightning struck can write so much! You must be a English student.

On the other hand, I think we should be positive and focused...

Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
                        It's heaven sign that Singapore's slinging time is over!

With long haul flights India, China, Australia, New Zealand, Middle-east & Sth Americas to Europe & Nth Americas now made possible with Boeing Dreamliner & Airbus A380, it's matter of time before Changi air terminals become a car park for "bapuk" to ply their trade.

SIA is no longer the only premium airliner with Emirates many other airlines crowding these marts that no executive are allowed to book nowadays. I reallu dunno who's sitting in Raffles & 1st Class on SQ flight these days.

With less stress on high human & capital movement due to the outflow of factories which produce goods for exports & usage of high intensity labour away from Singapore, this will hasten Changi airhub status unfoldings & SIA role in tandem.

In few years time, Singaporeans will be like the people in Bangkok, LV & Macau.
                        Working only as pimps, loan sharks, waiter, chef, debt collectors, bouncers, hostess, cashier, prostitutes, bartender, club singer, games dealer, retail assistant, cleaner, security guards & gigolos with low pay & low job satisfaction.

The fact remain that even when we're pumping a lot of investments into RnD, finance, banking, mfc, healthcare, education, defense, housing, infrastructure & airports since 1960s, others in many oil rich countries can also do the same & provide it at cheaper price with nearer access to mart & labour.

Just look at the F1 race.
                        If the race in Sepang, KL brings in USD600 million in total revenue per season since 1998, Singapore's race rakes negligible USD20million even when it's staged at night.

Who wants to set up these type plant or RnD here when labour, gas, chemicals, rent, Di-Water & electricity is 2 - 17 times more expensive than anywhere else?

I find this comparison absolutely absurd as our funds are fully managed & should have a stop loss order & should not lose 30%!
                        Malaysia's sovereign fund, Khazanah Holdings, managed by Frank Russell actually made 5% or USD8 billion last year.
                        CALPERS, the world second largest fund, also managed by Frank Russell in USA made a staggering 20% profit in 08. Japan Post Office Retirement Agency who handle the world largest fund made 12% and it's also managed by Frank Russell.

It's little wonder that CPF can only give 2.5 - 5% interest per annum when Malaysia, Japan & USA retirement funds gives 6 - 12% every year since 1950s.

I'm not surprise if Temasek lose SGD100 billion as Temasek funds are 3x more than GIC.

Our population has no culture of excellence & and are mere followers of law, books, Best-Known-Method, Standard-Operating-Procedure & master. We're just clueless in this world....

I saw the recruitment ads by Marina Bay Sands in ST on Saturday.
                        It has the hotel & gaming jobs that I'm sure tens of thousands of unemployed & educated PMET will beg for....

But I'm skeptical on how 20 tables of gambling can help Singapore when Genting has 280 tables, Macau over 1200, LV over 5000.......

Like all civilization, company, product, services & country, each sunrise will end in sunset....

Comment

Believed in GOD bros and sisters !

For only our Father in Heaven knows our deepest fears and He will never leave us alone in times of despair !

Amen !

God Bless !

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                            Wow Fred! A lightning struck can write so much! You must be a English student.

On the other hand, I think we should be positive and focused...
                            wah lao eh!!

its like 10000 page thesis paper on a random lightning strike!
                            Opportunities come once

Comment

Well, we got no Rolex...
                              but at least Seiko are made in Singapore.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X